Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Getting a 360 for Christmas - Game suggestions?
PostPosted: December 1st, 2007, 12:05 pm 
BANNED

RS Status: Classic
Title says it all. Suggest games that I should buy. We'll pretend money isn't a factor, even though it is. So just list every game worth buying.

Already bought Gears of War and BioShock (Yeah, I'm preparing a month ahead), and the system comes with Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. Oh and tell me what games are XBL compatible.

Thanks.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 1st, 2007, 12:05 pm 
BANNED

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2007, 12:09 pm 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
You'll get better answers in the gaming forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2007, 12:41 pm 
BANNED

Wasn't aware there was a Gaming Forum... Well, thanks Creepy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2007, 1:24 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Ryno nub
Call of Duty 4 is XBL compatible. Has an excellent single player storyline and the Multiplayer is even better. You should consider buying it.

Halo 3 is good aswell, but I prefer CoD4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2007, 1:36 pm 
Dragon Member

Ryan wrote:
Call of Duty 4 is XBL compatible. Has an excellent single player storyline and the Multiplayer is even better. You should consider buying it.

Halo 3 is good aswell, but I prefer CoD4.

agreed, get cod4 over halo3 anyday :)

Quoted from another topic i posted in:

- Tom - wrote:
if youre getting halo 3 id get cod4 too. its better, on live and on single player. imo by a long shot.

creed is good and very long, but dont rush through it, take your time and do ALL the side quests first before finishing the assassination on that bit. it gets a little same-y after a while but its still an awesome game.

guitar hero 2 or 3 are both great games if you like music.

dead rising is possibly the best single player game ive ever played, although its got a typical zombioe infested mall storyline, theres loads of twists in it which make it great, plus its got a LOT of achievements for you to work at and its got so many ways to complete the game its just amazing.

gears, although a bit dead after halo and cocd4, is still a must have. its great, third person tactical shooter. bit of a change from the typical fps that i mainly play on live.

crackdown is fun for a while, then it starts getting boring after the get 5* in everything. although imo if you can afford it, buy it :)

nfs most wanted is the best nfs game ive played yet, and i love it, and its also great for 2 player too. same as crackdown for this, buy it if you can afford it :)

small reviews on my top games for 360 :)

hope that helps somewhat

Dragon Member #49 as of|25/11/2006
SOTW wins:
[32] [33]

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2007, 6:37 pm 
BANNED

It did help somewhat, if only confirm what I was already thinking. Here's the games that I plan to buy.

Gears of War - BOUGHT
Oblivion - Amazing open-ended RPG. I have it for the PC, but with my graphics card, it's terrible. I could easily clock 300+ hours on this one, so it's definately worth the buy.
Halo 3 - Ofcourse I have to finish this trilogy. And the XBL multiplayer is insanely fun.
Assassins Creed - Looks like it's kinda open ended, but the linear storyline should be good. I'm not sure if it is long enough for a buy though.
Call of Duty 4 - I've never played a Call of Duty, but everyone I know is telling me that it's online play is better than Halo, so yeah. Not sure about the Single player though.
BioShock - BOUGHT
Guitar Hero 3 - Really really fun. That's about it.
The Darkness - Little twist on the classic shooter. Big tentacles coming out of your back that love to feast on hearts is always a plus.
Lost Odyssey - Finally, something other than a shooter. This RPG is made by the original Producer of Final Fantasy, and the Composer Nobuo Uematsu, who wrote the scores for I through X.

Although Dead Rising does look really cool, it kinda looks like a rental game to me. I mean, it's probably fun, but I just don't know. And achievments don't mean anything to me. I have NFS: Most Wanted for Xbox, so I'd rather not buy that one again.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 1st, 2007, 6:37 pm 
BANNED

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2007, 1:22 pm 
Dragon Member

Total Plox wrote:

Call of Duty 4 - I've never played a Call of Duty, but everyone I know is telling me that it's online play is better than Halo, so yeah. Not sure about the Single player though.

Although Dead Rising does look really cool, it kinda looks like a rental game to me. I mean, it's probably fun, but I just don't know.

cod4 has an amazing single player mode. has to be the most fun fps shooter story mode ever. and when you complete it you get arcade mode. where you can rerun through the story mode getting points like youre in an arcade, which a limited amount of lives etc...
and even tho you said you dont care about amerpoints theres a LOT from cod4, 40 every ~2 missions on veteran mode.

dead rising is too big to rent, theres 3 different modes with about 4 different endings for each, many psycopaths and many people to save,. and its fairly cheap now so imo its worth a buy.

SOTW wins:
[32] [33]

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2007, 1:55 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Xolor
Call of Duty 4 and Halo 3 are both good games, however don't get CoD 4 unless you also get Halo 3. Whoever said CoD 4 has better multiplayer... what are you smoking?

They're both good in their own way though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2007, 2:34 pm 
Dragon Member

Dan wrote:
Call of Duty 4 and Halo 3 are both good games, however don't get CoD 4 unless you also get Halo 3. Whoever said CoD 4 has better multiplayer... what are you smoking?

cod4 > halo 3 any day. imo.

SOTW wins:
[32] [33]

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2007, 11:41 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Ryno nub
- Tom - wrote:
Dan wrote:

cod4 > halo 3 any day. imo.

Its true.

Halo 3 multiplayer is kinda pathetic now. You get 1xp for winning a game, it doesn't matter if you get the most kills, or no kills at all, its always 1 exp if your team wins. On CoD4 your rank goes up as you kill more people, which in my opinion is much better.

And beside the fact CoD4 is more realistic, Halo 3 has gone even more downhill now that all the noobs have started playing online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2007, 12:07 pm 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Halo 3 is an arcade style game. COD4 is more realistic. Notice how you can't bunny hop about in COD4?

There two different FPS genres you can't compare it's a matter of taste.

As for this:

Quote:
Lost Odyssey - Finally, something other than a shooter. This RPG is made by the original Producer of Final Fantasy, and the Composer Nobuo Uematsu, who wrote the scores for I through X.

Blue Dragon was also made by the same people and is out now on the 360. Eternal sonata is another JRPG that you may be interested in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2007, 12:48 pm 
Dragon Member

Ryan wrote:
Halo 3 multiplayer is kinda pathetic now. You get 1xp for winning a game, it doesn't matter if you get the most kills, or no kills at all, its always 1 exp if your team wins. On CoD4 your rank goes up as you kill more people, which in my opinion is much better.

Exp is not Skill/Rank... Your team can win every game but you'll hardly go up in Skill if you don't contribute. As for bunny hopping, it's a god **** sci-fi game lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 4th, 2007, 3:39 pm 
Dragon Member

Dan wrote:
Ryan wrote:

Exp is not Skill/Rank... Your team can win every game but you'll hardly go up in Skill if you don't contribute. As for bunny hopping, it's a god **** sci-fi game lol.

also, you unlock new weapons and scopes and camo when you skillup in cod. all you get in halo is crappy armour skins? wooooow.

and i guess creppy has a good point, but imo cod is better. i guess opiniosn are split though, but if you buy one you gotta buy the other :)

SOTW wins:
[32] [33]

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 4th, 2007, 6:43 pm 
Dragon Member

- Tom - wrote:
but if you buy one you gotta buy the other :)

qft