Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Spring 2013 Informer Applications
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2013, 3:14 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
As mentioned in the roundup earlier this week we're opening applications for a RuneScape writer. If you have stories in your head pertaining to RuneScape this might be the perfect opportunity for you. If you have an opinion about the direction RuneScape is headed, this is also for you.

Past writing experience is not required. We do hope that you have a decent grasp of the english language and its subsequent grammar mechanics. One article of at least 750 words per month is required. We are also very lenient with deadlines providing you give us advanced notice of your situation.

For your application please write an article that is at least 750 words long. You may cover anything in the realm of RuneScape. Please private message the article to myself with the subject line "RSBANDBInformer! Application". You should also include some information along with the article such as:
  • Your RuneScape name.
  • How long you've been playing.
  • General location and timezone.
  • Email address to get in contact with you.

Applications will run until a suitable candidate is found. We look forward to seeing your submissions.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2013, 3:14 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: Spring 2013 Informer Applications
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2013, 6:43 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Scotland DIY
RS Status: Old School (2007)
Is there a list of previously covered topics somewhere?

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2013, 9:06 pm 
Community Ambassador

RS Name: Lord Rickles
The Informer part of the website is categorized, just click Runescape and it shows the last 5 articles. Then at the bottom right there's an archive where you can look at them all by month.

Though we don't really have a problem with people repeating topics. I worried about the same thing, but even if you were to repeat a recent topic, everyone's opinions are different. I would kind of like to hear what everyone else thinks on certain things in article format.

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2013, 10:28 pm 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Firemana
Clan Name: Problem Solvers
As Lord Rickles said, writers occasionally write on the same topic as a previous writer. One month a few years ago we even had two takes on one topic in the same month. If you have a different opinion on something go ahead.

Only thing I would warn is to make sure it doesn't sound like you're writing in reply to another writer. Make sure that the subject of yours is independent of the other's(they may be the same basis, just not linked). Know what I mean?

EDIT: Interesting RSOF Thread that might be worth discussing. Just a thought, don't need to mention it.

88th Dragon Member : Informer Writer : Content Crew : Chat Moderator ::
"If it ain't broke, dun fix it."