Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Informer #5!
PostPosted: November 1st, 2006, 3:18 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Brad7443
RS Status: P2P
Yup, the new informer issue is up for this month. As usual you can see it at
http://www.informer.rsbandb.com

A big thanks to the Newspaper staff for submitting their articles, promptly and on time, inspite of the server troubles.

- Brad

Co-host of RSBANDB!Update: 2006-2010
Biggest thorn in Shane's side: 2005-2010

Don't despair because it's over. Smile because it happened.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 1st, 2006, 3:18 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2006, 3:26 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Bogrollbloke
RS Status: Classic
Yay, it's up.

Congrats MOTV on the SOTM. A question on that: Where can I get my two trophies?

Anywho, this should keep me reading for a about an hour or so. Grats guys, good job.

Drop me a request on XBL, GamerTag is Barrett 1337

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2006, 4:51 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Sevith
Clan Name: RSBandB of course!
Another great job guys!

Hope we can do just as good next month :wink:

EDIT: I thought I wrote the Wallpapers guide :(

EDIT AGAIN: A preview from this month Ill be making my first comic called S.E.V funny. Thats all I'm telling you :wink:

Marty O' Donnell says Howdy :)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2006, 11:29 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Southrend
Nice Informer guys.

Bogrollbloke: I suggest you change the second easter egg into a pumpkin ;)

Proud RSB&B Member #570 since 12/27/04
Proud RSB&B Mod since 7/24/05

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2006, 1:09 am 
Dragon Member

My name is all one word, dammit! MasterOfTheVortex.

Nice articles from Crysala, and Alex 43, as usual. (Although Manya's stuff always is a little... odd.)

Shane, Konqueror passes the Acid2 test - you said only Opera and Safari do. This is mentioned on the acid2 website, on wikipedia, and I have verified it myself (i have a Fedora linux partition).

It was considerably better than September's and October's Informers, although, again, not perfect.

7870074 was gained much respect with me over the last month - he seems to be one of the few members who is intelligent on rsbandb. However yet again, his article was not particularly long, and while I accept you may have a social life, I do too, but I am now writing a essay a week for RSBandB (look in my sig), even though I have a job, archery, guitar/band practice, and a considerable amount of homework.

Again, the whole thing was not long enough. Shane, writing one tech article per month is not enough in my eyes. Maybe you ought to consider giving someone else an Informer job who can actually write another tech article. And the Informer as a whole only captured my interesting for about 15 minutes or so - this is a newspaper, I want to be interested for at least half an hour, if not more.

As I said last month, I still think you should make the former every two weeks, rather than every month. It does not take a month to write the content you have made. I have a feeling you all probably just wrote it in an hour or so then thought 'Yay, another three weeks in which I dont have to do anything.'

So, overall, good, but short.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2006, 1:56 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Brad7443
MasterOfTheVortex wrote:
Again, the whole thing was not long enough. Shane, writing one tech article per month is not enough in my eyes. Maybe you ought to consider giving someone else an Informer job who can actually write another tech article.

We've already got another tech writer in place.

Co-host of RSBANDB!Update: 2006-2010
Biggest thorn in Shane's side: 2005-2010

Don't despair because it's over. Smile because it happened.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2006, 1:56 am 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2006, 10:49 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Bogrollbloke
Southrend wrote:
Nice Informer guys.

Bogrollbloke: I suggest you change the second easter egg into a pumpkin ;)

Done. Thanks Southrend.

Drop me a request on XBL, GamerTag is Barrett 1337

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2006, 10:22 am 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
MasterOfTheVortex wrote:
My name is all one word, dammit! MasterOfTheVortex.

Nice articles from Crysala, and Alex 43, as usual. (Although Manya's stuff always is a little... odd.)

Shane, Konqueror passes the Acid2 test - you said only Opera and Safari do. This is mentioned on the acid2 website, on wikipedia, and I have verified it myself (i have a Fedora linux partition).

It was considerably better than September's and October's Informers, although, again, not perfect.

7870074 was gained much respect with me over the last month - he seems to be one of the few members who is intelligent on rsbandb. However yet again, his article was not particularly long, and while I accept you may have a social life, I do too, but I am now writing a essay a week for RSBandB (look in my sig), even though I have a job, archery, guitar/band practice, and a considerable amount of homework.

Again, the whole thing was not long enough. Shane, writing one tech article per month is not enough in my eyes. Maybe you ought to consider giving someone else an Informer job who can actually write another tech article. And the Informer as a whole only captured my interesting for about 15 minutes or so - this is a newspaper, I want to be interested for at least half an hour, if not more.

As I said last month, I still think you should make the former every two weeks, rather than every month. It does not take a month to write the content you have made. I have a feeling you all probably just wrote it in an hour or so then thought 'Yay, another three weeks in which I dont have to do anything.'

So, overall, good, but short.

And here's MasterOfTheVortex with once again some very thorough and well-appreciated (by some) feedback.

My suggestion to this is, that with Shane's permission, those who want to contribute to a bi or trimonthly Informer should be allowed too instead of typing their articles early and impatiently waiting for the Informer to appear so they can hear the comments on their silly ideas about blue dragons going on strike. I would think that the in-between newpapers would be smaller, with a larger one at the end of the month because not everyone might want to have to write an article once a week or 2 weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2006, 1:38 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Kangas Khan
Clan Name: MaSoRs
Personally, I only skim through each month's newspaper to see if anything catches my interest. So far, only Shane's "how to build a gaming computer" article a month or so ago caught my eye. I'd like to see something other than runescape prices, what the runescape updates were and varied tech articles, because for the first two, we pretty much know them anyway.

Have something funny or sparkly next month, please? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2006, 1:56 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Panda200x
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: Stormbrazer
I'm sure that is being catered for :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2006, 5:31 pm 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
Anubis wrote:
Personally, I only skim through each month's newspaper to see if anything catches my interest. So far, only Shane's "how to build a gaming computer" article a month or so ago caught my eye. I'd like to see something other than runescape prices, what the runescape updates were and varied tech articles, because for the first two, we pretty much know them anyway.

Heh, you obviously haven't read my articles yet. Manya's Meyhem is all about humor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 7th, 2006, 9:08 pm 
Runite Member

Location: Surrounded by old people in the state of Florida. us
RS Name: P00n3d 4ever
Very good read, i enjoyed it.

Kartik24 wrote:
wat is applesauce member and how did u get it
[/center]

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 30th, 2006, 1:52 am 
Dragon Member

Anubis wrote:

I'm going to agree with Anubis here. Crysala's article was the only one I bothered reading in full this month. Mainly due to the sarcasm injection it delivered XD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 1st, 2006, 1:13 pm 
Chat Moderator

Agent Waffles wrote:
Anubis wrote:

I'm going to agree with Anubis here. Crysala's article was the only one I bothered reading in full this month. Mainly due to the sarcasm injection it delivered XD.

You guys make me sad. Very sad. I've been called "boring" before, but not like this.

That's it, the gloves are coming off. Come January, I'm gonna turn your idea of the Runescape world upside down!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » RSBandB » RSBANDBInformer! » Informer #5! Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]