Post subject: God Wars Dungeon - Graardor : The Bandos Boss
PostPosted: March 18th, 2008, 2:51 pm 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
Hey everyone!

With Rsbandb doing some Graardor killing, there should be somewhere that players could go to check what to wear..Oh wait! That's this forum, and more specifically this thread.

Stats: Though there is no theoretical min (or max, obviously) for stats, here's a rough estimation of what you'll need if you don't want to be creamed.

70+ Attack, 70+ Strength, 70+ Defence, 80+ HP (60 is the maximum hit with meele from the boss, who can also hit in the 30's with range), 43+ Prayer (higher is a near must, unless you really want to go through that many potions. Though these stats are recommended, you DO need 70+ strength to open the door to get into the Bandos area. If you do not have 70 strength, don't read any further (at least for now).

Godsword Equipment:

Whip/Shield Equipment:

Inventory (no Bandos equipment on)

If you are wearing something bandos related, you do not need the mace. Also, if you are wearing a skillcape, you'll need something Zamorakian to wear (I'd recommend an Unholy symbol) unless you want to get creamed by the Zamorak minions while getting kill count, or waiting outside of the door Graardor. If you chose not to wear a skillcape (for any reason) I'd recommend either wearing Blessed Red Dragonhide, an Unholy Symbol, or a Zamorak Cape.

The inventories that I have shown are not necessarily what you have to bring, but they are what I bring to smaller slaughterings with other groups. With larger groups (such as clans, or the events through Rsbandb) you won't need nearly as many Saradomin brews, and in turn you will not need as many super restore potions. Instead, you may swap these with Shark (or equivalent) and Prayer Potions.

Some may ask why my inventories do not have any law/fire runes to teleport to Trollheim. Well, the answer is quite simple. I teleport to Trollheim and drop two items (food/potions) then use a glory to teleport to Edgeville bank. I pick up 3 items from my bank, deposit my glory, then teleport back to Trollheim and loot my two dropped items. This method saves you two inventory spaces. (The alternative requires you to get to Trollheim by walking and using Climbing Boots, though this is highly not recommended.)**NOTE** The rest of this guide is assuming you have visited the Godwars Dungeon at one point or another. If you have not visited yet, I'd recommend bringing a rope to the dungeon entrance before you would like to enter. This will save you an inventory space, and some time.**)

Once you are at Trollheim, follow the general route outlined in blue. This will lead you off of the mountain.

Continue north on this path, past the trolls throwing rocks (pray Range while passing them)

You should soon come to a boulder, and crevice. Pick a way and go through. Once you are through, pray meele and head north to the "!" on the map (dungeon) and climb down the rope.

When you climb down the rope, you should be here. Go north, and kill Goblins for kill count. (you'll need 40 kill count to enter the Boss Chamber)

When you have killed 40 of Bandos' followers, you'll have 40 kill count

Proceed to the door located north west of the goblins.
This is the door that you must have the hammer for. The hammer will allow you access to the room beyond the door. If you have forgotten your hammer, you should probably not continue reading this guide [-X

Upon gaining entry to the room, head north east, and wait outside of this door for your team. DO NOT ENTER until you are told to do so.

The Fight -

Obviously, if you've gotten this far you'd like to go in to that wonderful room with the General, but there are several things you ought to know before doing so.

1. Pray 'Protect from Missles' (aka, protect from range attacks). If you are not the one being meeled, you'll need this on unless you enjoy being decimated by the Boss' attacks.

2. If you are being meeled (boss follows you, and protect from range isn't doing anything to help) you'll want to pray 'Protect from Meele" (else you can get hit a 60)

3. When you are fighting, try to spread out. The further you are spread out, the further the one meele minion will have to move to attack, resulting in less meele attacks on your team.

4. Pay no attention to the minions until the General is dead, as they respawn as soon as they die if the boss is currently alive.

5. Like most battles, watch your HP and prayer. Take appropriate actions to keep them at a desirable level, while still attacking the General as much as possible. A rule of thumb is 3 Saradomin Brew doses before you'll need to use a Super Restore. This is assuming you're just healing a little - if you need to eat massive amounts of food due to a wholehearted beating, don't worry about restoring your stats; just eat.

When the General is dead, take off your prayer if you are not being attacked by the minions. No need wasting this. Then, proceed to finish off the minions.

(Last little note - The alter can only be used once per ~10 minutes while you are not being attacked. Use this wisely.)

Congratulations, you have killed the Bandos Boss!

If you're ready to leave, use your teletab, or other teleportation method. If you must, you can right click on the alter and select "teleport". This will put you back into the room that comes before the Boss Room. If you plan on doing this, make sure you have your Bandos and Zamorak item equiped.

Thanks for reading, and happy hunting!

This is Copyright Silverwiz9, Pfkninenines - For Rsbandb use ONLY!

*Edit* - Added estimate of Stat requirements

Last edited by Pfkninenines on March 18th, 2008, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 18th, 2008, 2:51 pm 

Post subject: Re: God Wars Dungeon - Graardor : The Bandos Boss
PostPosted: March 18th, 2008, 3:00 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Limpin
Wow, excelent guide! If I would've known this, I would've done this ages ago.

Great job, Pfkninenines.

PostPosted: March 18th, 2008, 3:03 pm 

Steven wrote:
Wow, excelent guide! If I would've known this, I would've done this ages ago.

Great job, Pfkninenines.

Thanks :D Figured we should have a guide (didn't want Warren dragging that Zybez crap in here :wink:) so we would be able to pull off the related events smoothly.

Best of luck if you go :)

PostPosted: March 18th, 2008, 3:25 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: matrixmage22
Clan Name: T.F.A
Very good guide loved the pics. Should come in very handy soon =D It would be quite good if you said something about what skills you require as well.

PostPosted: March 18th, 2008, 5:35 pm 

skillpure100 wrote:
Very good guide loved the pics. Should come in very handy soon =D It would be quite good if you said something about what skills you require as well.

Thanks, and general stat requirements added.

PostPosted: March 18th, 2008, 5:50 pm 
Iron Member

RS Name: mokey121
Clan Name: none
yeah way to make a guideeeeeeeee and phayl at somethings but i still love u silver =DD
But you are right on most of it and yeah this is probly the best guide out there, i wish i wasnt lazy =D

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 18th, 2008, 5:50 pm 
Iron Member

PostPosted: March 18th, 2008, 6:03 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
Steven and Mokey, to draw your attention to the Forum Rules box at the top:

Quote:
Forum rules

Do not post on topics unless you have something to add that the author did not mention.
Do NOT post jpeg images. PNGs are recommended, GIF should only be used if animated.
All submissions become property of RSBANDB with the ability for us to use them on our site.

The first point being the key one. ;)

PostPosted: March 18th, 2008, 7:27 pm 
Iron Member

RS Name: mokey121
Clan Name: none
ok fine instead of going to the left where silver did on the mountain go to the right and theres 3 rocks u climb down in a row and u turn left and run into where the ice place is... its faster k

PostPosted: June 11th, 2009, 2:37 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Callmeandy
Why did you have both zamorak cape & book? :P
Great guide too btw.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2011, 8:02 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Hobbit Shado
RS Status: F2P
Sorry for reopening an old topic, but a friend referred me here...
Could you repost the pictures for this? most of them have disappeared

PostPosted: December 14th, 2013, 4:02 am 
BANNED

RS Name: samra
RS Status: Classic
I've heard many comments, especially in this forum, where people have said they don't know how to bump their topic.

Remember that posting "bump" will result in an official warning after repeated use. Now that there is a sticky on the matter, there isn't any excuse!

You can bump a topic ONLY if it hasn't had a post within the last 48 hours, and ONLY if you have created the topic.