Post subject: Mage Training Arena Guide
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 3:51 am 
CURRENT GUIDE STATUS

Reading through looking for grammar errors.
Waiting on info needed.
Waiting on feedback

Hi all! Some of you may think this new mage training area is the best thing to ever happen to Runescape. But do not know how to go about or where about to begin.

So this guide is has very help-full *and detailed* information for the new mage training spot

First off the Required Magic Levels for each place.
*Going by recommended spells to use for maximum exp and less magic rune usage*

Going by.
Arena Name - Best Spell to use - Magic level for that spell

Telekinetic Theater - Telekinetic Grab - 33 Magic

Enchantment Chamber - Enchant Level - 4 Jewelry - 57 Magic

Alchemists Playground - High level Alchemy - 55 Magic

Creature Graveyard - Bones to Banana's or Bones to Peaches - 15 Magic - 60 Magic

How to start playing in the arena's

First off you need to know where is the mage arena training ground's are located at. Which is right inside and behind the duel arenas waiting/medic rooms

Then enter through the door atop the Grey stairs

And Talk to the Entrance Guardian

*NOTE* He wonders around the front main area inside just to let you know

Next ask him everything you can ask him about this place to get your progress hat

Congrats!! You can now begin using the mage training arena

The Four Portals

Here is a image of the portal's and where they will take you to.

Color Code + Portal's
ImageImage

Equipment to use for each arena

I am going to take it as if you are going to work on one arena at a time until you have the desired amount of points in that specific arena

*NOTE* I used one rune for each picture to show what runes are needed not how many will be needed. You can have as many amount of runes you want for the desired amount of casts

Tele-Grab Theater

*Have air staff equipped*

Alchemy Playground

*Have fire staff equipped*

Enchanters Chamber

*Have earth staff equipped*

Creature Graveyard

*Use one Staff with till either the water or earth runes run out then switch to the next staff and repeat*

Last edited by Senliten on January 5th, 2006, 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 3:51 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 3:53 am 
The Walk-through

Telekinetic Theater Walk-through

First off how this mini game works

Upon Entering the Arena for the theater you will notice a random enclosed maze with a statue inside the maze

Your Job if you choose to accept it, is to get the statue inside the maze to the little gray square in the maze as well.

Here is a color code for those who don't understand where to go on the outside of the map. going from top Red being first pull spot to the last bottom color being whatever number.

Maps of the maze(s) + Map walk-through w/ color code

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Rewards

After every puzzle you will get 2 pizazz points
After ever FIVE puzzles you complete you get a bonus of 8 pizazz points + Extra magic experience

( So far have only encountered 6 Mazes at random but if more show up I will post them here )

Last edited by Senliten on January 5th, 2006, 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 3:54 am 
Alchemists Playground

Upon entering the playground you will notice some cylinder type cubby-holes that you can search

A few on the left side

And a few on the right side

Upon searching the cubby-hole you will either find these items

Leather Boots
Adamant Helmet
Adamant Kite-shield
Rune Long
Emerald

Sometimes you may find that the cubby-hole is empty. In which case you go to a different one and hope for finding an item.

Now you have an item or two but you still don't know what to do with em and are wondering what this thing on the screen means as well

That is the price indicator and it will tell you how much the item will go for if you use high or low level alchemy.

So you now know what the indicator is for but what is the green arrow pointing to one of the items for?

To simply put it. If you alch that specific item that has the green arrow pointing to the items name. You will not lose any of your runes that were used to cast the alchemy spell.

Now I have all the coins I want. Where do i put them at?

You put them in the deposit box right in the back of the room

Here is a image of what I mean

The Rewards

For the number of coins you deposit into the deposit box in the alchemy playground will round DOWNWARDS to the nearest 100Th

*EXAMPLE* If you deposit 1099 coins you will get 10 pizazz points, due to it rounded down to nearest 100Th which will be 1000 coins to equal 10 points.

Magic Experience is double the amount of coins you deposit

*EXAMPLE* Put 2500 coins into the deposit box. And you will get 5000 exp points

Last edited by Senliten on January 5th, 2006, 1:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 3:56 am 
Enchanter Chambers

Upon entering the room you will notice there are four corners with different types of figured blocks.

North-East Corner

North-West Corner

South-East Corner

South-West Corner

Now here are what the blocks look like in your inventory

Now the object here is to enchant the block type that corresponds to the current bonus block in the bottom right side portion of the screen of view to get points

Here are the images of what the bonus blocks will be like

Blue

Yellow

Red

Green

Now you have a inventory of what look like orb's and don't know what to do with them

Simply go to the center of the room where a small hole is at and click on the hole to put all the orbs in there

The Rewards

Rewards can be from either 1-6 death or blood runes a extra bit of magic experience bonus

( i so far have only gotten blood and death runes with magic exp as a reward. If someone can clarify any other type of reward please post here or PM me on the forum PM )

( If anyone can also let me know what the dragon stones that appear on the ground are for let me know as well so i can put into the guide )

Some info thanks to "Feel My Scim" of the RSC forums

Quote:
Finally, for the enchanting one, you suggest an earth staff and cosmics. You should mention something about using another spell other than enchant level 4 if they can't or if they have a lava staff/mud staff and can use enchant level 6/enchant level 5 respectively, they should use those instead as it's better magic experience

Last edited by Senliten on January 5th, 2006, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 4:01 am 
Creature Graveyard

Here you will try to survive as you keep yourself alive and feeding the undead

First off you will want to find a few sets of bones

*NOTE* There are many different sets in each corner*

( Need to know if the bones in each corner randomly change along with the bone pizazz point marker )

Here are the different types of bones and how many points they will convert to.

*NOTE* At this time I do not know if the number by the bones indicate how many banana's/peach's you will get. Or if it is the amount of points you will get for each convert per bone. Also if the marker changes as well please let me know so i can put in the guide as well

Now that you have a god amount of food and are still good on your own health points. It is now time to feed the dead. Simply by putting the food in something that will look like this.

*NOTE* There is more than just one of these so use closest one to you.
*NOTE* If you die in the creature graveyard you will NOT lose your items, but simply lose 10 pizazz points.

The Rewards

At this time I do not know what the rewards are. If someone can let me know by PM or post here so I can edit the post. Thank you

Some advice thanks to "Feel My Scim" of the RSC forums

Quote:
Graveyard:
Bring about 14 sharks, about 100 natures and a mud staff or corresponding amounts of earth/water. I suggest a water staff and earth runes, because they're easier to get. Go to one of the bone spots near one of the food deposits and start getting bones. You should be able to do quick maths so you pick up the right or just over the right amount of bones. Use bones to bananas/bones to peaches. Deposit food, and repeat. When your health falls enough, eat a shark or two. Continue until you're out of sharks, and on low health (around 10hp or less). Then exit the place and bank at the duel arena. You can replenish hit-points with less expensive food, and then repeat the entire process.
I did this on my pure (68 hit-points) and managed to get 50 points in about 15 minutes before having to run away.
You can use lobsters instead of sharks, only you won't last as long.

Last edited by Senliten on January 5th, 2006, 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 4:05 am 
Time to go Shopping

OK now you have allot of pizazz point's and now you want to spend them all.

Then you will go up these stair's located at the entrance.

And walk a bit into the room and you will find a Guardian who sells items

*NOTE* For the wands that say upgrade by then I am thinking you need to buy the wands in order or can buy the first one (Apprentice) and can go to the best one (Master). But if anyone can confirm either or of these two theory's let me know

PRICE LIST

*NOTES* Thanks to "Feel My Scim"

You need 50 Magic and 25 Defense which is CONFIRMED to wear any of the Infinity Armor

Wand Statsthanks to Triforce of the RSC forums

Beginner Wand:

Attack bonus:
Stab: +0
Slash: +0
Crush: +0
Magic: +5
Range: +0

Defense bonus:
Magic: +5

Other bonuses:
Strength: +0
Prayer: +0

Apprentice Wand:

Attack bonus:
Magic: +10

Defense bonus:
Magic: +10

Other bonuses:
Strength: +0
Prayer: +0

And there you have it. If you have any questions, comments or want to submit some missing info and/or needed info. You can PM me here or email me with the email button under my posts.

And also if anyone wants to post this guide on any-other forums. I wish for you to PM me asking for my Consent. Cause I really don't want to see this hard work and more hard work to come be used under false copyright.

Thank you.

P.S. This is the same person who posted the guide on RSC. I am not trying to start a flame war by saying this just I think my guide feels good enough to post on the forums I'm subscribed to. Please do not flame this post but if you have a problem with me posting a guide a just finished up on for the RSC forums. Then pm me with a valid reason why.

Special Thanks

Feel My Scim - For Extra info and strategy's ( from RSC forums)
Triforce - For the First two wand stats (from RSC forums)
Trekkie - For the info about dieing

Last edited by Senliten on January 5th, 2006, 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 4:05 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 11:13 am 

RS Name: j1j2j3
RS Status: P2P
the spot where you pick up the bones will change. while i was there the spots were constantly changing, but the number of bananas for the bones at the bottom right remains the same.

so i did some timing for the enchanting one, it takes about 24 seconds before they change to another bonus. so my advice is try to time yourself wait enchant as mych as you can in 20 seconds then the other 4 is to go to the next spot. i'll check the timing later when i go back

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 12:08 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Lisaz
RS Status: F2P
nice guide ppl :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 1:30 pm 
Who's the people? I actually did all of that guide on the day of the update into the early morning hours of today.

Only missed some minor detail's which "Feel My Scim" and "Triforce" gladly gave input into.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 1:42 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
o and if you die in the graveyard, you don't lose any items but you do lose 10 graveyard points

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 4:29 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: A I C S
yay now i know what to do! 80 mage here i come

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 4:35 pm 
Runite Member

RS Status: Classic
Clan Name: ddd
Quote:
( So far have only encountered 6 Mazes at random but if more show up I will post them here )

I found 10 mazes. I made a thread, as well. Feel free to take from my thread, as it only focusses on the telekinetic maze place. Just be sure to credit me. I didn't do very good mapping on most my maps, but at least you'd have a place-holder until you can get the rest of the maps yourself.

Also, you don't have to stand directly across from the statue. As long as you are on the side of the way you want it to go, it'll move that way. So I'm not exactly sure what use the dots are on the map.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 5:23 pm 
I put the dots on the map to represent the the places where I stood to move the statue. There is a color code for each one showing the order going downwards

That idea I decided to put in for those who don't fully understand where what part of the line was going to and where to stand for it to move.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 5th, 2006, 6:28 pm 
Runite Member

RS Status: Classic
Clan Name: ddd
Yeah, but wouldn't it actually take longer to go stand on the 'dot' each time? Why not just color code it by sides? That'd probably be an easier way for the reader to find where to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 24th, 2006, 5:08 pm 
OK at the moment my life is not going to decent and have little time to play runescape for a few. Sorry if i have not put this guide to its best extent. But i am slowly going to get it back up and going. to be honest i am taking GED classes which is putting me at a threshold at the moment to make ruff decisions.... so basically I'm trying to do a load of things all the week and Friday seems to be my only break off to also get the requirements to stay in Black Dragon's. I will keep this updated tho and will get it up to date asap.