Post subject: The Eyes of Glouphrie
PostPosted: August 15th, 2006, 12:20 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: burnintrees
RS Status: P2P
To begin this quest you need to speak to Brimstail who is in a cave west of the spirit tree in the Stronghold. Brimstail agrees to tell you about his knowledge of magic if you help him. He tells you to go look around in the room nextdoor.

Walk west through the cave and over to a hole in the ground. Inspect the singing bowl and go north and click on both parts of the machine(exchanger and machine)then go talk to Brimstail again.

Brimstail tells you to go talk to Hazelmere, which you DO NOT need any items to talk to Hazelmere. You just need level 46 magic to decifer what he says.

Hazelmere is located east of Yanille on a penninsula, up a ladder in his house. Speak to him and he will perform magic on you so that you can mind talk with him. Hazelmere tells you some stories and you see some cutscenes, after this is all done, Hazelmere will give you a disc. Return to Brimstail.

Speak with Brimstail to find out an invisible intruder has smashed up the machine! You need level 5 construction, a mud rune, a pestal and mortor, a saw, a hammer, maple logs, oak logs, and a bucket of sap. Use a pestal and mortor on the mud rune and then use it with the bucket of sap. Then click repair the machine.

Now you have reached the hardest part of the quest. You need to unlock the machine. The Machine Panel to the west of the machine will show you some colored blocks. The formula to unlock the machine is as follows: Number of blocks times sides on the same color shape equals a number. The number you get can be used to unlock the machine. For example if the number you have is the number 6 you will need an orange triangle because 3 times 2 is 6(3 sides times 2 blocks). There will be 4 numbers to unlock, so be ready to use your mind to decifer them! Here are the ones I got..

3 - red triangle
32 - blue pentagon, violet circle
46 - orange triangle, blue square x2

To get different shapes you need to click on the exchanger. Put in one shape at a time and up to 3 shapes. Then click on the arrow to the right of left to get new shapes you can exchange your current ones for. An example is a green square and a yellow triangle can be exchanged for a violet triangle and a green circle. I do not know if there is a special formula for this also, so if anyone could tell me to add it, thanks.

After you unlock the machine you find out that the "cute" creatures are actually evil spies! You must kill them all. Here are where they all are...

They are in the GENERAL AREA of where I took the pictures.

After you have killed all of them, you must speak to the King. After you are done speaking with him he gives you a small crystal seed. Congrats, quest complete.

Once you complete the quest, go talk to Brimstail again. He tells you to check out the singing bowl in the other room, they might be related. Walk across the newly made bridge and click sing glass. a small scence happens and the seed turns into a crystal saw. The saw is rumored to add 3 construction levels while in your house...

NEED FEEDBACK!! BTW this guide IS complete. down to every last thing you need to do. If anything is unclear PLEASE tell me.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 15th, 2006, 12:20 pm 
Adamantite Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 15th, 2006, 12:49 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Gotekn
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: TKC, The Kindred Clan
Great Guide but southrend beat you to it. But yours has a lot more detail and I give it two thumbs up.

~Gotekn~

a recent study showed that 92% percent of all teenagers converted to emo/puck etc. put this in ur profile if ur one of the 8% who stayed gangsterr
I post in cyan cause I'm good like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 15th, 2006, 7:30 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Teh Wabbit1
RS Status: Classic
Clan Name: None
Great guide i liked it has alot of good detail.

68th Dragon member as of November 02, 2007 11:08 PM

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 15th, 2006, 7:40 pm 
Adamantite Member

Thanks 8) .

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 3:04 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: tomman1111
Clan Name: The Chaos Fist
southrend should use some of your pictures in the guide, although if youre taking pctures surely it would be easier to simply hide private chat instead of blanking it out?

The Chaos Fist

[url=http:http://forums.rsbandb.com/viewtopic.php?t=36084]Round-Robin; war of the worlds part three- the revenge of zaros[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 7:26 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Gotekn
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: TKC, The Kindred Clan
mebbe you and south could work together makin 1 huge guide. and both take credit.

~Gotekn~

a recent study showed that 92% percent of all teenagers converted to emo/puck etc. put this in ur profile if ur one of the 8% who stayed gangsterr
I post in cyan cause I'm good like that.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 7:26 am 
Adamantite Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 9:07 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: A I C S
as a suggestion, good guide, but i find the blacking out of the private chat very annoying to look at, you need to either hide it or cleanly erase it, i dont like the airbrush look on it, but hey, this isnt art class! Crystal saw ftw!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 16th, 2006, 5:55 pm 
Adamantite Member

Thanks. If someone wants to refer Southrend to this I can ask him if he wants to combine and both take creidt....I'm willing to.