Post subject: Desert Treasure Guide
PostPosted: October 18th, 2005, 4:01 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Brad7443
RS Status: P2P
I know there is already a guide on this quest, but i was asked to make one so i did
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Required Skills : Level 10 Slayer, 50 Magic, 50 Firemaking, 53 Thieving. Ability to Kill very
Challenging monsters over level 150.

Items Needed: A lot of Shanty Passes, (can be purchased from Shanty in the Shanty pass)
Waterskins, and possibly a knife to refill them, 12 Magic Logs, 6 Molten Glass, 6 Steel bars
1 Ashes, 1 Blood Rune, 1 Normal Bones, 1 cake, 1 silver bar, 1 Garlic, 1 pestle and mortar
1 Spiked boots, 650 gp, 1 Spices, a lot of Lockpicks, Anti-poison potions, Ice gloves,
1 Fire staff, 1 Tinderbox, 1 Face mask, weapon, armour, prayer potions, super potions,
stat restore potions, and plenty Sharks

Required Quests: Digsite Quest, The Tourist Trap, Temple of Ikov, Priest in Peril,
Waterfall Quest, Troll Stronghold.

1.You start the quest by talking to the Archaeologist south west of the shanty pass, in the
Bedabin camp, he will tell you he has found an ancient stone tablet and he wants you to take
it to the digsite for examination.

2. Take the Tablet to the Digsite and talk to one of the archeology experts, he'll turn into
"Terry Blando" talk to him a second time and he will give you a book.

3. Go back to the Archaeologist, and show him the book, he will offer you 50% of the treasure
if you help him, agree, he asks you to check around the bandit camp south of him, head there
next

4. Don't wear any Saradomin or Zamorak items inside the Bandit Camp or you will get attacked,
head to the bar and buy a beer for 650gp, then ask about the barman about the 4 Diamonds,
you must buy a beer or he will not divulge the information.

5. Next go across the road from the bar and talk to Eblis, ask him about "The 4 Diamonds of
Azzanadra" he will ask you to fetch him, 12 magic logs, 6 steel bars and 6 molten glass
ashes, charcoal, 1 blood rune and regular bones.

6. Once you have all these items take them back and use them all on him (this can be done using
notes) he will then ask you to meet him in the east, head east out of the bandit camp until you
come to 6 mirrors.

7.Talk to Eblis who is also at these mirrors, he will tell you the mirrors
show the location of the diamonds, but there are 4 diamonds, and 6 mirrors.

North mirror: The ice gate you see when doing "Troll romance"
North east mirror: The Center of Canifis
North west mirror: Picnic area, near moss giants, North of Ardounge
South west: Bandit camp in the desert
South East: In the desert down a well, Near Pollivneach
South: The pyramids

The Diamonds can be Obtained in any order, i am just writing this in the order i got them.

The Ice Diamond

Items Needed: Chocolate Cake, Spiked Boots, Super Restore Potions,Prayer potions, Good Food, Trollheim
Teleport Runes, or Climbing Boots if you have not done Edgars ruse quest and cannot teleport to Trollheim.

1. Head to the Ice Gate north of Trollheim, use your chocolate cake on the Troll Child just by the ice
gate and he will tell you how the "bad man" froze his parents for stealing his diamond, he says if you
rescue his parents you can keep the diamond.

2. Go through the Gate, you will then have to kill 5 Ice trolls, before you can move on, be careful
all of your stats will be drained so super restores are a must, have at least 5, (4) dose.

3. When you have killed the 5 ice trolls, move on following the path, past the ice wolves, and to a clearing, where you will be attacked by Kamil (lvl 154) he will using freezing spells every few seconds, and you can not attack for a few seconds after he freezes you so use this time to eat and take in pots, he is very weak to fire spells.

4. After you have defeated him, move on still following the path, then it will change to ice and you will need spiked boots to pass it, keep following it around, occasionally you will fall over and be hit for 2 damage, but that shouldn't be problem.

5. You will then have to pass through a second ice gate, and will then reach two ice blocks, smash both of the trolls out of them and they will give you the diamond.

And the Fruits of your Labour:

The Smoke Diamond

Items needed: Tinderbox, Face Mask (purchased from any slayer master for 200gp) Good Food,
Prayer potions, Energy potions and Ice Gloves (without them you won't be able to wield any
weapons when fighting Fareed)

1. Just west from Pollivneach there is a well, make sure you put on your face mask before
you go down it or you will die very quickly.

2. Go to the centre of the cave and try to open the chest, it will say "light the path to
claim the key, this means you have to light the standing torchers in the 4 corners of the cave. They will
go out after a while, so you have to light them all quickly.

3. Once you have lit all 4 of the torches, go back to the chest and open it again, this time
you will get a warm key, now go to the gate you ran past earlier, in the eastern part of the
cave and use your warm Key with it.

4. You will go into a room and be faced with Fareed, He is probably the easiest of all the monsters
you will face. He is weak too water spells, When you kill him you will get the Smoke Diamond.

2 Down 2 to go.

The Shadow Diamond

1. Talk to the wandering merchant "Rasolo" who is just north west of the moss giants, and west
of the Fishing Guild

2. He'll say he knows a lot about the Demon that has the diamond, and that you need a ring to be able
to see him, and the entrance to his lair, he will give it to you, if you fetch his cross that was
stolen by a bandit.

3. The chest with the cross is in the bandit camp, where you spoke to Eblis earlier, it is in the most
southerly part, and requires a lockpick to open, but the failure rate is high, so take alot of lockpicks,
you can either thieves these from bandits or buy from Martin Thwait in the Rogues Den.

4. When you have the cross take it back to Rasolo and he will give you a ring of visibillity, put it on
and you will see a ladder in the picnic area just east of him, go down it and you wil be in Damis's Lair.

5. Damis is in a clearing in the very east of the cavern, you must go through a maze of tunnels to reach him
this is easily navigated by clicking on the mini map .

6. When you reach the Main Clearing, He will appear, Damis comes in two forms the first is level 103 and shouldn't
be much trouble, the second form drains prayer very fast, and is also in a multi combat zone
with a lot of aggressive skeletions who add to the difficulty, the two easiest ways would be to mage him, or to melee him with melee you will need alot of prayer pots (4), about 15 plus at 95 + combat and around 20 under that, a superset would also help, or you can mage him, walk back into the tunnel and he will follow then you can simply, entangle, and attack him safely from a distance.

When you kill him, he drops the Shadow Diamond, pick it up and tele out.

Almost there.

The Blood Diamond

Items Needed: Spices, Garlic, Silver Bar, Food and Prayer potions.

1. Go to Canifis, and when you walk past the pub a cut scene will start with Malak the Vampire, he will tell you if you kill Dessous, then you will get the diamond you need, he will also say to kill him, you need a sliver bar, spices, and Garlic,

2. Take the bar to Ruantun in the Draynor Sewers, and he will make a pot out of it for you,

3.Then have to have it blessed by the head Monk on Entrana, remove all weapons and armour and take the pot
and it will be blessed for you.

4. Then take the blessed pot to malak, and ask him for blood, he will hit you for 5 damage, so its your blood in the pot,
then use a pestle and mortar on the garlic to crush it, and add it to the pot along with the spice.

5. Go through the basement of Canafis Pub, (or if you have not done "in search of the Myreque just go through the swamp the normal way Dessous is in the far south east) after you come out of the Tunnel leading from the pub cross the bridge to the south, then go east
to the graveyard.

6, Pour the blood on the vampire tomb, but when he appears run out of the graveyard, he will teleport to where you are, and will not attack so you can kill him easily, this may be classed by Jagex as a bug, and may be fixed, if it does not work for you please submit this.

7. When you kill him, he will not drop the diamond, go back to Malak in Canafis, and he will give you the Blood Diamond.

Congratulations, you have all the Diamonds! But it's not over just yet...

The Pyramid

Items needed: All 4 Gems, Food, Anti poison pots

1. When you have all 4 gems, go back and speak to Eblis by the mirrors.

2. He will tell you to place the Diamonds in the Pyramid and then go and free his lord, who is inside the pyramid. The
Pyramid is just south of the mirrors.

3. Put all the diamonds in the various obelisks, each obelisk belongs to a certain Diamond

4. Once all 4 Diamonds are in place, go up the main steps and enter the pyramid.

5. You will have to go through 4 floors in the pyramid, and will face, Mummies (level 103) and Scarabs (level 92)
the mummies hit very hard, and the scarabs poison, so take food and anti poison pots, and watch out
also there will be randomly place pitfalls that when you fall into them, you will be taken outside the pyramid,
and will have to start all over again. The monsters get more and more constant the lower you get in the pyramid.

6. when you get to the end of the 4th floor maze, you will come to a doorway, open it, and talk to Azzandra,
the ghost inside, after a little talk with him:

Co-host of RSBANDB!Update: 2006-2010
Biggest thorn in Shane's side: 2005-2010

Don't despair because it's over. Smile because it happened.

Last edited by Brad on June 5th, 2007, 8:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 18th, 2005, 4:01 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2005, 7:10 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Gontcha
Clan Name: Pork Forces, gtfo MM!!
wow....speachless =D> this is one of the best guides i've seen, good work but you till have some spelling mistakes like:
Quote:
The Blood Diamond

1. Go to Canafis,

anyways, goodwork

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2005, 7:14 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Enkidutorix
Clan Name: Damage Incorporated
Awsome job Brad (y) 8)

RsbandB member #189

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2005, 12:01 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Lisaz
RS Status: F2P
very nice guide.. congrats but some pictures dont work :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2005, 12:47 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: thief121212
Great guide!

If I didn't already complete this quest I would totally use this guide.

Also, for the Shadow Diamond boss, whatshisname, I found another good strategy. The area where he comes out to is a multicombat area, but if you lure him out into the maze, it'll become a single combat area, meaning you won't have those annoying skeletons. I found it very helpful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 1st, 2006, 4:32 pm 
yep, this is a really good quest help....... but the hardest part of this quest is like the ice one...

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 1st, 2006, 4:32 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 4th, 2006, 7:26 pm 
Runite Member

RS Status: Classic
gontcha wrote:
wow....speachless =D> this is one of the best guides i've seen, good work but you till have some spelling mistakes like:
Quote:
The Blood Diamond

1. Go to Canafis,

anyways, goodwork

NOT A BIG DEAL
and the thing with the blood diamond didnt work for me (good thing i had life ring on)
and i went back and i thought that he would only use mage on me if i atted him through fence but he kept telying through the fence

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2006, 4:57 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Canard
Quote:
but when he appears run out of the graveyard, he will teleport to where you are, and will not attack so you can kill him easily, this may be classed by Jagex as a bug, and may be fixed, if it does not work for you please submit this.

Yep, like bigal said, they fixed this glitch. :P Just tried it and nearly died. Though, that's mostly my fault because I didn't bring cooked food. :oops:

- Poison333

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2006, 9:33 pm 
Dragon Member

Did you bring along uncooked stuff? And they changed Rasool to Rasolo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 20th, 2006, 1:22 pm 
another stategy for damis is to go to the north of the cave go behind the torch every few seconds turn on protect from mele jump out dds spec if u can and run bak in repeat untillu r out of spec and jump out with scimmy att twice or so run bak in drink p pot and eat when needed

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2006, 9:26 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: chaos x x pk
Clan Name: None - Looking
Wow very nice guide! i am planning on doing desert treasure very soon so i will use this guide, looks very helpfull and easy to understand :D

ImageImage
~ | ~ | ~ |Chaos X X Pk | ~ | ~ | ~
Thanks to Samuel for the sig.