Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: RSBANDBUpdate! 921 - Dukely Deeds
PostPosted: February 10th, 2023, 4:03 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
Fort Forinthry begins next week with New Foundations. It will bring new Construction training methods and training hubs. It's also been 10 years since the Old School RuneScape poll and we look back on the impact it's had on RuneScape as a whole.

Download Now
Direct Download - 64 Kbit MP3 (Full Show Notes)

Join us in-game at Friends' Chat: BitsBytes, Follow us on Twitter @rsbandb, Join our Discord: rsbandb.com/discord

A Special Thanks to Our Patreon Supporters

• Alfie S
  • AmosReed
  • Andrew C
  • Arvīds L
  • Beekeeper Steve
  • Big Huge Rat
  • Briflex
  • Chunkthemunk
  • CykhalRS
  • DramaFreee
  • Durhamax
  • Enrique V
  • Free Milk
  • Jacob G
  • Jade Gizmo
  • Jason S
  • Jebus
  • Jesse W
  • Kesky
  • Ling_01
  • Mohan V
  • N8 the grr8
  • Nick g
  • Pyrnassius RS
  • Ricky A
  • RS Nerd Herd
  • Samuel F L
  • Scott D S
  • ShirtPants
  • Stobbeve
  • The Naked Captain
  • TheDabbnGoat
  • Tim
  • Tom V
  • Zant
  • Zazacon
Hosts: Shane, Tanis, and Cireon
Duration: 2:03:49

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 10th, 2023, 4:03 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 921 - Dukely Deeds
PostPosted: February 13th, 2023, 1:56 am 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Jaesong
RS Status: Old School (2007)
I happened to come across this podcast again and after listening to this episode I had to re-activate my account and make a comment. I have been an Old School player since release and hearing your guys perspective as RS3 players on it is definitely fascinating. You mentioned asking if people would be interested in hearing about your journey getting a quest cape in OSRS. I can definitely say I would love to hear about your experience. I can't lie, when I recently re-discovered this site and saw that it still exists and the podcast exists I was hoping you had switched to OSRS!

On the topic of OSRS and its continued relevancy and growth I think when you mentioned twitch and content creation being so big was an important note. Swampletics with Settled, Gilenor Games with SoupRS and so many other legendary series that OSRS content creators have made have undoubtedly helped people connect with the game. I have a lot of other thoughts myself on the topic but some YouTubers have made great videos on why OSRS is a great game and in my opinion they do it more justice. Not sure if linking is allowed on the forums but youtuber 'TastyLife' an OSRS content creator has a great video titled 'If you've never played Oldschool RuneScape, CLICK HERE' that does a fantastic job summarizing why so many people love this game and I think its worth checking out.

Listening to you Shane especially is really nostalgic. I guess I made this forum account back in 2008 but I used to love listening to the podcast for info on weekly updates and the different hosts. Really cool to see you guys still going strong over 900 episodes later. Keep up the great work and I look forward to tuning in when I see OSRS mentioned in the show notes as I haven't played RS3 since EOC so unfortunately that content doesn't connect with me.

Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 921 - Dukely Deeds
PostPosted: February 17th, 2023, 4:42 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
Hey!

Great to hear that you enjoyed the show. I can't make any promises regarding Old School content at this time but it's an interesting product to say the least. Interesting in how it spawned from a poll and the other retro-based games that it inspired. One nut I haven't cracked yet is why content creation took off like it did on OS but not RS3 (RS3 stuff is mostly PvM, guides, and wagging the dog). I'll look into that video you mentioned.

Also, feel free to join our Discord if you use that: https://www.rsbandb.com/discord