Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: RSBANDBUpdate! 449 - Play the Beta
PostPosted: January 25th, 2014, 4:07 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
Slayer updates are always welcome but the real story this week comes with the combat beta. Oh how things have changed.
Download Now
Direct Download - 64 Kbit MP3 (Full Show Notes)

Hosts: Shane (@Shane12088) and Trekkie
Duration: 1:24:33

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 25th, 2014, 4:07 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 449 - Play the Beta
PostPosted: February 7th, 2014, 1:19 am 
Community Ambassador

RS Name: Lord Rickles
RS Status: P2P
I'm just now getting caught up on podcasts, and Trekkie mentioned War Thunder when talking about the Shane's Pick - World of Tanks.

I played a lot of War Thunder when I saw it on Steam about Fall of last year. Many youtube videos mentioned World of Tanks when comparing the game. In fact, I thought they were the same developer - they look incredibly similar and both are trying to make the trifecta of fighting with tanks, planes, and ships. I can only speak for War Thunder, but if anyone enjoys flight or battle simulators - both are very fulfilling. They are very technical and very tactical, where you can pull real world maneuvers and can be very unforgiving if you don't use the proper tactics. That being said, WT was very user friendly for those that just want to hop in and play multiplayer. I had a blast, but ultimately got tired of the pure grind of leveling. It also works a lot like Ports in RS, where you have to wait if your plane is damaged (and trust me, it will) - sometimes for hours or you could "pay" to repair it. Though for what it's worth, and you can't beat free, it's a very beautiful and creditable dogfight simulator.