Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Questions for RSBANDBUpdate! 351
PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 7:47 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
Earth will be joining Trekkie and myself this week.

Read the FAQ and remember to send audio questions to questions@rsbandb.com or phone them in to 571-57-BandB (571-572-2632).

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 7:47 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: Questions for RSBANDBUpdate! 351
PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 10:27 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Andymaster24
Clan Name: The Clueless Adventurers
Not an RS question this week, more of a topic.

Say, the news reveals that all scientific data regarding the life cycle of a star was wrong and our sun was going to expand rapidly, making Earth unlivable. Fortunately the world governments were informed far in advance and building giant spaceships with plenty of room for all the people on Earth to board if they choose. There is no destination currently and they have no plan of where to go. The spaceships have a communist style of rule and it's non negotiable.

Do you choose to (A) decide to stay with Earth as it's destroyed knowing you will die soon, or (B) board the spaceships and head towards the unknown and give up all you know?

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Titanicus

PostPosted: March 6th, 2012, 5:59 pm 
BANNED

RS Name: firering401
RS Status: F2P
Shane: Does storing an encrypted volume inside another encrypted volume make it more secure? I have been listening to security now, starting from episode 1, which is why I have become more and more concerned with security and privacy..

I would think if you had several volumes stored in other volumes, with different keys and hash/encryption methods (AES first/lowest volume, AES-Twofish for the volume you put the first in [and so on] also switching hashes between SHA-512, RIPEMD-160, and Whirlpool)... Wouldn't it be theoretically possible to make your data 10^trillion times more secure? Do you think I am being paranoid? After all, I am trying to adopt as many gibsonian practices as I can (I am on episode 70 now)

P.S, The only thing I have in my encrypted volumes (as of today) are: Personal image backups, docs for school, receipts, work documents, contact backups, OPML backups, evernote backups, the bases to my password system, code backups, and iOS crash log backups.. (Synced with several backup servers and cloud servers)

PostPosted: March 7th, 2012, 8:51 am 
Iron Member

RS Name: Meltdown
Hey guys..

Just wondering why it is so hard to replicate 1:1 movement on a touch device? In touch device s when you hold and drag, the item seems to lag behind your finger a little bit. Faster movements exaggerate this...

Is this as simple as that the software is making a compromise to preserve battery life? Is 1:1 tracking simply too hard on hardware at this point? or maybe this is totally software based (tracking algorithms... all that gritty stuff)..

Thanks a lot, looking forward to listening