Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: RSBANDBUpdate! 344 - Jagex Wins
PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 4:51 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
The Hati wolf re-appears and is joined by his brother, thoughts on the new interface icons, and Jagex wins a landmark court case.
Download Now
Direct Download - 64 Kbit MP3 (Full Show Notes)

Hosts: Shane and Trekkie
Duration: 1:28:28

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 4:51 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: RSBANDBUpdate! 344 - Jagex Wins
PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 6:37 pm 
Black Member

RS Name: TaintedCult
Clan Name: Chronic Gaming
Few minutes in and Trekkie, the Hati Paws actually DO work with Mage and Ranged. Just not for Prayer or Summoning.

PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 8:50 pm 
Community Ambassador

RS Name: Lord Rickles
Gar! I'm so disappointed in Trekkie and Shane for not knowing that not only do the Hati paws work for mage and range, but also for non-combat activities! You can high alch, teleport - heck, even go do Livd Farm, and you still get the bonus exp. Shame on you guys for not doing your homework! :P

PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 9:36 pm 
Black Member

RS Name: TaintedCult
Clan Name: Chronic Gaming
Lord Rickles wrote:
Gar! I'm so disappointed in Trekkie and Shane for not knowing that not only do the Hati paws work for mage and range, but also for non-combat activities! You can high alch, teleport - heck, even go do Livd Farm, and you still get the bonus exp. Shame on you guys for not doing your homework! :P

I know. Shane and Trekkie are usually so knowledgeable about the updates. Although that's usually only with quests. Also sorry for the awful spelling in my question! I actually typed it up on my phone, so that's why there were so many errors.

PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 9:45 pm 
Site Owner

I did discover and correct that error before RS updates were up ;). Not sure if you guys got there or heard it yet.

I was under the impression that they didn't work with non-combat magic since I attempted that last year and they didn't.

Edit: They do work on non-combat magic.

PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 9:47 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
i never bothered with hati claws and as you also heard, i have been very very busy :( waking up at 6 am for the past week to drive for hours is exhausting.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 21st, 2012, 9:47 pm 

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 6:23 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: iZant
Clan Name: Apocalypse Slayers
I may be willing to sacrifice a fire cape to do the tzhaar update next week, I got a jad task yesterday and I have a spare firecape. And I can kill jad pretty easily so i may have multiple attempts at the new caves

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 7:11 pm 
Site Owner

Zant Twilit wrote:
I may be willing to sacrifice a fire cape to do the tzhaar update next week, I got a jad task yesterday and I have a spare firecape. And I can kill jad pretty easily so i may have multiple attempts at the new caves

That's not next week. Next week is supposedly going to be the Burthorpe rework and a new quest in that area.

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2012, 8:29 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: iZant
Clan Name: Apocalypse Slayers
I think I meant to say next month....oops. I'm blonde for a reason :P

PostPosted: January 30th, 2012, 7:58 pm 
Community Ambassador

RS Name: Lord Rickles
I feel the need to go back and post my thoughts on how Shane responded to Systemless' question about when the next fan will get to be on the show.

It's not that we don't want to enter contests, or that they are boring or whatever. The honest truth is that we want to be glorified by being on the show with no effort being put forth what-so-ever. We all want our opinions to be heard by all the listeners, but having to earn it is something that takes work and committment, and that's just something a majority of us can't exude. For some of us, that may just be due to laziness, but for some it's because we just can't find the time.

I find the same thing to be true for any sort of group on RS, whether it be a fansite, a clan, etc. Those who would be great as a leader or would be a successful host also happens to be successful in "real life" and therefore doesn't have the time to devote to the group, as much as we may want to. In a way, this validates that they are good and hardworking people, but unfortunately they are virtually (hehehe puns) offlimits due to their schedule. It's a problem that plagues a majority of extra gaming-related websites and groups.

So while I'd love to write some articles, pay my dues and put in the time, and perhaps one day have the honor to be a special guest on the podcast, real life gets in the way of such things. For this same reason, contests aren't the answer to find a good fan to be on the show, either. A more simple and more honorary way would be for all of you to get together and invite people that have been in the community for a long time and are knowledgable about the game by hand picking them. That would be far more special than winning some dinky contest (though Uncle Dano was clearly the best choice for the last time, regardless of the criteria).

That's just my thoughts on the matter.

PostPosted: January 30th, 2012, 9:51 pm 
Site Owner

I can appreciate that. But I feel the last one was really simple, favourite RS update for the year and why followed by a clip for the clip show. Most of them are that level of difficulty, some in the past were harder like drawing a picture or singing a song.

We do have a survey out where you can write what you feel with that and other things. We hope we get a good turnout on the survey!

PostPosted: February 1st, 2012, 7:19 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Uncle Dano
Clan Name: Knights of Honour
I have to say that I very much appreciate Lord Rickles' positive comments regarding my appearance on the show as a guest. Thanks so much. I also do want to say that if there were anyone who struggles with real life committments and finding time to play RS, let alone enter contests and submit audio questions for the show, it's me. But, there are some opportunities that are just so special that you just have to find the time.

A contest to be a guest on the show is actually a good thing, from my perspective. Firstly, the contests aren't that difficult to win (*snickers*) and really don't take that much effort. What it does for those who run the show however, is give them a sense of the entrant's genuine interest and enthusiasm. If the contest could also be geared towards providing the show hosts with information on what the person really wants to talk about on the show as well, then that would be very helpful to them as well. Everyone has their own area of expertise in this game, and in life, and that really is what that person should really talk about on the show if they are invited to do so, because the subject matter comes naturally to them and they can probably talk about the topic for hours on end.

My suggestion which I intend on posting on another thread, is that the show regularly (perhaps once per month) invites an "expert" on the show to dump all of their knowledge and experience on a particular topic (such as someone who is an expert on GWD or Barrows or even an expert in a particular skill). This would be a regular feature which would be somewhat of an audio skillguide on a particular skill or activity. 10-15 min or so, covering as much as the person can on that particular topic that they believe they are an expert in. I personally would love to learn from someone like that. Stay tuned for more on this.

Anyway, I think a little effort put forth by those who truly want to be on the show is absolutely necessary. It is truly an honour to be on the show and that's the way it should be. I know that many people truly do want that opportunity. Let's think of creative ways to get you on the show so that you can highlight your talents, skills and knowledge to the entire RSBandB Community.

Web: Uncle Dano's RS Wiki | RS Hiscores: Uncle Dano