Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Questions for RSBANDBUpdate! 273
PostPosted: September 7th, 2010, 2:35 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
Just Chief and I this week as usual :)

Audio questions go to questions@rsbandb.com and please read the FAQ before posting.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: September 7th, 2010, 2:35 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: Questions for RSBANDBUpdate! 273
PostPosted: September 7th, 2010, 2:42 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Skoolboyy
Dear shane and chief.

Shane, whats wrong about looking like a schoolboy? >.> Just kidding (referring to episode 271)

#1 Would you ever consider posting a real picture of yourself? Or atleast making a puzzle or something for people to follow, to try and unlock a picture?

#2 This year, well 2nd semester im taking a computer science course in highschool, so it won't be for a few more months. I'm not really much of a tech person although i enjoy computers alot. Is there anything i should "practice" to try and get ahead for the course? So i can have some general knowledge? Thanks.

Keep up the great show, schoolboy

PostPosted: September 7th, 2010, 3:23 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: FerretNinjas
RS Status: Classic
Clan Name: Not in a clan
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Smith (please see episode 259)

First off, i would like to say i've been listening to you podcast for a long time now, and this is my very first question!

Second, this one is for Shane only, you can add in your input too if you want Chief. My friend and I are making a site for skillers, and i suggested we also make a podcast to go with it. it would be kinda like yours but about skilling, we would talk about updates to a skill, talk about quest releases, take questions from viewers about a certain skill or a quest etc. What i am asking is what we would need to make a podcast, since both of us are inexperienced, and if either of you could, be guests on one of our first couple of shows. Also, since i have dial-up, yes, tragic i know, i might not be able to listen to this podcast for awhile, so could you send me a pm sometime in runescape?

Third, I recently bought full verac's, bandos cloak, and a whip, and still have 838k left over, i made this from farming avantoes and papayas, and am currently 58 farming, about 6k to 59. Im training to get 65 for wgs, but i might go even farther than that because i really enjoy the skill, i am also going for 99 fletching every now and then, currently lvl 91. Any suggestions on what i should farm? and also, could u take a look at my other stats and tell me if theres anything i should train, im lvl 102 in members and 95 in free i believe.

Thanks keep up the awesome show,

Lemur Ninjas

PostPosted: September 7th, 2010, 5:21 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: andrastecelt
Hii Shane and Chief
I would like to clarify I am a girl. =0
What is your favorite band, Modern day?
Also Shane have you ever read Star trek Movie Memories written by William Shatner. I am begging to read it but since I suck at reading haven't gotten very far. =P
Artemis.

PostPosted: September 7th, 2010, 5:27 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
artemis wrote:
Hii Shane and Chief
I would like to clarify I am a girl. =0
What is your favorite band, Modern day?
Also Shane have you ever read Star trek Movie Memories written by William Shatner. I am begging to read it but since I suck at reading haven't gotten very far. =P
Artemis.

Artemis, if you had said you're favorite skill was Farming, I think Shane would be in love.

Anyways,

What has been bothering me for a long time. Are we ever going to make a database or monster hunting guide on the main RSBandB site? We have had that Submissions sections for over 4 years, and yet we havnt made it into anything.

PostPosted: September 7th, 2010, 6:09 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Comp Sci
Clan Name: W48 Stalkers
Dear Shane and Chief,

Do you feel that Mining has become outdated? The only noticeable updates it has had in a long time was the Living Rock Caverns. I know from experience that many players are turned away from this beautiful skill due to the insane amounts of clicking and focus required to level up (until they can use the Living Rock Caverns, which takes a very long time to access).

What changes would you propose to the Mining skill?

As usual,
Stone

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: September 7th, 2010, 6:09 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: September 8th, 2010, 3:42 am 
Steel Member

RS Name: Barrage Tank
Clan Name: The Imperial Legion
dear shane and chief,
I have 2 questions this week. first my computer has been making random things in runescape turn black and then eventually it freezes the computer. i have been away all summer and the computer hasn't been used in three months. second i was wondering if you could tell me how lootshare and coinshare work and what the differences are?
thanks, optimaniac

PostPosted: September 8th, 2010, 5:51 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: nolen65
hey im new to the forums but i have been listening to the update for a while now. i love the podcast and i hope you keep doing it for a long time. i hav a few questions i want to ask.
1. i am working on my first 99 skill, firemaking. i am doing it on maples unlike chiefykins who wouldnt buy them from you lol. i was just wondering how long or how many hours it would take from lvl 52. (if you have any maples for sale shane i will gladly buy them)
2. i always thought of farming as a skill that is there but doesnt need to be trained, but i decided to try it because of how passionate you and chief are about it and i love it! thank you for showing me the awesomeness of the skill. i wanted to know how long farming takes to get to lvl 99 tho also.
3. i was also wondering when trekky could get back on the show because i have been seeing and talkin to him ingame a lot recently

thank you again for showing me how awesome farming is!
-nolen

PostPosted: September 8th, 2010, 6:05 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: agh97
Hello again entertaining talkers in my background , I have three questions this week.
1: How long do you think it will take me to get 99 from 85 agility? In hours please, as school is providing me with a social life crippling amount of home work and i still need time to talk to and hang out with friends.

2: have you ever texted or contacted someone in another way that you met in game? I, personaly, have contacted a good friend I had been talking to for months, but it was a while after she had quit. In that time she became a very creepy person. I'll give her phone number to anyone who will flame her [(kidding! =D)PM me ingame agh97]

3: how often do you use forums? In my 111 levels i have never once looked at the forums for reasons other than the pest control quest pages and was confused by them then.

Thanks for keeping me entertained on my journey to 99 in the best skill in the best game we all play called runescape.
P.S. Chief what is your agility now? I don't like using highscores.
P.S.S. i was nervous wen I asked my first question and forgot to say that the name of the band my cousin is in is called Searchlight not to be confused with the searchlight OnDemand.
Thank you for reading my question, and if you don't you will never have been thanked. Have a nice day. =)

PostPosted: September 9th, 2010, 5:39 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Snowskeeper
Clan Name: Denlak Star/Salmoneus
Shane, Chief Snake, do you have any idea what Warhammer40k is? If you do, then you understand that by asking this I am being a complete nerd. Then again, that was already a given.

Now for the serious question, what is your favorite series of books and game storylines?

Till Hell Freezes Over

Snowskeeper

PostPosted: September 9th, 2010, 7:35 pm 
Runite Member

Location: In an underground lair, helping the monkies plan their overthrow of humans. us
RS Name: Regnenth
RS Status: F2P
Clan Name: Bloody Ravens
Shane and Chief,

First, if you could live in any time period in the past (there would be no effect on the time stream because of this) what period would you live in? I would personally like to see Feudal Japan.

Second, if you could take one item from real life and put it into runescape for only your character to use, what would you put in, also, what item would you like to see have a graphical update? Keep up the awesome show...or I'll cry

There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day