Post subject: 1 year after window to mac switch
PostPosted: July 11th, 2018, 6:48 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Mr Bistro
RS Status: P2P
After 1 year of working at my job on a mac over a pc I have experienced truely different methodologies. I want to state that I was not a mac fan to begin with.

In addition for my personal experience, it was developer based. I work for an e commerce website that had our team make the switch a year ago. It was for the better and here is why..

The terminal is much more friendly to developers. The fact that it's Unix based really does wonders to the Windows command. It became much easier to work at the command level of a mac than a pc. Any decent developer can tell you this. Even though windows is moving in the right direction, they are light years behind the built in functionality of an apple product.

The fact is, Microsoft is still working with a proprietary solution that is no longer desired by the developer and engineer community when it comes to software as well as internet development.

Everything runs smoother on my MacBook pro which is saying something because my switch was from a recent Lenovo product that had 32 gigs of ram.

The operating system took getting use to. The amount of tools that were available software wise was less. But even still.with that, I would choose the mac or.

I experienced so much less issues with the mac over pc and it surprised me. Someone who would never switch to that system.

When it comes to gaming, the favor is still on pc. As this was a work machine I did not game on it.

In conclusion. If you are a gamer, go pc, everything else, please go mac. You will not regret it.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 11th, 2018, 6:48 am 
Mithril Member

Post subject: Re: 1 year after window to mac switch
PostPosted: July 15th, 2018, 1:59 am 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
You're welcome.

People used to think I was selling snake oil. That's the exact reason I advocate a Mac.

Mr. Bistro wrote:
In conclusion. If you are a gamer, go pc, everything else, please go mac. You will not regret it.