Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Recents.. Photos
PostPosted: July 18th, 2011, 9:31 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Humus_75
RS Status: Classic
Clan Name: Instinct
Just a few more from recently:
http://crimpshrimp.deviantart.com/art/Brighton-240437867

http://crimpshrimp.deviantart.com/art/Gypsy-240437469

http://crimpshrimp.deviantart.com/art/C ... ed-The-Cat-240431600

http://crimpshrimp.deviantart.com/art/Still-Home-217693700

http://crimpshrimp.deviantart.com/art/A-View-From-Above-217690538

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 18th, 2011, 9:31 am 
Dragon Member

Post subject: Re: Recents.. Photos
PostPosted: July 18th, 2011, 9:42 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
RS Status: P2P
I love the one of the lady, it shows true expression. Im not usually a fan of black and white, but these are pretty good.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2011, 4:37 pm 
Dragon Member

Ranging God wrote:
I love the one of the lady, it shows true expression. Im not usually a fan of black and white, but these are pretty good.

GC is a little dead these days, I see..

PostPosted: August 10th, 2011, 6:54 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Wolf Solo
Clan Name: Keepers of Yggdrasil
I tho I commented on this a while back, I guess I forgot to actually type it! lol

That is a really nice bike, and the old guy adds a nice touch to the bikes age. I also have to agree with Ranging God with the one of the lady, I love her expression. The one with the dog is nice, but would of been better if he/she was maybe looking to the camera instead of showing us his/her tail. The next one is very nice, but I am not sure how to express how it makes me feel. Its nature... and yet there is human touch to it. And last, I don't like the last one much.

You got talent ;)

PostPosted: August 10th, 2011, 8:15 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
I like these. I especially like the gray scale. When I took photography in HS, we used black and white film (yes film, not digital) to take shots. For one thing, it's easier to develop, but secondly, the images look pretty cool. I personally like black and white over color. If I get the chance, I'll scan in a couple of the photos I took. :P

Oh, one thing. I thought the board outside the shop in the third one was a little distracting and out of place. Would have been nice if it wasn't in the picture. Still a good picture, though.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 11:45 am 
Dragon Member

Priss wrote:
I tho I commented on this a while back, I guess I forgot to actually type it! lol

That is a really nice bike, and the old guy adds a nice touch to the bikes age. I also have to agree with Ranging God with the one of the lady, I love her expression. The one with the dog is nice, but would of been better if he/she was maybe looking to the camera instead of showing us his/her tail. The next one is very nice, but I am not sure how to express how it makes me feel. Its nature... and yet there is human touch to it. And last, I don't like the last one much.

You got talent ;)

Thanks c:

Duke Juker wrote:
I like these. I especially like the gray scale. When I took photography in HS, we used black and white film (yes film, not digital) to take shots. For one thing, it's easier to develop, but secondly, the images look pretty cool. I personally like black and white over color. If I get the chance, I'll scan in a couple of the photos I took. :P

Oh, one thing. I thought the board outside the shop in the third one was a little distracting and out of place. Would have been nice if it wasn't in the picture. Still a good picture, though.

You think film is easier to develop?? haha, unloading from the canister onto a reel, then agitating the tank carefully and precisely for about 10 minutes, then enlarging and exposing each print? As opposed to shoving your memory card in your computer? You're crazy :P I agree on the board being in the way.. I would've liked this shot so much better otherwise :/

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 11:45 am 
Dragon Member

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 11:59 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Wolf Solo
Clan Name: Keepers of Yggdrasil
Humus wrote:
You think film is easier to develop?? haha, unloading from the canister onto a reel, then agitating the tank carefully and precisely for about 10 minutes, then enlarging and exposing each print? As opposed to shoving your memory card in your computer? You're crazy :P I agree on the board being in the way.. I would've liked this shot so much better otherwise :/

Maybe he meant more fun?

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 2:06 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Nightgunner5
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Priss wrote:
Humus wrote:

Maybe he meant more fun?

I think he was referring to the type of film, not film over digital.

Shane wrote:
Just be sure to let me know if they're male or female, sometimes it can be hard to tell :P

PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 2:29 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Killjoy4eva
RS Status: Old School (2007)
May I ask what camera, lenses,and other what not you have?

PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 3:02 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Ben wrote:
Priss wrote:
Humus wrote:

Maybe he meant more fun?

I think he was referring to the type of film, not film over digital.

Ya, I meant the film type. Black and white film is easier than color film to develop. In class, the teacher would develop it for us, but we did the enlarging and actual picture development of the film. Doing the pictures ourselves was really cool and fun. If I have a chance, I'll scan in some of the photos I did. My mom framed them so I'll need to take them out of the frame before I scan them.

I must say, though, having my own dark room and developing my own film would be pretty sick.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: October 7th, 2011, 7:44 am 
Dragon Member

Killjoy4eva wrote:
May I ask what camera, lenses,and other what not you have?

Canon 1000D, kit 18-55mm lens.

Duke Juker wrote:
Ya, I meant the film type [...]

Ah, i see.. I've never done colour before, my school didn't have the facilities to do it, not sure about my college..