"Originally when I created a 'friends chat,' long before the days of the Clan Camp, the idea was simple: to have a place where a group of my friends and I could all talk together, rather than through PMs.
We look forward to making new friends with whoever is interested in joining. We have a ranking system to encourage people to interact more with others through recruiting, attending events, and participating at the citadel.
Whether you are a long-standing clan member since the beginning or are thinking about incorporating clan life into your gaming experience fresh, we hope you will choose to join us!"
-Arceus, clan founder and leader
We are a social/community clan and we are recruiting! Don't be intimidated by the number of clan members, as we welcome clanmates of all levels, both F2P and P2P, and we're all quite friendly. You are welcome to guest in our clan chat and talk-we do expect you to follow clan rules though. We've included the clan rules, some information on ranking in our clan, and some people you can contact here for your convenience. Feel free to have a look and check us out today!
Spoiler for Clan rules:
We have all of these clan rules for a reason, which is for the most part self-explanatory. If you want more information please ask a staff member privately.
Here we present the clan rules, in order of most severe to more mild infractions. Please read and understand everything thoroughly. If you have a question, ask a staff member or reply to this thread. First of all, while we strongly encourage all players to follow all Jagex rules, we do not have the capability to enforce them. Therefore, we DO NOT ENFORCE JAGEX'S RULES. It is preposterous for us to determine if a player is botting, multilogging or committing other similar offenses, so no bans or punishments will dealt for such offenses unless there is evidence such as direct admission. While we do strongly encourage you to follow Jagex’s rules, we will only enforce our own rules, which will be listed below. All decisions regarding kicks or bans with respect to our rules are final and effectively irreversible.
If you break our clan rules, depending on the severity of the incident you will be warned and/or your rank lowered. You may also be asked to read the rules and post affirming that you have done so.
0. RESPECT CLAN MEMBERS AND THE AUTHORITY OF CLAN STAFF. Clan staff here refer to ORGANIZERS, COORDINATORS, and OVERSEERS (as well as owner, of course). Our ambition is to have a friendly community of people who respect to each other. Clearly with such a large body of people, there will be many different viewpoints on different issues. You can have yours but respect other people’s opinions as well!
Furthermore, if a clan staff member requests that you not do something, please just drop it. Clan staff work hard to maintain the integrity of the chat and make sure the community stays awesome. They WILL remove you from the clan if you persist. If you wish to discuss the issue further or think something was misunderstood, contact Arceusdark directly. If there is an issue and no clan staff are on, take screenshots and try not to perpetuate the issue and summarize/send evidence to a clan staff member the next time they come online.
1. No extremely offensive language/racism/etc. Usage of an occasional swear word is permitted, so long as such a usage makes no attempt to circumvent the chat filter* (more info at the end of the posts), and is not derogatory with respect to a particular ethnic group, race, sexual orientation, etc. Also try to keep away from discussion of drugs. We have clan members of all ages and do not want to encourage them in that direction. If any uncertainty arises it is recommended that one abstains from using the term until it is discussed or clarified with an admin.
As some examples: Do not say things like “this is ***.” Do not mention rape or depictions of sexual acts. Do not use the “n-word” or similar terms. Do not make racist jokes. Do not call clanmates vulgar names. Severity Level: MODERATE-HIGH
2. No scamming/spamming. We know that you know what scamming is, and we will not tolerate it. We have slightly more leniency for spamming. Spamming can be (1) filling the chat with gibberish or (2) repeating the same or essentially the same message in a short period of time. Spamming also includes making multiple requests in clan chat to buy something. Use the Grand Exchange for such transactions. Whether or not something is spam is at the discretion of clan staff. IF A CLAN STAFF MEMBER ASKS YOU TO STOP, LISTEN TO THEM! We will demote and mute you along with recruits in the clan chat if necessary. In general, you may find it useful to recall the acronym SPAM = Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages. Severity Level: MODERATE-HIGH
3. No advertising dangerous websites. If you advertise a website in the clan chat or on our forums (and saying it one time is enough) which is a phishing site, an otherwise dangerous site, or contains adult content, we will take appropriate action to prevent such a breach from re-occurring, including possible removal from the clan (aka kick) or removal of chatting privileges (muting recruits). Even if you are mentioning a website which is legitimate, safe, etc., keep in mind this is against Jagex rules and you may be reported/muted as Jagex deems necessary. Severity Level: MODERATE
4. No minimodding. Do not attempt to enforce either our rules or Jagex rules if you are not an organizer rank or higher-this includes claiming your other account has these powers. Although your efforts are appreciated, without the authority to take appropriate action, you will only cause flaming and in short, trigger a larger disaster. If you are not clan staff, it is best to note down the incident and let staff know at a later time. If another clan member is breaking one of Jagex's rules which is not on our list, there is nothing we can do-simply report them as usual without taunting and hope for the best. Severity Level: LOW-MODERATE
5. No begging. Although we're happy to aid you in finding ways to make your fortune, we are not in the business of financing you with free gifts. It would be wiser to ask how to make money than to ask for money outright. Severity Level: LOW
6. No discussion of controversial subjects without repercussions. If you choose to discuss these topics, which include religion and politics, you will be held responsible for any resulting flaming. Severity Level: LOW
7. Activity. If you are not seen for a long period of time (generally over a month), you may be kicked for inactivity. Furthermore, staff members who disappear unexpectedly will have their rank lowered until they return and a satisfactory explanation has been provided. If you plan on leaving RuneScape for some time, let us know so we can note it down and your rank will be preserved.
8. Post in the Welcome Thread. All new members should be sure to post in the welcome thread and introduce themselves to be eligible for a rank. Do not forget to mention that you have read the clan rules! From our clan forums (through the clan homepage on Jagex's own site), click button with "Forum" and a green arrow at the top of the page to go back to the list of threads and see it.
*Here some examples of evading the chat filter are provided under the following scenario: Suppose the word "sweater" is decreed to be offensive and impermissible to say, and hence is added to the chat filter by Jagex. Writing any of these "euphemisms" would be in violation of our rules:
*Sw34ter *Sw3ater *Swe4ter (these three are various examples of numerical substitution for letters) *Swe/ater (splitting in between two lines of chat) *Sweter (omitting a letter)
Spoiler for Who to contact:
If you would like further information or have any questions, you are welcome to contact any of the following people, who would be happy to help:
Its Arceus The_Griffles Neko Noms JohnyH120 Inoze metalbug0
As a courtesy to the staff, it would be best to identify yourself (i.e., "I am interested in your clan/have a question about your clan) when contacting someone.
Last bumped by Arceus on October 16th, 2015, 6:59 am.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum