Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Informer Article Suggestion
PostPosted: January 24th, 2011, 4:09 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Clan Quest
I couldn't post in the Informer forum so I'll post this here. I'd kind of like to see an article/articles about Free Trade and the Wilderness being brought back. It could wait until after February for a post-analysis rather than a pre-analysis. Either way, I'd really like to see a good article about it. I know we have the discussion topics going in the forums, but I think this would be a good topic for an article. Just a thought.

Edit: I'll also throw this in here. Have you guys (Mike/Shane) ever thought of doing a type of "Behind the Scenes" like Runescape does? I know there is always a review of the past month, but what about a look into what's coming for the next month for the site? I'd be interested myself to hear about what you guys are doing to improve or maintain the site.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 24th, 2011, 4:09 am 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: Informer Article Suggestion
PostPosted: January 24th, 2011, 4:42 am 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
Informer article topics are picked by the writers. I'm sure one of the writers will see this and probably get an idea about it. I know we'll have some coverage of the changes made, I'm just not sure what angle it will be covered from.

If you want reaction to the update in another way you can also listen to what will be Update 294 as well ;)

As for behind the scenes of RSBandB, that would be hard. We don't have set public timetables because everything is highly variable. In a way we have a general idea of what the month will have in store but nothing is set in stone in terms of public release. The best you'd get would be a dissection of how something works, why we did it, and what was involved later on.

If we were to make deadline promises we would unfortunately miss those deadlines more times than not, as a result we take a "release when ready" policy.

PostPosted: January 24th, 2011, 8:22 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
Lol the "coming this month" thing could only probably work for the informer... but then that would force them to have their topics at the beginning of the month and structure is no fun.

I mean that it wouldn't work for anything else since it would be like this:

Quote:
RSBANDB BEHIND THE SCENES FEBRUARY

Nothing is coming

The official site happenings that actually happen monthly are pretty much limited to informer, events crew, and podcast... If you wanted to force topic decision at the beginning of the month it could be done for informer but for events... pretty sure events are still not decided on until they're posted + are there even monthly events anymore? XD Also the R!U topics are dependent on what happens in RS and the non-RS topics are generally current I think? So can't really do a month in preview for that (BY THE WAY WHEN THE RANTS FORUM WAS REINSTATED WHY WASN'T THE RANTS SECTION REINSTATED!!! THIS IS ALSO A RANT! we pay we say you listen).

PostPosted: January 24th, 2011, 8:28 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
I guess what you could do to avoid...
----------------------------------------------------
RSBANDB BEHIND THE SCENES FEBRUARY

Nothing is coming
----------------------------------------------------
...is tack it onto the previous month review. I was just thinking if there was anything solidly scheduled in your minds, you could just mention it in passing. I mean, I'm not looking for anything on a grand scale. Just the small improvements you make here and there or big events that are coming up. Specific dates aren't necessary. Just a general idea of when something will happen. Idk, I'm just curious to see what you guys are looking to add or improve on the site (if anything). Don't have to go out of your way to set dates or think up articles or anything like that. Just if there is anything you believe or know is coming up, mention it. That's what I had in mind.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: January 26th, 2011, 3:05 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Chief. Snake
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Warren wrote:
(BY THE WAY WHEN THE RANTS FORUM WAS REINSTATED WHY WASN'T THE RANTS SECTION REINSTATED!!! THIS IS ALSO A RANT! we pay we say you listen).

I actually was wondering the same thing just a few days ago, realising we didn't do them any more. It's something I'm hoping we could improve on - including some more varied content at least from time to time - so we'll see. :P

I pretty much agree with you otherwise, too. Most of what goes on behind the scenes happens either too quickly for us to divulge, or too slowly to be worth divulging.. :D

PostPosted: January 27th, 2011, 9:00 pm 

RS Name: Lord Earth
Shane wrote:
Informer article topics are picked by the writers. I'm sure one of the writers will see this and probably get an idea about it. I know we'll have some coverage of the changes made, I'm just not sure what angle it will be covered from.

If you want reaction to the update in another way you can also listen to what will be Update 294 as well ;)

As for behind the scenes of RSBandB, that would be hard. We don't have set public timetables because everything is highly variable. In a way we have a general idea of what the month will have in store but nothing is set in stone in terms of public release. The best you'd get would be a dissection of how something works, why we did it, and what was involved later on.

If we were to make deadline promises we would unfortunately miss those deadlines more times than not, as a result we take a "release when ready" policy.

Wait, you aren't advertising a guest article?! There's something wrong here..

Global Moderator since August 25, 2014 18:30:29

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 27th, 2011, 9:00 pm