Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: GIVE ME BACK MY ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND PROGRESS
PostPosted: October 19th, 2010, 11:22 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
Hello on the highscores despite requesting transfer like 15 days ago I STILL DON'T HAVE my accomplishments and progress transfered to Arktik Bear from Pingwen.

And the highscores say Arktik Bear's forum name is Jay. But Arktik Bear is in my rsn field!! And Arktik Bird in his. And Jay said he requested his accomplishments/progress be transfered from Pengwin as well but he doesn't have it.
Conspiracy much?

wepaywesay

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 19th, 2010, 11:22 am 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: GIVE ME BACK MY ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND PROGRESS
PostPosted: October 19th, 2010, 5:52 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
I'm sorry, the high scores name conversions is one of the few things I still have to redo from earlier this year when we upgraded our database.

All the requests and progress/achievements from old names not showing up on high scores are still stored, but it might still be a couple weeks before I can get those all approved.

The matter has been complicated by some people who have changed their name and then changed back to their original name overwriting their old stats before the name change. Now, fixing their progress to be accurate on the dates between the name changes is more difficult but still doable. This wouldn't have been a problem if I had updated the form to work again a lot sooner, but I saw it as low priority compared to other things since a lot of people seemed to be changing their RS name without updating their forum profile and requesting the change.

In short: I hate that jagex added this display name change system, but I will fix the high scores soon.