Post subject: One Twelfth Complete and Some Change
PostPosted: February 1st, 2010, 8:52 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
The start of February means 2010 is one-twelfth complete! January was a big month for us on RSBandB but we'll get to that later, first up your Runescape articles for January written by our intrepid writers.

January was kicked off with Tim's article, Miscellaneous Magic Training, following from December's Magic Skill of The Month. The first Runescape update of 2010 brought us the second Runescape Grandmaster quest entitled "Nomad's Requiem" which was covered by Alex. The next Runescape update encompassed an update to Barbarian Assault and integrating Agility into a few skills. Other Runescape articles were "A New Nation," by Kirby, which delved into possible theories about the much anticipated elf land expansion. Jason brought us a review of ten useful Summoning familiars. Finally, we have Marco's economy article which covered Junk Trading and Chris' article which took a look at the age old favourite PvP minigame: Castle Wars.

This month Kenny made a swap from Gaming to Music. The music articles will come out weekly and feature a discussion and/or review of an album or past concert. The first review covers "This is War" by 30 Seconds to Mars. This month in gaming and tech, Ryan reviewed Assassins Creed II and I discussed starting off the new year right with a concrete backup plan.

The January Cooking Skill of The Month ended with 91,881,240 experience gained. This resulted in Jrdgames taking the win with 31 million experience gained. Congratulations! Here's your trophy:

Other competition winners in January include: Reventon42 (Fight Pits), J Blighted (SKOT(1/2)H), Jsbrules (SKOT(1/2)H), and Jasonmrc (Scavenger Hunt).

These competition winners won various events held by prospective community members eying to become Events Crew staff. With this being said we're proud to announce that Tim and Owen were the successful applicants. Good job to everyone who submitted their application by running their event.

We would also like to welcome Fr0styb0w onboard as a new Gaming writer. Look for Fr0sty's article later this month.

Finally it's with mixed emotions that we move forward into a new era at RSBandB with the departures of Brad and Jeff. Brad has been my co-host on RSBANDBUpdate! for the better part of 200 episodes so it's certainly an understatement to assume that Brad's departure will be a low key affair. Jeff has been instrumental around RSBandB with his initial work on the RuneWire project (he implemented the design). Of course it wouldn't be right to forget all the work that both Brad and Jeff have done in various administration tasks throughout RSBandB. They will be both greatly missed and we wish them well!

Finally we would like you to take this small survey for us to tell us which direction you would like us to take RSBANDBInformer! in general. More specific surveys for RS General, Economy, PvP, Tech, and Gaming will be coming next month.

Now go train Crafting!

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 1st, 2010, 8:52 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: One Twelfth Complete and Some Change
PostPosted: February 1st, 2010, 11:00 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Tim2
RS Status: Retired
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Congrats on the win JRD. How you got 4m cooking xp in a day I have no clue whatsoever. Coming from the Informer side of me, please take the survey. I was to know what you guys want to read. It'll help me when I'm making my articles as right now, I don't really know what you guys want, I'm just writing what comes to mind and what is happening in game for me and on the forums. So Please take the survey. Now away from the informer, sad to see that Jeff had to leave. He really helped to make RSBandB and Runewire what it is. Can't wait to see who the new mods and admins are going to be (not sure about the mods, but you never know). And thanks again for letting myself and Owen be the new EC. I hope we can make some good events for you all. :)

/ August '15 (Fishing) \

/ Skiller of the Year Wins - 2009 | 2015 \
/ Informer Runescape Writer from 01/27/09 to 9/27/12 | 80th Dragon Member | RSBandB donator \
/Global Moderator April 1st, 2015 - April 1st, 2015\
/ 842 to 99 Dungeoneering & First RSBandBer to 99 Dungeoneering \

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 3:11 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Magicking
Clan Name: Clan Quest
It's been a big pain to watch Brad and Jeff leave. The community and the Update are losing a major face that everyone had come to know and love over the past 4 years. I give Chiefy props for going to the Update to take over Brad's position, and I am confident that he will do an outstanding job while he is on the Update. Just remember, the first couple months of the transition always take some getting used to. A lot of people (myself included) have been dreading tomorrow, the day that Brad will leave RSBANDB for the RAF. Although it is his choice, many people have been hoping that he would change his mind and stay with the community, but I doubt his mind will change in the next 24 hours. Many wishes of luck in your future Brad, and I hope you get some chances to visit! I look foward to hearing how basic training is to you. Jeff, I greatly appreciate the many things you have done for the community, and hope you will still be staying around.

Here is to the changes that we must face (even if we don't want to) during this month, and that we may be able to take these changes.

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 4:08 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: itally4life
RS Status: Classic
Really incredible numbers for the January skotm has to be the highest total exp. gain for a month, and also it was sad to see brad go and i really wish chief snake the best of luck for the co-host but im sure he wont need it.

Cooper wrote:
mining? all people do is powermine anyway, no money in it. with the exception of italy4lyfe (italy4nolifemining)

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2010, 2:34 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Deborahone
Clan Name: Elven Alliance
Mli 699 wrote:
Congrats on the win JRD. How you got 4m cooking xp in a day I have no clue whatsoever.

Thank you, it was a close competition a couple times.

Getting 4m xp wasn't easy, I cooked sharks all day and when I got done I had 4m xp. :D

Congrats to all on new staff positions and competition wins. I am sorry to see Brad and Jeff go but such is life.

SOTW Judge (Sep 14, 2005 1:38 pm - Feb 06, 2009 8:58 pm)
Spoiler for Everything else:

A Kid asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" and Jesus said. "This much."
And spread his arms out on the cross and died.
If you believe that he did this for you put this in your signature.

PostPosted: February 6th, 2010, 4:59 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Pennstate315
All day, what did you cook for 16 hours?

Black Member 2-6-10

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 6th, 2010, 4:59 pm 
Runite Member