Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Making Gold? (Haven't Played Since ~2010)
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2013, 4:34 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: iTik
RS Status: P2P
What's up guys, I've been playing Runescape for a long time. (As you can probably tell from when I signed up to this website.)

But I haven't played in years, I heard about this EoC stuff and decided to come check it out, and oddly enough..I like it!

Now what I'm trying to figure out is, when I quit, I gave away over 400M in items/gold to some random guy asking for 100k so he could buy a Dragon Longsword, and now that I'm back..I'm trying to make my money again.

Since I don't really know what's changed, what would you guys say is the best way for my character to make money?

Here are my stats: Image

Thanks, and I hope to see y'all around, hopefully I fall back in love with this game!

Proud Runescape Bits & Bytes Member #10!

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2013, 4:34 pm 
Mithril Member

Post subject: Re: Making Gold? (Haven't Played Since ~2010)
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2013, 9:27 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Hey wogboykon, nice to see you again. I agree that EoC is a step in the right direction, and I hope this years engine update improves it a lot.

The best way to make money in game still seems to be flipping items on the GE. Other than than, there is bossing, if you can get lucky. Many skilling methods to make money have disappeared due to deflation of prices. Herb farming is one of the only skilling methods I think is worth doing for making money.

It might be worth checking out player-owned-ports as well. You will be quite a bit behind everyone else who has been playing since release, but it is fun, and the rewards might still be worth something when you get to them. Jagex is also planning on further expanding the ports system.

PostPosted: February 5th, 2013, 10:50 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Kingdom brings in a decent flow of money still. If you're a member, do that.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: February 5th, 2013, 4:53 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
RS Status: Retired
Quote:
Now what I'm trying to figure out is, when I quit, I gave away over 400M in items/gold to some random guy asking for 100k so he could buy a Dragon Longsword, and now that I'm back..I'm trying to make my money again.

Hello, I don't think we've met but I have to outburst on you giving 400M to a random.... RHUGIBARGUIBRIUGBGRIGUIUDGBIFJAPF. I've kept my items, if you want somebody to enjoy them, give it to a friend at least, hell spread it around several people. But why would you dump all of it on one random! D: DAYUM I wish that was me =[

When it comes to money I'll fill in for Shane and tell you to farm (it's actually excellent money, even at a low level). Speaking of which, where the hell is he?

wogboykon wrote:
Thanks, and I hope to see y'all around, hopefully I fall back in love with this game!

Good luck o_o I just recently quit. I don't hate the people who like EoC but it's just not my thing. Even if you like EoC the big issue Jagex whoring for money and adding (other) retarded updates, this is not the RS I knew.

Best wishes =]

ImageImage