Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: 99 prayer best stratagies?
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2013, 10:42 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Mr Bistro
RS Status: P2P
After just a few days of getting 99 attack, I am determined to get my combat abilities up to go and boss at nex and the kalphite king.
Is it worth my time to continue doing ectophuntis or should I switch to a guilded alter?
I can make a guilded alter but don't have one yet.
I haven't filled all the buckets of slime in order to use the ectophuntis
I will be suing infernal ashes.

What do you guys think? let me know :)

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2013, 10:42 am 
Mithril Member

Post subject: Re: 99 prayer best stratagies?
PostPosted: January 22nd, 2013, 11:01 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: iZant
Clan Name: Apocalypse Slayers
It would be worth it to just use the gilded altar. Personally I prefer using one of the public altar in Yannile on world 31, as there are people there that keep the burners lit so you do not have to keep lighting them. This means that you will not need to bring the herbs to light them, and it will save you the time and hassle of doing so.

Although you save money with the Ectofunctus, the extra time you put into it is not worth the money saved, as it it singnificantly more time. The money you will make using the soul split and level 95 curses will completely overshoot the money that you will save with the ectofunctus.

As far as strategies for using public altars in Yannile, I have a few tips. Use a war tortoise or pack yak familiar as it will allow you to run more ashes per trip. As for where to bank at, I suggest banking at castle wars using a ring of duelling, then using a Yannile Tablet (if you have completed Love Story), or a teleport to house tablet with your house set to Yannile. Make sure you have set the option to appear at the poh portal instead of inside your house. You can drag your ring of duelling to the ability bar and then equip it, which allows you to press a button on the keyboard to bing up the teleport menu. Also set you left click summoning icon to take bob and drag the icon to the ability bar. You can withdraw from the familiar while you are using ashes on the altar without interrupting the process. Also, it is helpful to drag the teleport tablet to your ability bar.

I hope this helps!

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2013, 11:06 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Parselmouth
Clan Name: DGS
Using a guilded altar is far more time efficient than using the ectofuntus. If you have any of the Morytania Legs then collecting the slime/crushed bones from Robin daily is more efficient, but that caps at 39 a day.

Also don't be hesitant to build a gilded altar in your own home versus using someone else's. It maybe cost several hundred gp, but it is still worth it and so much more convenient.

EDIT (Zant posted a bit before me): I agree with pretty much everything he said. Using a public altar does give the benefit of not having to light the burners, but I personally prefer being able to teleport in to my house rather than to the portal and entering every time. In the end that bit is just personal preference, I think using your own is still technically faster. His bit about using the action bar is very good too. I would say use the tokkul-zo over a dueling ring if you have it, but either one works really.

Zant wrote:
Although you save money with the Ectofunctus, the extra time you put into it is not worth the money saved, as it it singnificantly more time. The money you will make using the soul split and level 95 curses will completely overshoot the money that you will save with the ectofunctus.

This is spot on.

RSN: Parselmouth | Jaysawn on ********

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2013, 6:49 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Uncle Dano
Clan Name: Knights of Honour
I would also agree with the suggestion to use an open house in W31 Yanille, rather than your own POH, for the efficiency of training. I used to be a ranked member of a FC that coordinated open altars in W31 (the first FC to do so actually), and it was hugely successful. Nowadays, with all the people willing to open their houses for others and keep the burners lit while you train, you don't even need to participate in a FC to find an open POH to train in.

I usually equip my Greater Runic Staff which has the house teleport loaded. This saves one inventory space that would otherwise be taken up with house teletabs. I also use the war tortoise BoB and the supreme salvation aura for the extra xp. Remember that you can set the Familiar left-click to take all items from the BoB and put them in your inventory. This can be done before your inventory is completely empty and this will not interrupt your prayer training. Any prismatic pendants I receive from SoF, I turn into prayer pendants. I usually use the glory amulet mounted on the wall of the Quest Hall and teleport to Draynor (instead of Edgeville) as the lag is much less at that bank due to the lower number of players there.

Also, don't forget to give your POH host a tip for generously allowing you to use his/her altar. They are doing it because they are nice people, not necessarily for the tips. I also try and find a host that does not allow gambling in their POH.

Hope this helps.

Web: Uncle Dano's RS Wiki | RS Hiscores: Uncle Dano

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2013, 9:32 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Mr Bistro
Thank you all so much guys, your keeping me from wasting a lot of time filling buckets! I will do the public house. Wish me luck!

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2013, 4:05 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Saint Aderes
Clan Name: Spirits of Arianwyn
Will eventually be going for this as well, so thanks for posting! The advice helps

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2013, 4:05 pm 
Bronze Member

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2013, 3:10 am 
BANNED

RS Name: imi
Darn. Wish I had an XBox 360 or PS3 so I could apply. But as of the moment, I'm only a PC gamer. Still, there's quite a few games I've played, though I'm sure there are many people here who would have no problem showing better qualifications for writing than me. Better switch over to that English major I've never really wanted. XD

PostPosted: November 24th, 2013, 6:53 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Touchpad Pro
Clan Name: Tmoa
I'd go for my own altar, but if you have no problem relying on others, I suppose public altars are fine. I just prefer relying on myself :)

PostPosted: June 28th, 2014, 7:36 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Sorensen57
Get it now that we have the amulet, it took me 3 amulets to get from 85-99