Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sxe Taco 60-99 Construction?
PostPosted: November 10th, 2011, 9:37 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Tacomergency
RS Status: P2P
As of late I've been trying to figure out what 99s I want next. So far I have decided
that mining will possibly be next. I would then get 99 smithing and magic via superheating. Then would come range, fishing and thieving. BUT- do u guys think that I should get 99 construction. Ofcourse it's one of the more expensive 99s, and I would need a lot of sacred clay hammers, but I think it's worth it. Please tell me what you guys think. (As of now, the prices on oak planks are outrageous, and I'm not making my own. So, it could be a few weeks before prices level out.)

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 10th, 2011, 9:37 pm 
Adamantite Member

Post subject: Re: Sxe Taco 60-99 Construction?
PostPosted: November 11th, 2011, 4:54 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Mercifull
Clan Name: Council of Elders
I took a look at your stats and I'm going to be blunt but please dont take offence. You are going down a similar route that a lot of people do after getting 99 in easy to achieve skills such as cooking, firemaking or fletching and start thinking that other 99s are equally as easy to achieve.

Are you fully aware of not only the cost in getting 99 smithing but also the time it takes to get it? A peek at the GE for the prices of gold and nature runes means it would cost you 68,233,339 gp to get to 99 con (you would also almost get 99 magic) assuming you use goldsmithing gauntlets. Whats the speed of superheats per hour?... somewhere around 2-2.5k superheats an hour? So it could take you around 80 hours of nonstop superheating... I think you might be underestimating how difficult that will be.

What would I do if I had your stats?... firstly I'd snag that last woodcutting level for 99 then I might try hunter. Now that the bots are gone the prices of chins has soared. From your level now to 99 you could sell those chins for 40m plus! Hunter is a fairly easy skill to level too. This will give you some money that you can use to spend on other skills. Focus perhaps on getting to 91 so that you can assist effigies in both construction and smithing.

But my last piece of advice is this...

Don't listen to me, or anyone else who tells you how to play! It's your game and play it the way YOU want to enjoy it :)

Edit:
I reread your post again and it specifically mentions construction. I recently purchased enough oak logs (at 21 gp each) to get to just before level 99 (I get 30k xp daily by assisting people so i have factored this in). I plan on starting stealing creation in a few weeks to get the 1,740 points I need.

My reccomendation to you is to go for the logs route and get your butler to send them to sawmill etc, it's a lot cheaper than just getting the planks ready cut from the grand exchange especially if youve done the quest which lowers the wages of the butler.

Just remember that as soon as you hit 91 con that you try to get the daily assistance exp from people in w117, this will save you a fortune. I would do enough stealing creation to get tge tools for 91 then get your con up to the level using up all your resources. Then I would go back to stealing creation remembering to get my assistance xp and then after a few days or weeks of stealing creation that "free" exp youve been getting will substantially lower the amount of points (tools) and logs that you need to get to 99. One week of giving assistance is 210,000 construction exp or 1750 less logs!

Last edited by Shane on November 11th, 2011, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please don't double post ;).

PostPosted: November 11th, 2011, 7:29 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Uncle Dano
Clan Name: Knights of Honour
I think construction is a great skill to train, even though it is expensive. It's a lot of fun too because you get to design your own little corner of RuneScape for others to enjoy as well.

My suggestion is that you work at construction to get to a level where you have all of the "useful" stuff in your POH... all of the teleportals, gilded altar, both lecterns, full workshop, mahogany telescope in your study to hunt shooting stars, costume room to store all of your stuff so that it frees up banks space. This level is somewhere in the low 80's I believe (can't remember). That will give you a fully functional POH that becomes a very valuable asset for playing the game. Don't worry too much about the extra fun stuff (dungeon, games room, etc.) as that can come later on when you have money to burn, as you probably will find that you won't use those rooms too much.

Set your goal to make your POH fully functional, but not over the top in way of extravagance. That truly is a realistic and wise Construction goal. If you would like to learn from other's mistakes (which are really costly) please take a look at my POH design that I have posted on my Wiki page. It will save you millions in the long run if you have a perfected house design first, then build it as you go along training. That way you won't have to rennovate later on to get the house you really want. My POH is designed for maximum use and efficiency for a variety of different activities. The link is here: Uncle Dano's POH Design.

Good luck and most of all have fun with the opportunity to be creative.

Web: Uncle Dano's RS Wiki | RS Hiscores: Uncle Dano

PostPosted: November 11th, 2011, 9:52 am 

RS Name: j1j2j3
99 fishing
best AFK skill EVER!

PostPosted: November 11th, 2011, 2:59 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: StarMilgauss
Good luck

PostPosted: November 12th, 2011, 10:05 am 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Tacomergency
Well, because I am mining the ore myself, I will make profit. I will make them into bracelets after for 92 crafting. I do know how long it takes, don't worry.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 12th, 2011, 10:05 am 
Adamantite Member

PostPosted: November 15th, 2011, 4:17 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Jamandy52
Clan Name: 1elitesc / Jamandy52
I want to wish you luck. Mining and construction are two of the funnest skills there are.

Are you planning to use sc tools or just do it on your own?