Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Herblore Habitat
PostPosted: November 4th, 2011, 3:06 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Addiv
RS Status: P2P
Any tips on getting started at Herblore Habitat? Juju pots look extremely useful.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 4th, 2011, 3:06 pm 
Runite Member

Post subject: Re: Herblore Habitat
PostPosted: November 4th, 2011, 7:03 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
I'm not sure how much you know about it already, or if you have done any yet so I'll give the essentials from my experience.

If you plan on catching each type of jadinko, you need to bring:
  • Coins to buy the plant traps, noose wand and flower seeds
  • Banana, Apple, Orange seeds
  • Plant pot (leprechaun is there for other farming tools)
  • Hatchet to chop down fruit tree

All the other seeds are gotten from catching the jadinkos, so to get started you just need to start catching the jadinkos you can. The best option at the beginning would be catching diseased jadinkos because they can give you any type of seed, and you need their corrupt vine to create juju hunter potions which are needed to be poured on the flower patch to catch some other types of jadinkos. To attract these, you need a banana tree planted, and a boneyard built in the habitat and then you do the tracking to the south. If you get a good collection of corrupt vines but not many seeds, it would probably be worth switching to common jadinkos to the north caught by the plant traps because they can be caught much faster yielding a better chance of receiving seeds.

Catching one of every normal jadinko is necessary for 2 weeks to get the witchdoctor robes camo and you must catch all the god jadinkos once to get the mask. The god jadinkos are different every week so you have to cycle through all the combinations of different things to put in each of the patches that matter (flower, bush, tree, and habitat) till you get a message saying they have been attracted. Having nothing in one of these patches is also a possible solution to finding how to attract the god jadinkos, so be aware of that before switching between things too fast, especially the bush because those seeds are harder to come by from the jadinkos. To attract god jadinkos, the flower patch must also be treated with hunter potion.

Other than getting the witchdoctor set, it's not useful to catch most types of jadinkos because the bonus xp you get for doing it is not worth it. The only potions really worth getting in my view are the farming, mining, and hunter potions.

PostPosted: November 4th, 2011, 10:28 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Addiv
TY. I haven't done any of this yet so it's all useful information.

PostPosted: November 5th, 2011, 12:38 am 

RS Name: j1j2j3
i did not know about the hunter potion mike. although i got 78 hunter by trapping the amphibians. spent the whole day on that

PostPosted: November 11th, 2011, 4:12 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: TheLion
Initially I mostly focused on doing the Igneous jadinko's so I could make lot's of farming potions. Now I mostly do Carrion jadkino's whenever I am trying to get strange rocks for the hunter skill. I have thousands of the Pungent vine's you get from the Carrion's. They are especially useful to farming, since they act as a supercompost item, and they are stackable, so you can take a huge stack with you on farming run's, just in case you need to refill your compost bin.

I only did a complete round once, and got on epiece of witchdoctor clothing. I just havn't been motivated to try to get the other two pieces of the set. Eventually I will get them just to fill up that spot in Armour Case of my Costume Room in my house, lol.