Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fletching help
PostPosted: June 6th, 2011, 7:23 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Dezik
RS Status: P2P
Can anyone of you help me with getting 99 fletching? I just got 80 and was wondering if there was anything better than yew longbows. Thanks!

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: June 6th, 2011, 7:23 pm 
Bronze Member

Post subject: Re: Fletching help
PostPosted: June 6th, 2011, 7:50 pm 
Iron Member

RS Name: Ascensia
RS Status: P2P
Mithril bolts can be pretty good. (I remember seeing on a video that they were around 400k exp per hour, although, I can not confirm this.)
The best way to do this would be to buy the unfinished mithril bolts and feathers from GE.
right now mithril bolts (unf) are 113 ea. feathers are 17 ea. and Mithril bolts are 119 ea.

That means a loss of 11 gp per bolt atm, which is too expensive.
However, I also noticed that the GE graphs for mithril bolts (unf) and mithril bolts constantly go up and down.
In theory, you could buy materials low and sell the product high. maybe even make a profit...

From your current experience to 99 you would need to make 2,209,658 mithril bolts (not as bad as it sounds, 2 left clicks = 10 bolts)
so that means if you lose 1gp per bolt it will cost you 2.2m for 99, and if it costs you 10 gp per bolt it will cost 22m for 99.

It also worth noting that mithril bolts (unf) will probably take a long time to buy.

If this all seems like too much of a hassle, then I'd just stick with yew longs.

Last edited by Ascensia on June 6th, 2011, 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Fletching help
PostPosted: June 6th, 2011, 7:53 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bonsai99
RS Status: Retired
I suggest you stick to yew longbows, good xp and you make money if you string them (last time I checked) If you want it to go faster I suggest you get some sacred clay fletching knives.