Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fire Cape Attempt
PostPosted: January 16th, 2011, 7:47 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Kurtinss
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Surreal
I've been thinking about going after the fire cape, and wanted a few tips. Think this setup would suffice for completing all waves?
Also, I have 82 Strength, Defense, and Attack. With 74 range and 60 prayer. And those are rune arrows just FYI.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 16th, 2011, 7:47 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: Fire Cape Attempt
PostPosted: January 16th, 2011, 7:52 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Scotland DIY
RS Status: Old School (2007)
For ranged use a cross bow with diamond/ruby bolts with an Unholy Book in your shield slot.
If you can afford it, use only super restores and a few brews.
Restores give more prayer potions pr dose, so it allows you to use more spots for food.
And since they are super restores you can use Brews instead of rocktail.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2011, 9:03 pm 
Runite Member

RS Status: Classic
Lol your gonna lose alot of arrows withOut ava's.. Go with doglvrs tips too. I really don't like the guthans set ups but if you like it then just go with our advise with the crossbow/bolts/brew|restores/and avas

PostPosted: January 16th, 2011, 10:37 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
I agree with turt, I don't like Guthans for fight caves either. Even doing it at like 70 range without guthans I had plenty of leftover supplies by the end. Definitely use an accumulator imo and you I think you really should use a rune xbow. And yeah probably should use brews + super restores instead
When I tried last I took 6 brews 2 range pots and then 6 super restores and rest prayer pots because of poorness... I was told that I should do all restores instead but I don't really know.. I think restores only restore 1 prayer more? Didn't seem worth it to me. Maybe I'm wrong.

I don't really think diamond or ruby bolts are necessary, rather broad bolts... maybe bring diamond for jad

If you are going to go ringless it never hurts to put in a ring of recoil... not that good but it's not nothing XD
Oh yeah explorers ring has a small pray bonus

I wore a god coif idk if thats better than prossy helm but thats because i was too poor for verac helm but i did have verac skirt lol. I don't know if you have them but barrow RFD gloves would be better than vambs.
And I wore blessed dhide idk if that gave any sort of advantage or how much it costed XD I remember thinking it would have a prayer bonus but I don't think it did lmfao.. You can look for lend of armadyl chest plate maybe too..