Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Can't get Webpages to Load/Display properly.
PostPosted: April 12th, 2014, 9:26 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Pawscape
It Started a few days ago.

I can't get web pages to load or display properly, including images and such.
It took forever just to get on this page. Often I lag out or have to refresh multiple times to get a connection to go through.

I don't think it's FULLY my Internet connection since playing mmo's through clients aren't ALWAYS effected but sometimes I can't even get that to work.

I tried different web browsers and clearing my cache. But neither has helped.

About started when I upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 but since I'm not really a tech person, unsure if that may be related or not.

Not the first time I had problems with my internet being reliable, it wasn't that long ago that I went to my internet's provider and had them switch out my box because IC kept failing, wanted to ask here if it may be something else before they get another angry visit from me. Why pay for internet if it only works half the time? (even less these last few days, how I'm getting this post in is a miracle)

Here are some pictures to help show some problems.

The first picture *Can't display Web Site* I was actually on Runescape at the very same time through client, like I said, it's not always my internet connection that results in failed web pages.

The 2nd picture showcase how pages like Facebook and Netflix, at time when I can get them to load, the pictures themselves don't like to display.

Any ideas? Would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, when I click on the "Fix connection problem" it always come up as *can't find a solution*
When it's my box acting up it use to always come back as "DNS unresponsive"

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 12th, 2014, 9:26 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: Can't get Webpages to Load/Display properly.
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2014, 10:55 am 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
I'm not sure what the problem is, but there's a few more troubleshooting steps you can try.

Try resetting your modem + router. Unplug the power from both in any order you'd like. Wait 30 seconds, maybe up to 10 minutes if you don't mind the wait. Plug the modem in first. Be sure that all of the lights, specifically Uplink+downlink or something similar, are on before you plug in your router. Then lastly, of course, plug in your router and wait for the correct lights to come on (likely Internet [which just verifies that something is plugged into that port], and perhaps a power light and one other). Then try to use your computer as you normally would.

Is your computer connected via wired or wireless to your network?

When you are having issues with websites loading, are you able to ping various websites? The next time it happens, open command prompt and type in " ping google.com -t ", or substitute google.com for any other site. Perhaps even ping your router or modem if you are aware of those addresses. If the pings to your router/modem vary wildly (ie: time=1ms time=200ms time=800ms time=50ms time=1ms), you likely have an issue with your local network. Similarly, if those pings are fine and you're getting variation in your pings to the outside world, there might be an issue with something between your house and the outside network.