Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Finder
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 4:48 pm 
BANNED

RS Name: firering401
RS Status: F2P
Keeps randomly relaunching itself. I tried rebooting. I notice because every 30 seconds or so, the icons on the desktop disappear and reappear.

Anyone else having this issue? I have the following theories

- I am being followed by some 3 letter agency, and they are systematically trying to drive me insane by killing my finder repeatedly.
- Google drive is **** something up.
- A prerelease dropbox is **** something up.
- Something is **** up because I deleted a bunch of large cache files(?)
- GEESUS?

Help pl0x?

OSX Lion latest version.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 4:48 pm 
BANNED

Post subject: Re: Finder
PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 7:11 am 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
Since you're talking about pre-release software, I'd look there first. Google Drive would have similarly been installed recently, so that too is a viable option. I know that on Windows, Dropbox will stop and restart Explorer whenever it is installed. I can't remember if it did that or not on my Mac, but it is a possibility. Try to disable Dropbox / Google Drive / other items in the Login Items preference pane, and perhaps you can diagnose it from there.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 2:03 pm 
BANNED

Pfkninenines wrote:
Since you're talking about pre-release software, I'd look there first. Google Drive would have similarly been installed recently, so that too is a viable option. I know that on Windows, Dropbox will stop and restart Explorer whenever it is installed. I can't remember if it did that or not on my Mac, but it is a possibility. Try to disable Dropbox / Google Drive / other items in the Login Items preference pane, and perhaps you can diagnose it from there.

that seems to be the problem. but it wasn't a problem before I deleted those cache files.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 4:41 pm 

RS Name: Silverwiz9
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: RsbandbStaff
Dropbox's cache files, or cache files from elsewhere? Dropbox cache files are generally safe to delete. Others, it's hard to say.

Either way, it sounds like you know when the issue started, and have an idea of what could be causing it. It's just some troubleshooting / trial and error on your part to find out what exactly is giving you problems.

PostPosted: May 12th, 2012, 4:37 pm 
BANNED

Pfkninenines wrote:
Dropbox's cache files, or cache files from elsewhere? Dropbox cache files are generally safe to delete. Others, it's hard to say.

Either way, it sounds like you know when the issue started, and have an idea of what could be causing it. It's just some troubleshooting / trial and error on your part to find out what exactly is giving you problems.

It was google drive. Fixed it. Only thing is now it doesn't show the check for sync.. (Don't really care though).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » Off-Topic » Non-RuneScape Discussion » Troubleshooting » Finder Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]