Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Limitless Pill: Evo (E-Huperzine)
PostPosted: April 11th, 2014, 9:42 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Arrkain
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Overloaded XP
I don't know how many of you have seen the movie Limitless, but I stumbled across this article today. It's worth a read and I was wondering what everyone's' thoughts were.

http://mylifeandhealth.com-26.info/brai ... tural-evo/index.html

EDIT: LINK FIXED

| Combat - 138 | Total - 2695+ | Overall XP - 612m+ |
| RuneWire | My Twitter | My YouTube | My Twitch |
~17,365th to Max
51515 -> 22216
Image Image

Last edited by Davo on April 29th, 2014, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 11th, 2014, 9:42 am 
Chat Moderator

Post subject: Re: The Limitless Pill: Evo (E-Huperzine)
PostPosted: April 13th, 2014, 4:29 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
404 error. Might wanna fix that link.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: April 29th, 2014, 8:42 am 
Chat Moderator

Sorry about that. The link should be fixed now. :oops:

~17,365th to Max
51515 -> 22216
Image Image

PostPosted: April 29th, 2014, 10:48 am 
Rsbandb Donor

TBH, it does sound too good to be true. Seems more like an advert than an actual report. I did see the movie and the idea is intriguing. I do have to wonder immediately what possible side effects there could be to such a drug. We always try to improve things with the body, but sometimes are body isn't meant to handle more or work more efficiently. Enhancing the brain could lead to some serious issues. If your brain is more awake and aware, would you ever get a chance to sleep? Would you be able to control how much you thought? Would you use this brain power for good reasons or bad ones? It's always best to err on the side of caution when tampering with the body. From my own perspective, I think the body is pretty darn good at what it does and how it was made. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

RSBandB Member #517
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: April 30th, 2014, 7:08 am 
Chat Moderator

I agree. It's all very interesting to say the least. And it makes one wonder if there are side effects like in the movie. Could one become addicted in the sense that the brain functions less than normally after stopping the drug after a month of continuous use? All of these testosterone gels and supplements came onto the market fairly recently, and I'm already seeing class action lawsuits against these companies for defects and complications these fairly-harmless substances cause. It makes you wonder and provides a great topic for debate and discussion.

~17,365th to Max
51515 -> 22216
Image Image

PostPosted: May 1st, 2014, 4:09 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Well, in general, I think there should be a "buyer beware" warning on any type of drug. In other words, common sense. Most of these things are tested on animals, but typically it is unknown what type of effect it will have on humans especially in the long term. Although there should be protections, consumers should be smart and avoid things that sound too good to be true. Some people will go ahead and buy this or that product and that's fine. I don't think the company should be responsible for a personal choice. Consumers need to be smart and be careful with the things they put into their body.

RSBandB Member #517

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 1st, 2014, 4:09 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: May 4th, 2014, 3:53 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
article is total crap.

Here is your doctor
http://www.amazon.com/Biohair-Capsules- ... tarian/dp/B0067PMPDC

Now what is a neurologist doing with balding medication?

Also with all supplements, always read the fine detail.
"These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."

here are the "sources" that they used to justify their pill.
Code:
1. Markham KR, Campos M. 7- and 8-o-methylherbacetin-3-o-sophorosides from bee pollens and some structure/activity observations. Phytochemistry 1996;43:763-7.         
2. Buck AC, et al. Treatment of outflow tract obstruction due to benign prostatic hyperplasia with the pollen extract Cernilton, a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Br J Urol 1990;66:398-404.
3. Furusawa E, et al. Antitumor potential of pollen extract on Lewis lung carcinoma implanted intraperitoneally in syngenic mice. Phytother Res 1995;9:255-9.
4. Ceglecka M, et al. Effect of pollen extracts on prolonged poisoning of rats with organic solvents. Phytother Res 1991:5;245-9.
5. Somal NA, et al. Susceptibility of Helicobacter pylori to the antibacterial activity of manuka honey. J Royal Soc Med 1994;87:9-12.
6. Mirzoeva OK, Calder PC. The effect of propolis and its components on eicosanoid production during the inflammatory response. Prostagland Leukot Essent Fatty Acid 1996;55:441-9.
7. Cheng PC, Wong G. Honey bee propolis: prospects in medicine. Bee World 1996;77:8-14.
8. Fernstrom JD. Can nutrient supplements modify brain function? Am J Clin Nutr. 2000;71(6 Suppl):1669S-1675S.
9. Hoffman JR, Ratamess NA, Gonzalez A, Beller NA, Hoffman MW, Olson M, Purpura M, Jäger R. The effects of acute and prolonged CRAM supplementation on reaction time and subjective measures of focus and alertness in healthy college students. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2010 Dec 15;7:39.
10. Meyers S. Use of neurotransmitter precursors for treatment of depression. Altern Med Rev. 2000;5(1):64-71.
11. Poustie VJ, Rutherford P. Tyrosine supplementation for phenylketonuria. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2000;(2):CD001507.
12. Webster D, Wildgoose J. Tyrosine supplementation for phenylketonuria. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010 Aug 4;(8):CD001507. Review.

1. You're eating pollen
2. eating pollen
3. eating more pollen
4 wow more pollen
5. eating honey
6. Propolis is a resinous mixture that honey bees make
7. o eating more honey
8. from abstract "Typically, these nutrients have been given in doses above those believed to be required for normal health; after they have been given in pure form, unanticipated adverse effects have occasionally occurred. If this pharmacologic practice is to continue, it is important from a public safety standpoint that each nutrient be examined for potential toxicities so that appropriate purity standards can be developed and the risks weighed against the benefits when considering their use." stuff isn't pure but how much of the stuff is actually in it?
9. Results indicate that acute ingestion of CRAM can maintain reaction time, and subjective feelings of focus and alertness to both visual and auditory stimuli in healthy college students following exhaustive exercise. However, some habituation may occur following 4-weeks of supplementation.
10. yeah, it's also called Limbetrol and other antidepressants
11 and 12. "From the available evidence no recommendations can be made about whether tyrosine supplementation should be introduced into routine clinical practice. Further randomised controlled studies are required to provide more evidence." Common Nutritional knowledge that those who are allergic to PKU, tyrosine eaten from food will turn into Penylo for the body to use.

So you want to improve your memory, drink a good tea, and add honey every morning.