Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Psychics
PostPosted: November 9th, 2013, 5:20 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Pawscape
Do you believe that some people have "the gift"?
(whatever that means)

Well yesterday my mother with work friends went to a psychic reading. Some reason she brought my name up.
She told me what the psychic sees in my future,

Apparently I have to move out of state to find happiness. To Massachusetts to be exact. That I'm going to get a job in computers and 10 years down the line, I'll be living in Japan.
Now as my usual smart *** type I responded to her "by works in computers.. she really means I will be selling them as a Walmart clerk"

Seems more legit, so guess my question, are you a believer?
Have you ever had a reading done?

(I really wish my mom hadn't brought my name and life into the picture...)
:|

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: November 9th, 2013, 5:20 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: Psychics
PostPosted: November 9th, 2013, 6:19 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
No, I don't believe psychics. Often, I think they stick to broad generalizations and vagueness than actual specifics. I suppose a psychic may seem accurate if what they say comes true, but that's only coincidental. I think also there is something to be said for a person thinking a psychic may be right and unknowingly follow that path in life and end up exactly where a psychic says they will. For example, if a parent told a kid that they were going to grow up to be someone important, or more specifically be a fireman or police officer, the kid may find that idea appealing and make it happen. Looking back, they may think that their parents saw something in them at a young age that eventually came true, but really, the kid took inspiration from what they said and ended up becoming that. That seems more likely than someone seeing into the future.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: November 11th, 2013, 6:23 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: imacp53
Clan Name: Rsbandb
I don't believe it at all, take a look at James Randi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9w7jHYriFo he destroys all that claim they have "supernatural powers." Also to anyone who watched this video, even though he explains it I cannot understand what he did at 4:30

PostPosted: November 12th, 2013, 7:14 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
I believe Penn Jellet said it best "If psychics can see the future, and knew that 9/11 was coming, they should go to jail".

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » Off-Topic » Non-RuneScape Discussion » Psychics Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]