Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: well he dead
PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 9:30 am 

RS Name: j1j2j3
RS Status: P2P
Libyan Dictator Moammar Gadhafi Is Dead, Libya's Prime Minister Says

http://news.yahoo.com/libyan-dictator-m ... ister-122438217.html

Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi, the most wanted man in the world, has been killed, Libyan Prime Minister Mahmoud Jibril said today.

The flamboyant tyrant who terrorized his country and much of the world during his 42 years of despotic rule was reportedly cornered by insurgents in the town of Sirte, where Gadhafi had been born and a stronghold of his supporters.

"We have been waiting for this moment for a long time. Moammar Gadhafi has been killed," Jibril said at a news conference in Tripoli.

He added that the rebel government will wait until later today or Friday to officially declare what it calls a state of liberation.

The National Transition Council earlier today said that its fighters found and shot Gadhafi in Sirte, which finally fell to the rebels today after weeks of tough fighting. Rebels now control the entire country.

Word of Gadhafi's death triggered celebrations in the streets of Tripoli with insurgent fighters waving their weapons and dancing jubilantly.

The White House and NATO said they were unable to confirm reports of his death.

Al Jazeera aired video of what appeared to be the dead leader, which showed Gadhafi lying in a pool of blood in the street, shirtless, and surrounded by people.

Libya's Information Minister Mahmoud Shammam told the Associated Press that Gadhafi was in a convoy when he was attacked by rebels.

NATO said that its jet fighters struck a convoy of Gadhafi's loyalists fleeing Sirte this morning, but could not confirm that Gadhafi was in the convoy, the Associated Press reported.

Well time to go over there and build a mcdonlad and help corporate america.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 9:30 am 

Post subject: Re: well he dead
PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 11:15 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Oh good. Perhaps we can leave now and not sod about for 10 years rebuilding **** we blew up.

Apparently we have no money and I'm buggered if i don't accept cuts to my way of life. Well cut invading **** poor countrys for stupid reasons like helping people.

If we're going to Invade a country lets target a place like France. Easy target and much more worthwhile than a place like libya.

It's also very selfish of the libyan people. The guy was clearly in our pocket. Now they've gone and ruined it by fighting back and we'll get some nutter in charge who's not as easily bought.

PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 12:12 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Pennstate315
Hopefully they can start a democracy with all the freedoms were accustomed too. I wish them the best and hope someone like the Muslim Brotherhood doesn't gain power.

Black Member 2-6-10

PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 2:26 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Love how they have no problem putting the footage up. It's like we Americans are afraid we might offend somebody. These guys are like "LIBYA, F*** YA!" Or something like that. Glad they finally got him.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 5:18 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
Duke Juker wrote:
Love how they have no problem putting the footage up. It's like we Americans are afraid we might offend somebody. These guys are like "LIBYA, F*** YA!" Or something like that. Glad they finally got him.

My thoughts exactly. I'm glad that video came out, shows the realities of war. Should have done the same with Bin Laden.

All in all a good thing, mission accomplished, I imagine the rebels just need to put out brushfires now. Iran next please?

PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 7:37 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: StarMilgauss
We will probably be discussing tis in ap comparative politics tomorrow!

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 7:37 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: October 20th, 2011, 10:32 pm 

i say libya will either collapse creating another ruthless government, or be a new haven for terroriest

PostPosted: October 21st, 2011, 11:36 am 
Rsbandb Donor

trekkie wrote:
i say libya will either collapse creating another ruthless government, or be a new haven for terroriest

That's the spirit. Glad there's only good outcomes. :roll:

RSBandB Member #517
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: October 24th, 2011, 12:26 am 

On the contrary Duke. I always hope for the best.
Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... for-Islamic-law.html

Libya's interim leader outlined more radical plans to introduce Islamic law than expected as he declared the official liberation of the country.

Mustafa Abdul-Jalil, the chairman of the National Transitional Council and de fact president, had already declared that Libyan laws in future would have Sharia, the Islamic code, as its "basic source".

But that formulation can be interpreted in many ways - it was also the basis of Egypt's largely secular constitution under President Hosni Mubarak, and remains so after his fall.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2011, 6:03 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: Evalithia
Islamic Law most likely means no womens' rights but I'm still happy with their successes in their revolution. It all comes down to if the people elect the right person.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2011, 2:27 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Just let it be imo. Whatever happens happens. I'm tired of this governmental interference by the US, Europe, or any other countries. Remember, there is no law against being stupid. If these people put in someone stupid, let them suffer until they get the point. That's honestly my take. As long as Libya doesn't affect us or harm us, what's the point of interfering?

RSBandB Member #517

PostPosted: October 24th, 2011, 5:20 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
Duke Juker wrote:
Just let it be imo. Whatever happens happens. I'm tired of this governmental interference by the US, Europe, or any other countries. Remember, there is no law against being stupid. If these people put in someone stupid, let them suffer until they get the point. That's honestly my take. As long as Libya doesn't affect us or harm us, what's the point of interfering?

Exactly. The talk of the new regime imposing sharia law is just plain unsettling. I'm of the opinion that intervention should only be undertaken if something horrible is going on, like genocide. It's not the job of the western world to play police officer for under developed/middle east countries. If that's going to be the idea why wasn't help given to Iran given the fact their leader is more brutal.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 6:32 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Magicking
I don't think the west would risk helping the people of Iran because all of the leaders know that Iran is much stronger than Libya or Egypt ever was and it would mean almost certain war... And we're quite sure Iran has nukes, and you know what happens when a leader knows he's going to lose his power: he'll do ANYTHING. He'll just drop the nukes on whatever countries invaded him and all hell would break loose.

I didn't mean to get of on a tangent there, but I had to say that since Shane brought it up. I think the UN will be up in arms over a new government following Sharia law, because they feel that they have a chance to stop them before they truly get into power. If they do think that, this could be another Iraq with a puppet government set up until the "correct" leader steps in. We all know how western politics work. :|

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » Off-Topic » Non-RuneScape Discussion » well he dead Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]