Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
Rate This Update
5 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
4 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 1
 Post subject: Yak To Basics and Ninja Strike 20!
PostPosted: March 1st, 2021, 4:38 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
RuneScape.com wrote:
This week in RuneScape, there's a brand new Yak Track to embark upon and the Ninjas have turned their attention to low-level Slayer!

Yak Track: Yak to Basics

Ahh, remember those humble days when you first stepped into the world of Gielinor? Baking cakes... murdering hapless goblins en masse... desperately trying to avoid the dark wizards outside Varrock... good times, right? Makes me wish we could go back to basics - or is that 'Yak to Basics'?

Yes, a new Yak Track is here for our 20th Anniversary Celebrations, and it's filled with goodies celebrating the very best of RuneScape's early days.

We're sure you're all aware of how Yak Track works by now, but just in case, here's a reminder: you'll speak to Tim and Crunchy in Burthorpe, who need your help to check off a few odd jobs. For each task you complete, you'll receive a reward! You'll choose between two tasks at each tier, and if you don't fancy either of them you can use a Task Skip token to, well, skip it.

In addition, you'll notice that there are two tracks to follow. Everyone can play the Free Track, which is filled with exciting rewards like Pinchy, the questionably adorable giant scorpion pet, who you'll meet at Tier 30.

However, there are even cooler rewards on the Premium Track, which contains such delights as the Tower Archmage Outfit at Tier 35.

Make it all the way to Tier 50 on the Premium Track, and you'll get your very own Crunchy pet and a Tim Costume to match! Now that's what we call iconic.

Premier Club members will get free access to the Premium Track for the duration of their remaining membership - but if you missed the boat on that one, don't panic! You can still grab a Premier Pass for 2 Bonds and hop on board.

Oh, and before we forget - there's a new task this time around! You can now be asked to gain Hunter XP, which will let you use Big Game Hunter to progress alongside more traditional methods. It works a bit like the Archaeology and revamped Construction tasks!

We've also introduced 'Gain XP' tasks for Slayer and Dungeoneering.

We can't wait to see you all swanning about in your nostalgic gear - so go on, get yourselves to Burthorpe and start checking off those tasks!
Ninja Strike 20: Slayer for Dummies!

Ka-pow! The Ninjas are back again this week and this time they're stalking one of RuneScape's most iconic skills: Slayer!

Now, we all love a task or two before teatime, but as per your suggestions, it's clear that certain aspects of Slayer could be improved - and this week, they have been! Let's have a look:

Slayer Masters

First up, there's a new Slayer master in town! You can find Jacquelyn, who's just passed her formal Slayer master certification, in Lumbridge. You may recognise Jacquelyn from her former gig as the Slayer skill tutor - and rest assured, she's more than qualified to hand out tasks around the Lumbridge area. No longer will low-level slayers have to traipse all over Gielinor to complete their tasks - they'll be right on their Slayer master's doorstep.

In other Slayer master news, Mazchna and Vannaka have switched places in the pecking order, so that newer players don't have to navigate the swamps of Morytania before they get their slay on.

To reflect this change, Vannaka will now assign tasks to players of level 30 combat and above, and Mazchna will work with players of level 50 combat and above. Their task lists have changed to accommodate their new level bandings.

Vannaka's also finally moved out of the Edgeville Dungeon, and has now taken up residence in the ruins just south of the Edgeville Bank. Oh, and Mandrith has joined him as his new roomie! Hey, you would not believe how high the rent is since they rebuilt this place.

Lastly, Turael and Spria have agreed to make things easier for new players by only assigning them tasks in the Burthorpe and Taverley area. Watch out, Squiggles.

Oh, and all Slayer masters will now point you in the direction of someone more appropriate for your level if they're unable to give you a task.

Low Level Slayer Tasks

We've made various changes to low level Slayer tasks to make them feel a bit more enjoyable. First up, we've moved in a group of black bears next to the Body Altar west of Gunnarsgrunn (also known as the Barbarian Village).

Secondly, a group of crocodiles to the east of Sophanem have had their HP cut in half to bring them in line with their combat level.

Monster Fixes

Monsters are tricky beasts, and a fair few were not behaving as anticipated. But not to worry - the Ninjas have sorted them out. Moss and fire giants are once again using melee to attack and are weak to fire and water spells, respectively.

Improved Teletab Creation

The Ninjas have had a tinker with the higher tier lecterns, and creating Teleport tablets is now one server cycle faster for each tier of lectern. And you won't forget, because the Examine text has been updated to reflect this change.

Kingdom Reward Interface

Those of you who've been managing Miscellania will be pleased to see that it now uses the standard Reward interface, from which you can bank, take, or abandon items as you see fit.

But that's not all! Check out the Patch Notes to see everything the Ninjas have been up to this time.

The RuneScape Team

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: March 1st, 2021, 4:38 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: Yak To Basics and Ninja Strike 20!
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2021, 10:43 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
Clan Name: Pawscape
All hail Tim & Crunchy . It's fabulous to see them. Takes me back and makes me giddy .
As far ask tasks go , it's nice to see more *Skill and Kill* options . I only ever completed Task50, once.

I took a lot of heat for this on Twitter... but I hope the higher tier rewards don't wind up on Oddments Store for next to nothing.

Post subject: Re: Yak To Basics and Ninja Strike 20!
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2021, 11:38 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Jamandy52
Clan Name: 1elitesc / Jamandy52
Sunset Fish wrote:
All hail Tim & Crunchy . It's fabulous to see them. Takes me back and makes me giddy .
As far ask tasks go , it's nice to see more *Skill and Kill* options . I only ever completed Task50, once.

I took a lot of heat for this on Twitter... but I hope the higher tier rewards don't wind up on Oddments Store for next to nothing.

I couldn't agree with you more!

I'm looking forward to this yak trak :)