Post subject: Ninja Strike 11: Lunar Spellbook
PostPosted: September 24th, 2020, 4:09 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
RS Status: P2P
RuneScape.com wrote:
This week in RuneScape, we're going absolutely loony for the Lunar Spellbook, playing with Penguins and setting out on a Yak Track! Read on for all the details...

Kerapac Track - 17.45 BST, 21/09/20: We are aware of an issue impacting some users that can cause a crash when opening the latest Yak Track event. The team are investigating the situation and aim to implement a fix as soon as possible tomorrow.

We don't know what the Ninjas have been learning in that Dojo of theirs, but this week they've been slinging spells as well as shuriken! Let's take a look at their work on the Lunar Spellbook.

Ninja Strike 11: Lunar Spellbook

To kick things off, the Ninjas have worked with the Moon Clan's finest mages to create four new Lunar Spells. If you've already got the Lunar Spellbook unlocked, these will be available to you as soon as you get the required Magic levels.
New Spell: Sift Soil
This nifty sifting spell will allow to you screen soil accrued during your archaeological adventures without trudging back to the Archaeology Guild to use the Screening Station.

This spell requires level 91 Magic, 10 Water Runes, 5 Earth Runes and 1 Astral Rune to cast.
New Spell: Trap Telekinesis
Aren't you tired of nearly putting your back out bending down to pick up traps every five seconds? Well, we've got just the spell for you! Trap Telekinesis will allow you to reset your Hunter traps without you even having to move.

This spell requires level 97 Magic, 5 Air Runes, 1 Law Rune and 2 Astral Runes to cast.
New Spell: Fire Urns
This spell does exactly what it says on the tin - it lets you fire decorated and infernal urns without the need for a pottery oven. After that just pop in your runes and your urns are good to go!

This spell requires 82 Magic, 5 Water Runes, 5 Earth Runes, 10 Fire Runes and 1 Astral Rune to cast.
New Spell: Telekinetic Grind
No, it's not a skate trick. This gnarly spell will let you grind anything you could grind with a pestle and mortar using nothing but your MIND! It works on up to 60 items at once. Aside from being a great icebreaker at parties, this spell will also help you train Herblore.

This spell requires 85 Magic, 2 Astral Runes and 1 Law Rune to cast.
New: Lunar Teletabs
Those of you who own a lectern for your Player Owned House will now also be able to craft teleport tablets for all the Lunar Teleport spells. Happy travels!

Now on to the main bulk of this week's update: improving the older spells!
Remote Farm
The Remote Farm interface has been completely overhauled to be more usable, readable, and user friendly.

As you can see, patches are now separated by category for easier navigation, and some of them indicate the compass direction they face in. Rather excitingly, the interface now includes the Tuai Leit berry patches, as well as the Money Tree patch.

You'll also notice that different patch states are now colour-coded, so you can tell at a glance which of your veggies are in need of some Plant Cure.

Keen farmers will be especially overjoyed to find that they are now able to cast the Fertile Soil spell via this same interface, leaving them with more time to get on with weeding and whatnot.

Finally, those speedy Ninjas have deftly cut down on the amount of time it takes to actually open the interface after casting the spell.

Well, those are the highlights! For a full list of this strike's tweaks and changes, be sure to check out the Patch Notes tab. See you there!
Make Leather
Make Leather will now tan all hides of the same type in your backpack at once, without having to cast the spell multiple times. Accordingly, you'll notice that this spell no longer uses the Make-x system.
Tune Banite Ore
Now you can cast this spell on banite rocks to mine monster-specific ore directly from the rock! To do so, you'll need an item related to the type of bane ore you're after, either in your backpack or mounted on the wall of your Player Owned House. This spell will be applied to every banite rock in the area for precisely two minutes. The appropriate runes will be consumed each time you mine an ore. Boosts and buffs such as those associated with Signs of the Porter or Juju Potions will work.

Of course, should you prefer to do things the old-fashioned way, the spell still retains its original function.
Superglass Make
The grammar might be dodgy but Superglass Make is now more useful than ever, granting you the mystical ability to turn crystal-flecked sandstone and red sandstone into crystal and robust glass at the click of a button, provided that you've completed 'As a First Resort'.

You'll also notice that the previous spell icon has been replaced with something a bit more illustrative, and the tooltip now specifies that the spell has a chance to create extra pieces of molten glass.

Lastly, we've removed the movement/action delay that occurred after casting Superglass Make, which should make getting on with things a bit easier!

Kerapac Track

Yak Track is back and this time it's brimming with DRAGONKIN! Venture onto a brand new track featuring dragonkin-themed cosmetic rewards to earn and, for the first time ever, Lore Tasks!

Never played Yak Track before? No worries! Here's the rundown:

From today until November 2nd, when you log in you'll be presented with a list of tasks. For each one you complete, you'll advance a step on the Yak Track and earn yourself a prize!

Although the prizes on the free Yak Track are obtainable by everyone, if you purchase a Premier Pass you can unlock even better rewards, including your very own Mechanayak friend! If you're not ready to commit up front, you're free to wait until you've got into the swing of things, because the Premier Pass unlocks all the rewards from every tier you've passed so far.

To get started with the Kerapac Track, make your way to Burthorpe where you'll see the Mechanayak waiting for you. Have a word with him and he'll set you off on your journey!
Lore Tasks
Since this Yak Track is so entwined with the Elder Gods Storyline, we thought you might enjoy completing some tasks that will bring you closer to the lore. When you complete these tasks, you won't just get a sweet item for your collection - you'll also get to learn more about characters like Hannibus, Thok and Charos.

And don't worry - if you find yourself unable to complete these tasks before the Kerapac Track closes on November 2nd, you'll still be able to revisit all the lore tasks after the fact, without missing out on any of the juicy details.

Now, shall we take a look at those rewards?
Rewards
The Kerapac Track is jam-packed with rewards inspired by the dragonkin and the Elder Gods storyline. Here's a sneak preview of just a few of them.

Mechanayak

Tired of fuzzy yaks moulting all over your stuff? Then the Mechanayak is the guy for you! You'll get to take him home at Tier 50 of the Premium Track.

Thok Hand-Me-Downs

Starting from Tier 6, you can receive Thok's Hand-Me-Down weapons and armour parts. Can you collect the full set?

Stasis Armour

This awesome dragonkin-inspired armour unlocks at Tier 50 of the Premium Track. Do you have what it takes to claim it for yourself?

Thok's War Bunny

At Tier 10 of the Premium Track, you'll unlock this adorably tough lil' guy. Lock up your carrots!

Commander Scampers

Commander Scampers was one of Kerapac's most devious experiments, but he's promised us he'll be on his best behaviour from here on out. This cute but by no means cuddly fella can be yours at Tier 40 of the Premium Track!

Yak Track Attack

We know you love watching your favourite streamers play through the Yak Tracks, and so this time around we've decided to spice things up!

From now until November 2nd you can tune in on Twitch to watch our crack team of content creators race to complete the Kerapac Track. When they reach specific milestones, they'll be rewarded with Bonds, plus all the other awesome rewards from the Track itself to give to their viewers!

Tune in to the following streamers to get involved:
  • RS Guy
  • Maikeru
  • RS_Rav
  • ScardyGinge
  • Zilandra

Oh, and did we mention? The top streamer at the end of the race wins the chance to take home their very own real-life Mechanayak!

The Kerapac Track closes for visitors on November 2nd, 2020. Why not log in now and see which prizes you'd like to aim for?

10th Annual Golden Gnome Awards: Finalists Announced!

Last Friday we announced the finalists for almost every category of the 10th Annual Golden Gnome Awards!

If you missed the livestream, you can relive the magic right here. Remember, the Best Costume and Best Cosplay Prop finalists will be announced soon.

Now all that's left is for you to head to this page this page and vote for the winners. Choose your favourites in each category, and they might just take home a Golden Gnome!

Prime Gaming

We'd like to apologise for a few issues we encountered during last week's Prime Gaming launch. They've now been resolved, and there's still plenty of time left to claim your seven days of free RuneScape membership.

To do so, simply follow the instructions on this page[/u] - see you in Gielinor!

- The RuneScape Team

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: September 24th, 2020, 4:09 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject: Re: Ninja Strike 11: Lunar Spellbook
PostPosted: September 27th, 2020, 7:05 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Pawscape
It's very nice to see the Lunar Spellbook get some love. (even if I never use any of them as I'm never on that spell book )

The Yak Track is back and I'm only doing the tasks casually not obsessively like I did when the rewards were stary and ponies.
Because I don't believe I partook in the last one, I now have 4 skips that I will hold onto until we get a event with better cosmetic rewards.

Even when it's cosmetics that I like and even though I'm big into fashionscape... I still haven't worn any and I took out the pegasus pet just once.
Which was the only time I ever partaken in this type of event. Better luck next time.