Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: How is this allowed?
PostPosted: July 6th, 2020, 8:16 am 
Bronze Member

RS Status: P2P
Hi everyone, if I'm being naive here (still learning a lot) please let me know. I was doing a quick reaper task at the Chaos Elemental and experienced something I haven't seen before. Two folks hopped onto my world, obviously pkers by the gear and skull, and I resigned myself to the fact I was going to die. No worries because I had my Zaryte Bow only, and some Monk's Robes on. He began attacking me and I knew something was wrong, as he was doing very little damage, and I know any pker worth their salt should have KOed me at that point. His buddy was also very slow to jump in. I am still learning a lot about EOC and RS in general after coming from a hiatus, but I knew something was up.

After a few seconds of him having Soul Split on, the guy attacking me says "use chain" to his friend. For some reason this sent my DANGER senses into overdrive (despite having zero clue what it meant) and I felt an overwhelming assuredness I was about to get f***ed. I tried to get to my protect item prayer in time, and lo and behold I was skulled and he proceeded to Adren Pot > Asphyx Wild Magic. Top it off with the toxic "bye :)" and I realize that this was a calculated manipulation of mechanics to skull people. It wasn't hard to tell after that this was a calculated move from the SS to drain prayer (I was lucky to have points left but didn't get to the protect item prayer in time), to the buildup of adren for thresholds post skulling. I added him as a friend and saw him quickly hopping world to world, and it's obvious they do this to try and catch someone using higher tier weapons thinking they'll be safe.

I lost a Zaryte Bow which to most players here is probably chump change but definitely sucks for someone who is not quite as hardcore a player as others. This seems like a complete abuse of the mechanics and I don't see how there is any justification for this being allowed (I'm still a bit unsure exactly how it transpired). Does anyone know about this trick? My ultimate goal here would be to get this looked at and removed as it seems extremely unfair and completely negates the point of people identifying what gear they'll keep when not skulled in the wild. I'd really like the bow back but I think that's out of the question. I hope this can at minimum make people aware so it doesn't happen to them. I'm totally okay with pking, but this does not feel moral nor validated.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 6th, 2020, 8:16 am 
Bronze Member