Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: ITS BEEN A FUN 8 YEARS, BUT
PostPosted: May 13th, 2019, 6:39 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Pyrnassius
RS Status: P2P
Today's announcement on the backflip on what was a pretty awesome comp cape redesign, with good, solid content for those not into high level pvm, may very well be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me. I was super excited about the Tier 3 lore and skilling capes, as well as the exploration side of things. The fact that truly completing all content, such as player-owned farms and the like being recognized properly and having its own cape really had me anticipating this update. Now, today, we see Jagex do a complete 180 on the entire redesign. No longer are skillers, explorers and lorehounds going to get a nice beefy update. No, we'll just appease the pvmers once again and do a couple of minor tweaks to an outdated cape that was flawed from the very beginning.

I know that not all of the community would be happy about what was proposed, but I am sure there were far more of a silent majority that were behind the concept than the voacl minority, who, once again, through their temper tantrums and whining totally screwed up what could have been on of the best updates of the year.

I really don't know if I can continue playing a game where I am so bitterly disappointed when a few players ruin what could be great, quality updates. On top of the fact that the developers are so scared to take skills and content to true 120's, (see M&S update, the sudden slience on summoning being rewarked to 120, player owned farms and safecracking two perfect skill additions for taking farming and thieving to true 120 levels), we constantly see longevity updates screamed down by small groups.

Anyway, I write this straight after reading the blog. I was so excited for the new quest coming out and had planned on doing it day of release, but I can't even stomach logging back into the game after the update reset. Hopefully a day or two away will calm me down about it, but I am really not sure this time. It has happened one too many times for me.

I have had a great time these past 8 years, and I want to say thanks to the great RSBandB community. If I don't return, its been a wonderful ride.

Pyrnassius

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 13th, 2019, 6:39 am 
Chat Moderator

Post subject: Re: ITS BEEN A FUN 8 YEARS, BUT
PostPosted: May 13th, 2019, 11:01 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Jamandy52
Clan Name: 1elitesc / Jamandy52
Aww Pyrn- I totally understand! Many of the quests that came out a long time ago- think Nomad was my first frustration boss fight- made me feel like I would never be able to reach what mattered to me because it seemed to be all about PVM and super hard fights.

Now quests just turn me off and give me a sour feeling.

It's one of the many reasons I chose to focus on all 200ms. I am not excited for the the new changes to comp cape either. Every once in awhile I feel like, maybe, just maybe, I could get it... and then they do more stupid stuff.

Just know that you have been to compete with, and I will fondly think of you and the xp races, and I hope we do see you return!

PostPosted: May 13th, 2019, 11:21 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
Clan Name: Pawscape
I've took a few long term breaks. I almost totally quit once because of a update. When Jagex talked about bringing back certain old holiday items I've obtained ingame from events dating back to 2005. (xmas hats and scarfs)
That proposal was going to make me quit so I know what it's like when Jagex pushes you over the line to where you stop playing.

Hope you've come down and find a reason to continue playing. But honestly only if you still enjoy it. That's up to you. Either way, hope you stick with us here rather you're playing or not. :wink: I understand if you don't stay

PostPosted: May 19th, 2019, 12:18 am 
Dragon Member

RS Name: JessePinkman
Clan Name: The Cafe
Dang, hope to see you return some day but I understand why you want to quit. I've been playing really on and off over the last couple of years, I just get bored after a while so I need to take breaks every so often. I can't see myself quitting forever though, because RuneScape will always be a part of me in some way.

ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImage

653rd to 120 Divination
550th to 200m Divination

PostPosted: July 28th, 2019, 4:06 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: houndears
Clan Name: Kill skill n chill
Having taken a couple of long breaks recently. Some time away will certainly help you cool down. Best of luck!