Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: New hunter xp rate nerf- coming in July- thoughts?
PostPosted: May 10th, 2019, 8:30 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Jamandy52
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: 1elitesc / Jamandy52
I saw the news post about them nerfing the XP rates in OSRS for RCing at the ouraina Altar [I can't spell that word- think ZMI area, LOL]. I read that they polled the players and the players actually wanted the XP reduced and trading in that area removed to cut down on rune running. I was kind of surprised, but not.

So, not even a week later, our lovely homepage on Runescape speaks of reducing xp rates for the beloved- I mean hated - hunter skill.

So many thoughts came to mind. One- did they even ASK the players? No? Okay.
Secondly, do you understand they failed us as players by not calculating the xp rates and then modifying them before dropping them into the game. I was quite disappointed, actually. If I hadn't already finished my 200m Hunter, I would have immediately dropped everything. Look, hunter sucks- but like theiving, it's very click intensive to get the best rates - minus protean traps but you don't keep the loot so that's a fair trade off.

I am excited for afkable and newer ways to train the abhorrent skill, because, again, hunter really sucks. I also understand what they were saying - that in order to add more content they need to adjust the XP rates or no one will try the new stuff. Well, maybe the rewards or items farmed from hunter could be worth more that you could take an XP hit?

But I began to wonder- is this Jagex's new strategy to keep players playing longer? Slowing down the skills? And at 1.4m xp+ per hr with boosts- it is a 'little' fast- but is any other skill safe now?

I laughed at the line where they mentioned 250k per hr being 'reasonable', but today's runescaper's won't appreciate this.

Also, will this actually roll out in July, or will it join the mining and smithing rework as a slow to modify experience? How much of an overhaul is planned and already done?

I have a lot of questions. But I am happy that I have 200m Hunter Xp and until my next account, I do not have to revisit this skill.

Good luck- and may the Xp be with you.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 10th, 2019, 8:30 am 
Runite Member