Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: YLee's Dead Content Survival Guide: Ellie's Father
PostPosted: July 28th, 2016, 2:52 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: YLee
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: The Empire of Zaros
YLee's Dead Content Survival Guide: Ellie's Father

Dead Content Rant
Dead content in video games has always confused me. If at one point a level 600 God Wars Dungeon boss was end game content and the end game has evolved to be a level 1200 boss, then surely on the road to the end game content there is a place that the old end game content could fit in nicely. And since everyone in videogames progresses at their own rate all content would only need small tweaks to create its own unique spot in game progression.

The cHaOs EleMentAl

A being of pure chaos, originally the Chaos Elemental looked like a Stephan King Langolear, a messy ball of teeth, hair and fingernails. Now updated to look like a gliched out creature our beautiful Elemental serves as a reminder that the wilderness is a dangerous and unpredictable place. Members only content.

Basic Rules/Guidelines

1) Never click to attack, only use auto retaliate. This will be explained in the PvP Menance section.
2) Only bring three items of value.
3) Do not use any AoE abilities.
4) Always maintain a full inventory. See The Fight.
5) Do not allow yourself to get tilted by a PvPer. They are not worth it.
6) Do not afk, if you must log out into a lobby.
7) If you see someone by the name of YLee respectfully walk away and ignore his existence.

Recommended Stats

Decent combat stats in the combat method you most enjoy are recommended.
94 Prayer for Soul Split is the only hard recommendation I would give as Protection prayers are only a 33% reliability and with the recommended inventory set up I will explain in Gear sustain is the main goal of the trips.

The Fight

In the epic clash between you, our lonely untrusting hero and the Beauty Elemental there are three attacks to fear.

Discord: The Random Rainbow Juices

No, not the chat program. This serves as the Chaos Elementals basic attack, it randomly hits for one of the three damage types. There is no way to tell which it will be as the projectile is in the air. Many guides online suggest that players use protect or reflect from magic due to the Magic varrient of the attack having the highest accuracy of the three but I discourage this. From my experiences the attack will hit the most and the most regularly in the style you are weak to and attempting to negate this with protection prayers is not worth the prayer points.

Confusion: The Forced Hippity Hop

We all knew it was coming. The day Jagex enforced their musical views upon us. This attack is unavoidable and just teleports you up to 20 blocks. It won't be so far that the Elemental can't follow you. Just keep auto retaliate on and it's a wasted attack on the Elementals part.

Madness: The Hand Slapping of 2006

This attack unequips your main hand weapon and up to three other pieces of equipment. If you have a full inventory it does nothing. So have a full inventory of be ready to click your inventory.

For the fight there are a few important things to note. Do not use any AoE abilities, this is how PvPers get you skulled. Always have a full inventory to avoid Madness, if you use up a flask pick up any drop or go kill a wolf for a bone. Use regenerate post fight, there will be plenty of time, unless you use anticipate and resonance correctly you can't carry it to the next fight and you don't need ultimates, thresholds are enough. There is a glitch(?) where the Chaos Elemental will still be able to attack during its death animation. This happens on every kill. I do not know if it is a bug or an intended feature but keep this in mind during kills.

Gear/setup

For this fight you will want your strongest 2-handed weapon and the appropriate ammo or runes. You will only want to bring enough ammunition for an hour or so. It is possible to take part in this fight with dual wielding or while using a shield but due to the PvP Menance it is wiser to have one weapon and two other pieces of equipment, be it armor or higher end ammo/runes. Your highest level combat familiar is optimal over a beast of burden as ideally these trips are designed to be one hour in length and any longer increases the risk of encountering a PvPer. I always bring the Vampyrism aura, both for sustain and as a timer to tell me when to bank. I personally do not have access to overloads so I can not comment on the impact they would make or their viability at the Elemental. I suggest augmenting your gear so there is no repair cost if you do die.

For the inventory I usually bring the following:
1 - Adrenaline Potion - Useful in the case of a PvPer but not for the actual boss, preferably a small dosage in a flask, 1-2 doses.
1 - Rocktail - For the PvP Menance.
3 - Saradomin Brew Flasks- For the PvP Menance.
1 - Super Restore Flask - For the PvP Menance.
20 - Nature runes - High Alch
100 - Fire runes - High Alch
2 - Super Prayer Renewals
14 - Prayer Flasks
4 - Cabbages - Throw away item slots to pick up important drops.

My strategy is to use Soul Split, a Blood Nihil, and the Vampyrism Aura. This provides the sustain to not worry about bringing food for an hour long trip

Why play this dead content?

Well young ones, I am glad I had the opportunity to force you to ask that question. If the chance at getting Ellie wasn't enough motivation for you (it should be, she is the most beautiful boss pet) then we will go over the drops and what is and isn't worth picking up. Remember, if you have empty inventory slots pick up anything.

Always Pick Up
This is why you brought those four cabbages
Chaos Runes - 6k-30k
Death Runes - 16k-37k
Blood Runes - 42k-128k
Mithril Darts - 21k

If You Have Room
Only pick up these items if you have a disposable inventory slot
Coins
Items that are logically alchable

Only pick up rare drop table items if they are worth it

Grab And Run - Revanant Items
When you see these pick them up and get out of the wilderness if they are 150k+
Corrupted Gear
Statius Drops
Vesta Drops
Zuriel Drops
Morrigan Drops
Trinkets that are worth it

Brawling Gloves

Now the part of this guide that I hate the fact I have to address and talk about.

The PvP Menance

I ever tell you about how much I hate people? Well this holds true when fighting the Chaos Elemental; and it should for you too. Do not trust people, if you see someone run in the other direction and switch to a lobby as fast as you can. People are tricky and will try weird things to get you skulled. PvPers often use tree ents with their obnoxious hit boxes to get you skulled. PvPers will often hide out in the little shack near the fortress, if you see someone in there log, wait a bit, log back into the same world. They usually think you switched worlds and will try to follow you.

Here are YLee's "explicit the PvPers" tips

1) Never tell anyone that you are going to the Elemental.
2) Turn private to friends only, or if you do not trust the people on your friends list turn it off completely.
3) Exit your clan chat if it is open, some people will use that to track your world hopping.
4) Have surge on your hotbar.
5) Understand the area, if the teleports will be easier then the fences take them.
6) Do not afk.
7) Never use AoE abilities, if they hit a players familiar you will get skulled.
8) Rely on auto retaliate, players sometimes log underneath the spawn so if you click you will attack them. Trust the Elemental, if you are close enough it will attack you.
9) If you see someone run.
10) Do not let a PKer tilt you. They are not worth the stress.

YLee's Time
Yes, people suck.
They always will.
But that shouldn't limit your ability to enjoy one of the most unique bosses in the game.
The Elemental can make some of the best memories you will ever have on RuneScape, but it's location can make some of the worst.
You shouldn't let the fact that this boss is "easy" or "dead content" stop you from enjoying it the same way so many others have.
Sure it's not great money and the fight may be simple, but there's a level of excitement in knowing that you are fighting a creature and could be attacked by another person at any moment.
Smile :) and enjoy all the content RuneScape has to offer not just the "best" it has to offer.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: July 28th, 2016, 2:52 pm 
Rsbandb Donor