Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Alex 43's Level 99 Party Aftermath
PostPosted: April 27th, 2016, 8:23 pm 
Chat Moderator

Location: There's a place in the world where the sun won't shine, consumed of color and depth. I'm not there. ca
RS Name: Alex 43
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Rsbandb! All the way!
Hey, guys! Alex 43 here!

So, last week I hosted a party to celebrate me getting 7 - count that - SEVEN level 99s all at once! Well, one at a time for witnessing sake. We had a good turn-up despite me putting the event up sort of last minute... or last week. Truth be told, I wanted to get the 99s alongside the other 3 I was missing, but I found out that I wouldn't be able to hold them all anymore if I wanted those early bird bonuses.

So, I got them. I chose a good location everyone was able to access, and I even came up with a story behind the order in which I was going to get the levels. I started with woodcutting to chop the tree down, fletching to turn it into kindling, firemaking to light it aflame. Then fishing to get the food, cooking to make it edible, agility to train my body up, and finally farming to replant the tree I chopped down. A perfect cycle of life. Metaphors, people. Read a book.

That's how it went. And it was done. There was a party, and it was fun.

... not!

It was an absolute and horrific disaster that felt apart faster than a jigsaw puzzle in zero gravity.

Nothing went right, even from the start! There was no coordination, nobody was taking it seriously, half of Draynor Village was put under quarantine, and at one point everyone turned into sheep for several minutes. Don't even know how that happened or why that was necessary.

I didn't get any video, but I did get my fair share of photos from the whole ordeal. I was contemplating just deleting them all and forgetting the whole thing ever happened... but that would just be disrespectful for those who took the time to attend and bear witness to one of my crowning Runescape achievements. So, here we go.

It started innocently enough. I got myself a bunch of large lamps so I could get all the levels at any time I wanted. Everyone gathered, we started a little late to wait for the last few stragglers, and I led everyone to Death's Hourglass. Because I thought it would be hilarious that we pull off a metaphor of life in Death's office. Because that's how I do things.

So, we started off with woodcutting. Everybody got their messages ready.

And I counted it down. I can't begin to explain how excited I was.

I readied my screen capture, clicked the lamp, and pressed enter so I could get everything perfectly on film.

But then this happened.

Ok. At that time, I thought it was just an innocent mistake. Perhaps they missed what I said, or maybe they just all somehow how it simultaneously confused. No big deal. We all make the exact mistake in perfect coordination sometimes. These things just happen.

However, I didn't want this to happen again, so I made sure everyone was on board with me.

Alright. No harm, no foul. The party continued.

Again, I was taking it easy. I said the skill a few times to make sure everyone knew what to type congratulations for.

I counted it down, and then:

Now, I can understand a misunderstanding and all. Maybe a mistype, maybe a stroke. I can get that. But when the exact same mistake happens a second time in a row like that, I have to wonder if everyone's actually paying attention to me. Either that or they were in a different timezone than me.

It was annoying. But, I sucked it up and continued. Woodcutting and fletching weren't the most impressive of skills to get anyways. In anything, I thought this might've made the whole ordeal a little funnier. Plus, I've used MS Paint once. I could probably switch the icons out or something.

The party went on, with me peacefully ignorant of what I was ending up getting into.

Firemaking was next, but I wasn't taking chances this time. I was going to make sure everybody was actually reading my text.

I rehearsed it with everyone for a minute. A couple noobs who died started freaking out because it sounded like we were a cult running around burning everything in sight. Those kids and their silly ideas.

I started the countdown. They definitely knew it was firemaking this time. There was no chance of a slip-up.

Yeah... has to be it, right? I guess I do suck at hosting level 99 parties. I decided then and there I was going to hire a professional level 99 party planner for my last 4 skills. Or, at least a professional audience.

I still don't know what happened there, but the wooping lasted for about half an hour before a couple of the guys broke the "w" key on their keyboard, and we had to wait for them to get new ones from the dollar store across the street. Not the best use of our time, but there wasn't much in the way of complaints.

Once everyone was able to words again, I struggled to get everyone to focus for my fourth skill: fishing.

Once again, I rehearsed it with everyone for a solid 15 minutes to make sure everybody was paying attention this time.

At one point, I wondered if this counted as "teaching a man to fish" as the saying for the benefits of life skills. Because I was teaching everyone to say "fishing"... and... well, then again, it didn't seem to me like they were learning anything. So, I crossed my fingers and counted down.

And I was rewarded with:

Now I was confused. DC? What the fudge is DC?

They were quick to answer:

At this point, I thought they were just screwing with me now and coordinated this one just to play some sort of elaborate prank on me, so I checked to see if they said anything in the chat. If they did, then I could call them out for messing with-

Huh. How about that? As it turns out, I actually DID get level 99 Dragon Cuddling at the same time as I got 99 fishing, and the message was overridden. Something to do with supplying a dragon's dietary needs or some gibberish. At least that's what Mod Ronan told me in between congratulations.

But yeah, it was all over the Runescape news, a couple of mods tweeted about it, and I saw an article in a chinese newspaper about it. Guess it's a hard skill to train. Wish I kept a closer eye on that one.

I apologized to everyone for that one; that was my bad. Still though, they messed up 3 times before this. There are standards when making jokes, y'know.

I spent an hour demonstrating the skill for everyone. Couldn't get any pictures, though; it really requires your attention and focus. After it was done, we moved on to cooking.

Once again, I rehearsed it with everyone. Took almost an hour. Several of us had to take bathroom breaks, and one guy accidentally fell down an open manhole. Death's office smelled better.

Finally, I think I got everyone on the same page. They were saying "cooking" over and over again in different varying time intervals, so I timed my countdown to get as many in as I could.

You can imagine at this point I was starting to get a bit cheesed off now.

I took a quick rage break where I went outside and punched a traffic light in half. It doesn't do anything for my rage, but it does help make drivers stop taking traffic signals for granted.

When I got back, I was pretty much burnt out. I didn't really care anymore. I was thoroughly convinced I wasn't going to be able to get through to this lot.

So I said "screw it" and just got level 99 agility pretty unceremoniously.

Now it was down to the last and second-hardest skill of the bunch: farming.

Looking at the images now, it seemed that everybody was finally on board. But at the time, I was completely out of it. I decided then and there that I was going to just cut the party off early and get level 99 farming some other day.

But then fate happened. I'll let the pictures do the talking here.

Right about here's where there's a big giant gap in my memory. I remember the Runescape News announcing that I had gone completely insane, which logged out 80% of the player base, evacuated the Tormented Demons, and lulled the Queen Black Dragon into her happy zone. When I had regained my senses, I was somehow in my player owned house covered in empty tea cups and unconscious dragons.

I wracked my brain to remember what happened. Long story short, I just went ahead and killed everyone...

... and their God...

... and fed the bones to a stray mutt.

One of my better outbursts, actually. Those years of therapy were really paying off.

So that was pretty much it. Worst level 99 party of my life. I wandered the world and got my respective capes, unfurled the respective banners, and tore the respective hair out of Max's head. Guy's going to need a new hood soon.

Still, thank you very much to those who attended. It was nice to have a good turnout like that to witness me getting 8 level 99s, and I hope you all swallow a brick fireplace.

Cheers, cannoneers!

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 27th, 2016, 8:23 pm 
Chat Moderator

Post subject: Re: Alex 43's Level 99 Party Aftermath
PostPosted: May 18th, 2016, 5:55 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Xbladez
roflmao, nice screenies. and gratz again on the 6 way 99.

Post subject: Re: Alex 43's Level 99 Party Aftermath
PostPosted: May 24th, 2016, 2:50 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: YLee
Clan Name: The Empire of Zaros
This is the best post of all time