Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: [Informer] The Month Before the Plunge
PostPosted: December 9th, 2015, 4:34 am 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Mr Bistro
RS Status: P2P
Coming very soon, members will be treated to another skill if you have not heard already. Invention is quickly approaching and though this really opens up the customization to personal gear and really has the possibility of reducing junk on the grand exchange I cannot seem to get excited about it.

Though I really won't know what the skill will turn out to be in the future, I can say that I am getting tired of all they extra cosmetic crap that gets barfed onto the game faster than I can keep track of. Maybe because I am getting old and was used to seeing the same design of armor with the exception of fancy trims on them back in the day with gilded armor, gold trimmed and plain trim, even seeing the rune armor with the Guthix trim that I made a goal to get. Now I look at armor and I cannot tell if it was some flashy stuff that was created for Solomon's store or the Treasure Hunter. The feel of earning something is just about gone now.

So, with what I did see with Invention, there are all these animations on weapons and armor and it just makes me want to throw something at the screen. This is the kind of stuff that turns me off from the game so I am truly worried about what Jagex's priorities are with this inventor skill. There are good things that I have seen from this skill though. It brings back the idea of achieving something with hard work and making it your own. Like going for that Guthix trim back in my non member days, this is a fantastic idea that I hope doesn't break the Grand Exchange with other equipment. I hope this skill doesn't break the game's atmosphere as well. Runescape has been fairly solid when it comes to technology all around the same basic style, there are exceptions with the cave goblins and the dwarves and I know that inventor is really adhering to the races and their technologies but I really would rather that technology stays where it's supposed to be, with the dwarves and the cave goblins.

I may sound like a broken record about changing the game, because there have been very many changes to the game over the years. Invention will be a big one. Honestly I have been happy just about all the big changes to the game and I probably will be happy with Invention as well. But this has been the first time I was not able to back Jagex up on a massive update. I was excited for the release of Summoning, Dungeoneering and Divination and I have been happy with all of those skills. They have been some of the most fun moments I have had playing this game. Divination is relatively boring, but really complemented the ease of other skills. It took a long time to train and I loved that.

Moving into Invention, the training exp will not even train the same. A very big difference to other skills but one that is intriguing, I don't feel that skills should be sped up at the beginning because they move fast enough as is at the beginning, but there is probably good reason for that. As long as that reason is not to get to the good gear faster I can get being the idea. Once again I will just have to wait and see.

There are a lot of skills in the game and if this one turns out to flop, I am confident that Jagex can turn this around. They have most of their other skills. I don't think this one will fall under the category of uselessness like construction did. Can anyone tell me what the reason for training that skill is again? Do people have 99 parties in those anymore? Runefest showed a couple of good things, like the rework to smith, thank god for that. I bet that this will have something to do with the second batch of Invention also. This small part of the Invention update does excite me. With that in mind though, get the money out of those rune dragons while you can, that will be a funny day watching that stuff crash.

This is a sign of the times. New players rejoice, old players adapt. People that have been around since the early years know that no matter what happens with this skill release that there will be something good that comes out of it in the end. I may not be able to get behind a lot of updates that Jagex has put out recently, but I can put my trust in the fact that I still play for a reason. I can put some hope that this will be another massive update that hits the ball out of the park. This really will be a skill that will affect every corner of the game. I might even call it an update the size of the Evolution of Combat. Be looking for Invention related content coming from me in the future as I pick apart what the skill really is and how to make the best out of it.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 9th, 2015, 4:34 am 
Mithril Member

Post subject: Re: [Informer] The Month Before the Plunge
PostPosted: December 15th, 2015, 1:07 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Waiting to see how it goes. I'm hopeful it will be a nice addition to the game. I'm not a fan of forcing the creation of a new skill just so players have something new to do. As long as it's something useful, I don't mind.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy