Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: 13 Skills in 13 Weeks
PostPosted: April 7th, 2014, 7:17 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Pyrnassius
RS Status: P2P
So, I managed to complete my goal of getting 1 skill to 99 each week since the start of the year and maxed my account last week. 13 skills done in 13 weeks. It was a fun challenge for myself, however, the problem with doing this, is that I am now a little lost in the game. I was really hoping Jagex would release true 120 levels for the skills, but at this stage, it does not seem likely in the near future. I still have 120 dungeoneering to go for, but I don't like just constantly training 1 skill. Guess I should have thought about that before I maxed, lol. Anyway, I am now looking at different things to in the game and for the first time, I looked at what is required for the completionist cape. I was surprised at just how much more there is still to do for me in the game. A lot of it is still a grind, such as unlocking all the spells in Livid Farming ( and that is one area that could do with some updating... i didn't realise, but the distractions they offer there do NOT give you any produce points; i don't understand what the reasoning behind that is, as all other distractions give you bonuses in the relevant area.). I still have a few of the achievement diaries to complete, which i am hoping to do over the next few months. I need to kill Jad, then I have to complete the fight kiln. I need to complete the dominion tower and finish temple trekking. Then there is getting the champions tackle box in fish flingers. Plus i STILL haven't gotten an abyssal orb or wand drop in over 3,500 kills at the abby demons...

Hmmm, did I think I was a little lost and feeling flat about finishing all those 99's? There is still so much more to do in this game; I guess that is what keeps me logging in and enjoying it every day. To everyone grinding away at the different skills, rushing toward that 99, remember to take a break and look around the game... there is so much to do to break up the monotony; don't burn out on one skill alone. Sit back, ENJOY yourself and have fun; after all, it is a game and isn't that what it was designed for?

Good luck to you all, may you all reach your goals, and thanks for listening to my ramblings

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: April 7th, 2014, 7:17 am 
Chat Moderator

Post subject: Re: 13 Skills in 13 Weeks
PostPosted: April 7th, 2014, 1:32 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Addiv
RS Status: P2P
For me, collecting 99's was my primary goal but once I maxed I was a little lost in what to focus on. I can see why some players drop out after reaching big milestones. It leaves a huge void I wasn't expecting. Like you I still have a lot to do before Completionist and I'm not sure how interested I am in doing that. I've finally settled into focusing on a few skills/goals I enjoy but it isn't the grind it used to be when going for a cape and I don't feel pressured to nolife anything. I'm actually enjoying the game more now that I've given myself permission to drop focus on one thing to try something else for a while.