Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: More Faction Options for World Events
PostPosted: January 16th, 2014, 6:09 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Mr Bistro
RS Status: P2P
I feel that it would benefit the game greatly in there was a third faction added to world events.
With the way world events have been playing out, the victor is generally decided by week two. This causes the point of the event to be void. What are people still fighting for? its clear the numbers are not going to budge.
Along comes the godless.
I am still wondering what the point of this group is in the game if there no use to them. shouldn't they be trying to sabotage and destroy all the gods in the game?

The godless faction offers a third option to world events where players can join and break down both gods how they want.
For example, The Bird and the Beast Event has us taking down convoys and towers, or building them up. The godless faction's goal would be to break down the two god's.

This would balance the scales of the event better, it would give players that don't like either god a third choice. It would make use of the godless, and it could add interesting combat that we haven't seen since jagex pushed the triumvirate (choose one of three sides led by jmods and partake in events over the course of the summer and game your faction points.)
What do you guys think?

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: January 16th, 2014, 6:09 pm 
Mithril Member

Post subject: Re: More Faction Options for World Events
PostPosted: January 17th, 2014, 1:57 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
I think you make a valid point. The godless, though not part of the first event, are a third faction that should be involved in any conflict amongst the gods. However, I doubt all the godless would agree on intervention or disruption in said conflicts. Some are likely peaceful and wish to have nothing to do with the gods. Anyways...

This is a problem that can't be resolved. Some gods are more popular and favored than others. Personally, I think Bandos is great in his own way being a war god, but I like law and order more which is why I side with Armadyl. When you pit two opposite gods against each other and it essentially comes down to a battle between good and evil, players seem to be much more favorable to good gods (arguably including Guthix, Saradomin, Armadyl, and Seren).

The fact is even if you included a third option in a two-way conflict, the results would likely be unaffected...which I think is fine because it is realistic. I think it unnecessary they are pushing to kill off another god so soon after Guthix. Killing Guthix was hard to take, but understandable given that it set up for the return of the rest of the gods. But to kill another is just too much. The gods never killed each other in thousands of years of fighting. And yet, they come back now and one is already going to die?! That just doesn't seem to make sense. The gods are supposed to be in endless struggle and conflict. But hey, what do I know? I'm just a player. If only I understood Jagex logic...

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

Post subject: Re: More Faction Options for World Events
PostPosted: January 18th, 2014, 5:56 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Mr Bistro
I see your point with killing off to many gods so soon. However, I feel that the killing off of gods is not only justified, it should be expected regardless of gridlock in the past, and here is why.

During RuneFest 3, the lore panel discussed the tiers of the gods. With the Elder gods on top, and guthix, seren and zaros below and the lower tiers underneath them like saradomin and zamorak; it became clear that gods can ascend and descend on this list.

Spoiler* - During Missing Presumed Death, Sliske offers a game for the stone of Jas, which gave the gods direct incentive to kill each other. Bandos and Armadyl not getting along already, it would make sense that one of them would get killed after this announcement.

Further, the death of Guthix himself released energy into the world that acted as a ladder to give some gods a chance to ascend and descend on a power scale. Not only is this incentive to be hostile, but it is an opportunity that has been planned and schemed since the edicts were in place. Along with the edicts falling the gods are free to go about their plans that they worked on during their time away.

So is Jagex in the wrong for killing off gods to quickly, I would say no, it is justified, it's just a shame we didn't get to know the soon to pass.