Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Farming Runs
PostPosted: October 6th, 2013, 11:32 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Clan Quest
So, I'm level 70 Farming and I would like to train it up while making money. Anyone know of a good guide or farming run I could do at my level?

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: October 6th, 2013, 11:32 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: Farming Runs
PostPosted: October 7th, 2013, 1:55 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
The beauty of Farming is that it's a self sufficient skill. If you want to research it on your own I present to you the Farming Focus: http://update.rsbandb.com/2012/04/rsban ... the-plushie-appears/

If not then read on!

First and foremost I want you to look at this Grand Exchange basket: http://www.rsbandb.com/runescape-grand- ... io/farming-focus--b2 It's set up to use Toadflax just because that has always been a simple option. You can look into other herbs on your own to see if they give you more money back. This one still works. Here's what you do:
1. Do as many herb runs as you can per day. The more the better.
2. Do at least one, perhaps two Maple tree runs. (8 hours give or take)
3. Tie these Maple runs in with Pineapple.

That's all there is to it. Here's why it works. I get an average of 7 herbs per seed, including the odd chance it dies. This means that on each herb patch you make roughly 25k. A maple seed is 19k. From this it just means that in one herb run you've bought your Maple seeds for the day! Do another herb run and you've bought your Pineapple seeds for the day. Anything else you can throw in is extra and profit in your hand. You could probably increase this amount by using green fingers and juju farming potions if you wanted as well.

Also be sure to keep your Kingdom going, you can get nice seeds to supplement the Maple farming.

As for the path I would take: Taverley -> Falador -> Lumbridge -> Varrock -> Gnome stronghold -> (onto fruit now) -> Gnome stronghold -> Gnome village -> Herblore Habitat (gloves to Shilo) -> Brimhaven (cart) -> Catherby -> (onto herbs) -> Catherby -> N. Ardougne -> Trollheim -> Port Phasmatys -> S. Falador. You can change it up too depending on where you start, that's what is amazing about Farming. It's never the same thing, it never gets boring!

I could talk forever about Farming. Contact me if you want to know more :D.

PostPosted: October 7th, 2013, 8:52 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: GermanNerd
Shane that was quite possible the best and most in-depth guide on a farming run I've ever read. Thanks!

PostPosted: October 16th, 2013, 11:53 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Thanks, Shane. That helps. I'll see if I can get into the routine of making this run. I'll definitely have some more questions later I'm sure.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: October 17th, 2013, 8:49 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Uncle Dano
Clan Name: Knights of Honour
Great farming guide, Shane. The only thing that I would add is that a farming run can be combined with other dailies. As you roam around don't forget to get your daily supplies of battlestaffs, sandstone, feathers (and other basic items from general stores/sellers for resale on the G.E.), broad bolt tips, etc.

Web: Uncle Dano's RS Wiki | RS Hiscores: Uncle Dano

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » RuneScape » RuneScape General Discussion » Farming Runs Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]