Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: So?
PostPosted: August 11th, 2013, 5:51 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
About that RS3. How is it ladys? Little to no feedback on it and i cba to actually play it. I'd like to pretend i have better things to do but I'm free all week and would rather play spelunky.

Is it a big improvement over rs2? Is it the same jump from classic to 2 or is it like i suspect not really deserviing to be called a new game. The new skill sounds pretty lame.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 11th, 2013, 5:51 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

Post subject: Re: So?
PostPosted: August 11th, 2013, 7:23 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bonsai99
RS Status: Retired
It's just EOC with a customizable interface. The problem is for me though is that the interface customization doesn't work anywhere near as well as other MMOs (just my opinion) and the framerates took another big hit with this update. They have also seemingly taken away a lot of things that they should have left well alone, like for some reason you can not hide public chat anymore, and you cannot split private chat. Also if you have a smaller monitor it feels very crammed and claustrophobic.

PostPosted: August 11th, 2013, 12:55 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: iZant
Clan Name: Apocalypse Slayers
Bonsai don't forget the world event, and the amazing new audio system. The new orchestrated music is top notch, i'd say better than most music from other games. Overall, I am very happy with RS3. The world event is a huge piece of lore that will effect the future of quests and other events. I have also read on the AMAA of Mod Thatjim that many fixes are coming to the NIS including split private chat, ability to hide the interface completely, and hide the chat box. Also they are working to fix how the interface works on smaller screens.

Also, once the HTML5 beta is ready for full release, that is going to be a huge improvement that will truly complete the jump equivalent to rs to rs2, maybe bigger.

I give rs3 a 5/5

PostPosted: August 11th, 2013, 4:13 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Addiv
There are still some glitches with the new interface but I'm loving it so far. Here's the link to the Mod Thajim AMA if you're interested: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1jwapz/

PostPosted: August 11th, 2013, 5:13 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
I'd have to agree with Addiv. There's a few tiny kinks with the UI but overall it's much much better. It's my favourite part of the update. Existing players of RuneScape will probably prefer the Retro preset as that's closest to what we had before. You can read more of my thoughts here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=85026

Also turn your sound on, the music is worth listening to more than ever. So many tracks around the world have been redone to take effect of the new music system.

PS: Don't believe the stuff a good portion of the community (all aspects, not specifocally here or there) has been spreading about the game over the last year or so. Now's the best time to be playing RS.

PostPosted: August 11th, 2013, 10:40 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bonsai99
RS Status: Retired
Zant wrote:
Bonsai don't forget the world event, and the amazing new audio system. The new orchestrated music is top notch, i'd say better than most music from other games.

Audio just isn't a big part of the game for me, I can just put on whatever I want while I play the game for the most part. I do turn on ingame music though sometimes when I feel like it. As for the world event I don't find it very engaging at all, maybe because I haven't played in so long but it just seems like a boring daily grind.

Zant wrote:
I have also read on the AMAA of Mod Thatjim that many fixes are coming to the NIS including split private chat, ability to hide the interface completely, and hide the chat box. Also they are working to fix how the interface works on smaller screens.

Sweet, hopefully it's a big improvement.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 11th, 2013, 10:40 pm 
Runite Member

PostPosted: August 12th, 2013, 6:02 am 
Iron Member

RS Name: Qwc
Clan Name: Casually Addicted
Rs3 has been fun. I have been having a bit of lag issues but i think that is just my pc

PostPosted: August 13th, 2013, 3:37 pm 
Steel Member

RS Name: Varunky
Clan Name: RuneHQ
RS3 is not like RSC to RS2 (I was there). RS3 is more of a major movement in story than purely a graphical update. Sure there are graphics involved, but the main thing was the movement into the 6th age. So far there isn't much to show for this change (and I also find the battlefield less than engaging), but soon this progression will become quite big when Divination comes out and as quests roll out.

I mainly do BoL for rewards. I gather for a bit, but mostly pick the shards up when skilling.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2013, 4:00 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Status: Old School (2007)
Generic MMORPG.co.uk

Despite having highly detailled graphisms and a more impressive look, RuneScape has clearly lost the essence of what made it a hit in the first place: Simplicity.

I recall quitting in 2008-2009 and I logged in just recently...What the hell happened? I am not a man who's strongly against progress but how could things change so dramaticly in 4-5 years? That's rather fantastic when you take a first look, but to me, it's just another MMORPG among many others.

RS was great because the development team managed to create an epic game with a solid playercount without outstanding graphisms like World Or Warcraft. Without complexity. It was a really basic, with nothing special, game that was somehow incredibly addictive.
I strongly feel like I've cryogenically froze myself for 5 years and I'm waking up in a futuristic world. I don't recognise anything I've ever seen before, thus I can't have any attachment to it.

Good ol' times are good because they're old, but then again, I don't feel like wanting to create new good times in a game in which I don't feel the same bond I previously shared.

See me in the 2007 servers.

PostPosted: August 19th, 2013, 6:05 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Pyrnassius
I like it a lot. Took a few days to get my interface to something just right for me, but once i had it set, it was great. A few issues early, but they seem to be fixed. Just one new glitch that has shown up for me is in the barrows, where you can't see what Akrisae is praying against any more. That is frustrating, but other than that, I am really enjoying it. Plus the new quest is fun too.

PostPosted: August 19th, 2013, 7:58 am 
Iron Member

RS Name: Qwc
Clan Name: Casually Addicted
I feel like they have patched it a bit.

PostPosted: September 27th, 2013, 4:05 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Jade Gizmo
Clan Name: Pawscape
So what is Runescape 3?
I haven't played Runescape since the Evolution of Combat came out, so I don't even know what that is.

Also the 2007 runescape servers "old school" all confuses me and can't seem to get the info I'm looking for anywhere else.
Is that like classic? Cause I still was playing classic sometimes when I was still playing Runescape 2 before quitting, or have they done away with that now to?

Asking as I may or may not start playing Runescape again.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Forum Index » RuneScape » RuneScape General Discussion » So? Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]