Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Skill Called Divination Supposibly Leaked By IGN Article
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2013, 7:50 pm 
Community Ambassador

RS Name: Lord Rickles
RS Status: P2P
Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/03/ ... e-graphical-overhaul

In a recent article written by an IGN writer, it is revealed that one of the two new skills to be released later this year will be called "Divination".

"The second area of change is gameplay. While combat and the like has been tightened, Jagex has mainly focused on a popular quality of life request from players; customisable UI. All menus are fully flexible now, meaning they can be tabbed or reshaped, and eventually players will be able to share their setups with each other. Two new skills will also be added to the game; while one hasn't been revealed, the other, divination, will apparently play a key role in the latter stages of RuneScape 3's story."

Supposibly Divination is relating to communicating with Gods to gain knowledge or access to something otherwise not possible to be known. You can think of it in a way like fortunetelling, but that doesn't really translate into a skill. Speculation is wide and varied, but when put into understanding Divination methods that exist in reality, like the use or tarot cards and dowsing (you may have heard of dowsing rods used to search for water underground) for hidden resources - you can imagine how this can be used ingame. Just think of using a dowsing rod to find hidden resource dungeons or ores or to get to new monsters.

I think this will be a great addition to the game, especially as Jagex puts more focus on the god wars and the seemingly forthcoming second god war.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2013, 7:50 pm 
Community Ambassador

Post subject: Re: New Skill Called Divination Supposibly Leaked By IGN Art
PostPosted: May 4th, 2013, 7:56 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Pyrnassius
Interesting. Can't wait to see what the new skills will entail. Entwining it around the Gods is an interesting concept, especially now that (spoiler alert) Guthix is dead. Thanks for this tidbit of information Rickles

PostPosted: May 6th, 2013, 9:05 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Dragonkin892
Clan Name: PVM Elites
Gonna be a pretty interesting skill that's for sure...And it'll be interesting to see how the processing skill coming later this year will tie into Divination..Either way gonna be a lot of work to get my comp cape back >.<

PostPosted: May 8th, 2013, 1:03 am 

RS Name: King Kulla
RS Status: F2P
Divination? I wonder how on earth that would even work, or fit in with other skills.

On another note, as soon as I saw it, as any Harry Potter fan would think:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110716152330/harrypotter/images/3/3f/Pdahq1_%281%29.jpg