Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Solomon Store! Woo!
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 4:25 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
No one can be ***** to post news so this flew under my radar. I apologize I'm two weeks late.

I'm surprised how quickly everyone accepted the new p2fp2p model. That's pay too free pay to play (clever am i not?) what with ANOTHER cash shop opening up. Ho hum what a shocker.

I believe a very wise and awesome guy once said;

Quote:
Expect more of this **** to happen. Your best bet is to quit theres way better games out there.

Sure enough this prophet of awesome was proven right. How long do you guys think it's going to be till they start selling gold/exp/gear with stats? They say they wont but...well not so long ago the CEO of Jagex called microtransactions a stealth tax. I agree with him they are. Clearly he had a change of heart.

And then theres this lovely article. For the lazy it's this bit you want to read;

Quote:
Speaking today at the Free to Play Summit in London, Rob Smith (pictured) said that a gentle introduction of item sales over time “could possibly be introduced, providing our audience is happy with it”.

The bold bit is just me pointing out another lie from Jagex. :^o See guys? It's baby steps. First they bring in the wheel but that's ok cause you can earn the rewards in game as well. Then they bring in the store this time you have to pay. Whats the next baby step i wonder? :-%

To be fair and I am patting myself on the back for this but this is a way better news article than the normal ones that get copy and pasted up I should post all rs news from now on.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 4:25 am 

Post subject: Re: Solomon Store! Woo!
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 8:11 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
RS Status: Retired
As long as Solomon's store stays cosmetic I don't care. The wheel needs to die or the spin purchases need to be removed. Jagex just needs more money to wipe their *** with while they watch the community and population diminish right before their eyes. More are going to quit once the beta comes to. They should probably use the extra money they have (enough but they still want more) to hire some SMART people to point out whether or not content is **** before releasing it. Jagex is as blind as Google's changes to the YouTube layouts.

ImageImage

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 8:15 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bonsai99
CreepyPirate wrote:
How long do you guys think it's going to be till they start selling gold/exp/gear with stats?

Err, they basically are doing that with all of the cash/xp lamps/"lucky" items on the retarded goblin wheel. Lucky items have the same stats as the regular items but they are untradeable.

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 11:53 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Ya, not a fan of another store, no matter what it's for. I don't like the move in direction of microtransactions and I hope that Jagex doesn't keep continuing down this path.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 12:35 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Hic142
Clan Name: Castaways
Agree with Duke Juker but I'm afraid that's exactly where Jagex is going...

"Dragon Platebody - 5.6 Mil (in-game money) or $5 (Real Money)" :(

-> https://epicfreeprizes.com/?ref=2077746 <-

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 4:48 pm 
Runite Member

Duke Juker wrote:
Ya, not a fan of another store, no matter what it's for. I don't like the move in direction of microtransactions and I hope that Jagex doesn't keep continuing down this path.

I am against micro transactions as a whole however Solomon's store doesn't bother me as much because it's purely cosmetic and doesn't give a practical advantage in the game. SoF however, needs to go. I didn't even like it before you could buy spins, not even taking into account when they started handing out temporary cosmetics (especially now because they influence you to buy the spins to the whole set before it's gone). Although I generally fall for things like their vanity items. I'm never going to buy SoF spins and F*** the Queen's Guard and Dragon Ceremonial. Jagex can get their "fashion designers" to make something better

ImageImage

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 4:48 pm 
Runite Member

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 5:30 pm 

RS Name: j1j2j3
not to mention Sof isn't even random.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2012, 6:16 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Pyrnassius
To be perfectly honest, Solomon's store and SoF doesn't bother me in the least. I compete against myself in this game and have fun levelling up as my own challenge. If a few people take a few short-cuts and buy spins which gives them some free xp, good luck to them. It's a hell of a lot of money if they want to try and get to level 99 just buying spins to get the xp lamps. If it makes Jagex a few more dollars and keeps the game running for me, i am content. I am glad they are keeping it cosmetic for now, but I would not be shocked to see a new powerful sword for slaying bosses or something similar in the future. While this will give those who purchase it an advantage, in truth it won't really affect me personally. Those who are seeking to climb the high-scores list have a legitimate complaint, but over all it will just be like most of the other games out there. I hope RS stays unique and doesn't go down this path, but with investors to please I do believe it is inevitable that things will change. I, however, will continue to play for as long as I enjoy it, with or without micro-transactions. I won't purchase extra things myself, but they will continue getting my $10 membership a month. That's enough money to spend on it for me.

Happy Runescaping
Pyrn

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2012, 7:39 am 
Runite Member

Pyrnassius wrote:
I am glad they are keeping it cosmetic for now, but I would not be shocked to see a new powerful sword for slaying bosses or something similar in the future.

Um, it is not cosmetic at all, they have xp lamps, gp rewards, "lucky" items which have the same stats as their regular counterpart and the only way you can get the new rare is the squeal of fortune.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2012, 8:40 am 

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Estor wrote:
As long as Solomon's store stays cosmetic I don't care. The wheel needs to die or the spin purchases need to be removed. Jagex just needs more money to wipe their *** with while they watch the community and population diminish right before their eyes. More are going to quit once the beta comes to. They should probably use the extra money they have (enough but they still want more) to hire some SMART people to point out whether or not content is **** before releasing it. Jagex is as blind as Google's changes to the YouTube layouts.

I see your point. However i think i would be annoyed if i was paying a monthly subscription and they was using that money to pay someone to create this stuff that they can then sell for extra on top. I'd want my sub money to pay his wages for working on in game content that i can access to. As it is this store was one of your updates for the month.

How many man hours did it take to create? All those cosmetic items could of been channeled into new quests or mini games.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2012, 9:33 am 
Runite Member

Pyrnassius wrote:
To be perfectly honest, Solomon's store and SoF doesn't bother me in the least. I compete against myself in this game and have fun levelling up as my own challenge.

Good for being passive on it. One less of us having to ***** about it each day :)

CreepyPirate wrote:
I see your point. However i think i would be annoyed if i was paying a monthly subscription and they was using that money to pay someone to create this stuff that they can then sell for extra on top.

That's not what I was saying, the 2nd post was a joke when I said their fashion designers need to work better. (Mentioned in my first post - not going to happen though) I genuinely want them to "hire" someone who does not already work at Jagex (so they make the decision off the communities perspective, not the greedy money making perspective), possibly a PMod (Ability44?) to look at content and say what they think, and as long as their not complete suck-ups (eh, that's actually leaning a bit toward ability44) maybe they'll stand up and say "Hey this content is ****. I really don't think the community will like it. Flush that fugly concept art down the toilet - Not going to happen, worst idea ever." (In those exact words to get the point across)

CreepyPirate wrote:
How many man hours did it take to create? All those cosmetic items could of been channeled into new quests or mini games.

Well said mate.

ImageImage

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2012, 3:34 pm 
Runite Member

Estor wrote:
Pyrnassius wrote:
To be perfectly honest, Solomon's store and SoF doesn't bother me in the least. I compete against myself in this game and have fun levelling up as my own challenge.

Good for being passive on it. One less of us having to ***** about it each day :)

Yay for not caring about the future and integrity of the game!

Estor wrote:
That's not what I was saying, the 2nd post was a joke when I said their fashion designers need to work better. (Mentioned in my first post - not going to happen though) I genuinely want them to "hire" someone who does not already work at Jagex (so they make the decision off the communities perspective, not the greedy money making perspective), possibly a PMod (Ability44?) to look at content and say what they think, and as long as their not complete suck-ups (eh, that's actually leaning a bit toward ability44) maybe they'll stand up and say "Hey this content is ****. I really don't think the community will like it. Flush that fugly concept art down the toilet - Not going to happen, worst idea ever." (In those exact words to get the point across)

Not going to happen, worst idea ever

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2012, 7:53 pm 
Runite Member

Bonsai99 wrote:
Estor wrote:
Pyrnassius wrote:

Yay for not caring about the future and integrity of the game!

No it just doesn't bother him. The future will be more SoF crap and seeing as it doesn't bother him, it won't ruin the future for him. It may bother us but it's not his responsibility to give a **** if he's not interested in stopping it. Our problem.

Bonsai99 wrote:
Estor wrote:

Not going to happen, worst idea ever

Aw :(

ImageImage

PostPosted: August 20th, 2012, 5:26 am 
Steel Member

RS Name: Kon x
As long as all the items buy able in Solomon's stays cosmetic only, I don't have that much beef with it.

PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 1:51 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: TheLion
Speaking of Solomon's Store, check out this pic of me doing a little casual slaying in my tropical islander outfit. Notice the look of shame on the Nechryael's face as he realizes he’s getting pummeled by a guy in a grass skirt.

I can imagine the shock on passerby’s faces when they see someone wearing this outfit in combat, not realizing the outfit stacks overtop of your armor.

Do other solomon outfits stack overtop your armor as well?