Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Runescape isnt the same...
PostPosted: August 12th, 2012, 5:35 pm 
Steel Member

RS Status: P2P
What happened to Runescape? It used to be all cool.... and it had its own style and storys, and EVERYTHING! But now its just trying its hardest to copy off of world of lame craft.
They're adding so much stuff/pointless stuff, even in low detail the game lags. I stopped playing Runescape for about a year and a half and now they want me to pay 300bucks in Jagex coins just to unlock my account.... because now they charge you for not paying.... WOW I can't even log into my account for free, in a non member's area! So much for their "number one "free" online game" logo. This really sucks because I was a member for about 7 years and I've been through alot in my years of Runescape. But this is how Jagex repays you? By saying screw you pay some more? Its pathetic! Jagex no longer cares about their players like they used to, they think just because they are much more wealthy they can get away with this!
SADLY they can....
However I'll pay them the money someday, just to log in again, because I'm that much of a Runescape supporter. Everytime I gaze at that Runescape poster on my wall, I remember all the things I've done in Runescape and the great game it used to be.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 12th, 2012, 5:35 pm 
Steel Member

Post subject: Re: Runescape isnt the same...
PostPosted: August 13th, 2012, 5:13 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Uncle Dano
Clan Name: Knights of Honour
Wow, that's the first time I've heard of having to pay to unlock your account. And, I do agree that they are focusing too much on selling useless, cosmetic stuff to us.

Web: Uncle Dano's RS Wiki | RS Hiscores: Uncle Dano

PostPosted: August 13th, 2012, 11:29 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Killjoy4eva
RS Status: Old School (2007)
Holyhelltv wrote:
I stopped playing Runescape for about a year and a half and now they want me to pay 300bucks in Jagex coins just to unlock my account.... because now they charge you for not paying.... WOW I can't even log into my account for free, in a non member's area!

Wait... What? Can you explain this?

PostPosted: August 13th, 2012, 12:07 pm 
Bronze Member

RS Name: scud31
Clan Name: reddit
Killjoy4eva wrote:
Holyhelltv wrote:
I stopped playing Runescape for about a year and a half and now they want me to pay 300bucks in Jagex coins just to unlock my account.... because now they charge you for not paying.... WOW I can't even log into my account for free, in a non member's area!

im curious also. i left my account for two years and i could access it fine. (just recently)

PostPosted: August 13th, 2012, 3:50 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
RS Status: Retired
*Reads the title* Sure isn't...
Killjoy4eva wrote:
Holyhelltv wrote:

*Bad Speculation* Maybe he got hacked... then someone used the account and got it banned

ImageImage

PostPosted: August 13th, 2012, 3:59 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Estor wrote:
*Reads the title* Sure isn't...
Killjoy4eva wrote:
Holyhelltv wrote:

*Bad Speculation* Maybe he got hacked... then someone used the account and got it banned

Well this is even more disturbing... "Buy your account back"? What? We need more information about this.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 13th, 2012, 3:59 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: August 13th, 2012, 6:13 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: shane12088
Chances are that someone got control of your account and used it for rule breaking activities of some sort. The fee you're being asked to pay is to get your account unbanned, not because you haven't played in ages. This isn't new, it's been around for over a year.

In my view this is a major downside in the way that rule breakers are handled. I'm sorry to say it but you should have secured your account better before you left.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2012, 6:21 pm 
Steel Member

edited: um no I didn't get hacked... JAGEX wants me to pay magical Jagex coins, (about 300 dollars worth) just to unlock my account so I can play again. IDK MAYBE its a glitch in their system? because in those 7years of playing I never stopped paying.... maybe thats it? OR or maybe Jagex screwed up :O. and no I didn't get banned either, it just says something like "pay 300 to unlock your account, your Jagex coins is in the - zone".

BUT maybe its for the best, when I was playing Runescape I hardly slept or ate and I had my laptop with me in the bathroom. XD

Last edited by Holyhelltv on August 13th, 2012, 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2012, 6:34 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Holyhelltv wrote:
um no i didn't get hacked... JAGEX wants me to pay jagex coins, (about 300 dollars worth) just to unlock my account and play again. IDK MAYBE its a glitch in their system because in those 7years of playing i never stopped paying, maybe thats it? or maybe jagex screwed up. and no i didn't get banned either, it just says "pay 300 to unlock your account, my jagex coins is in the - zone". (something along those lines)

BUT maybe its for the best, when i was playing runescape i hardly slept or ate and i had my laptop with me in the bathroom. XD

If this is true this is horrible. (Illegal I think.)
Can you provide screen shots of where they are telling you this?

PostPosted: August 13th, 2012, 6:39 pm 
Steel Member

yeah sure give me a min, im going to go do it now.
(btw i've never been hacked in all my years of playing runescape.)

Last edited by Holyhelltv on August 13th, 2012, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2012, 6:46 pm 
Steel Member

here it is.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2012, 7:23 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: EnkindleThis
The only way I can think of you getting NEGATIVE credit is if there was credit card fraud or some other sort of bounced charge...

Sketch.

Can you see a transaction history of some sort?

Register for Dropbox and get both of us bonus storage space on top of the 2GB!

PostPosted: August 13th, 2012, 7:47 pm 
Steel Member

i don't think so....
and even if i could i don't think so because most of my purchases were from runescape memership store cards.... only time i used a credit card for runescape was like.... 2years ago? so.... i guess they're 2years late on the supposed "fraud" BUT even if they were i don't REALLY think 300bucks is how much I'd owe.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2012, 7:59 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Estor
RS Status: Retired
Holyhelltv wrote:
only time i used a credit card for runescape was like.... 2years ago? so.... i guess they're 2years late on the supposed "fraud" BUT even if they were i don't REALLY think 300bucks is how much I'd owe.

Are you sure your mems hasn't been updating constantly via your credit card. Report it or ask them

ImageImage

PostPosted: August 13th, 2012, 8:38 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: EnkindleThis
If it was constantly paying with his own credit card it would still actually pay it, he would only have debt on the credit card end.

Register for Dropbox and get both of us bonus storage space on top of the 2GB!