Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Discussion about Jagex.
PostPosted: August 16th, 2012, 11:56 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Killjoy4eva
RS Status: Old School (2007)
Bonsai99 wrote:
Earth wrote:
Bonsai99 wrote:
The difference between SOF content and real content is that real content are things that people can be excited for and actually want to see and SOF content is just a bunch of crappy items/some crappy promotion for the wheel of RWT. And as for the other two points, the first one you pretty much just summarized what I said and the last one was already answered by killjoy so it was pointless to respond to.

If you hate it so much and you want them to change it, why are you still an active, paying member?

2 Good Quotes to Summarize It

Duke Juker wrote:
It's the not people who pay membership that are at fault. Only those who pay for Solomon's and SoF. If no one bought from either of those, they would soon be removed because no one used them.

I don't think it's reasonable as well to say "If you don't like it, just stop paying mems." Paying membership does not equate to completely supporting every change Jagex makes. People will still want to play Runescape regardless of the changes...that doesn't mean they have to like the changes or have no right to say anything.

Davo wrote:
And quite frankly I don't like the idea of giving up a game I've been playing for 9 years where I've met some great life-long friends.

Then why are you complaining?

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 16th, 2012, 11:56 am 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: August 16th, 2012, 2:21 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bonsai99
RS Status: Retired
Because I don't like the direction they are going in and neither does a big portion of the community, before it seemed that people usually came before profits, now it's always profits before people.

Duke Juker wrote:
People will still want to play Runescape regardless of the changes...that doesn't mean they have to like the changes or have no right to say anything.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2012, 5:17 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Kangas Khan
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: MaSoRs
i've not played around with the Squeal of Fortune thing much, and most of the time I don't get exp lamps, but when I do - I've noticed I get about 13k runecraft exp per medium and about 4k for a small one. Not sure what a large one gives, but I'm yet to land on a red item. However while I understand that it may appear a little dubious to some that people can 'buy' 99 skills with the SoF, I'd imagine it would take a large sum of money to actually do that. I had a look at the prices, expecting to see something reasonable - though I wouldn't buy the spins regardless - and saw that 10 spins costs 1 month of membership. In one month of membership, I personally could get millions of experience, rather than 10 x Medium Exp Lamp, for example. Cost-wise, you'd be spending hundreds upon hundreds getting to 99 just by using the SoF.

But the idea is what resonates discomfort, rather than reality. How long until the best items are available for direct money purchase? That would be two things; a great business decision, and a terrible game design decision.

At the end of the day you should think about one thing; Do I enjoy this game? If yes, the game's evolution should matter little until your gameplay style becomes impossible. Personally, that is one thing that has never, ever happened for me.