Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Discussion about Jagex.
PostPosted: August 5th, 2012, 3:35 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Killjoy4eva
RS Status: Old School (2007)
Workman wrote:
Wants and needs are, business wise, the same thing, Killjoy. A company that sells water is the same as a company that sells jewelry.

You really need to take a Business 101 class my friend. You have no idea how one runs.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 5th, 2012, 3:35 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: August 6th, 2012, 12:49 am 

RS Name: Lord Earth
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Clan Quest
Workman wrote:
Wants and needs are, business wise, the same thing, Killjoy. A company that sells water is the same as a company that sells jewelry.

Are you serious? I'm not going to die if I don't have get a certain amount of jewelry, am I?

Global Moderator since August 25, 2014 18:30:29

PostPosted: August 6th, 2012, 10:55 am 
Cleverly Disguised Spammer

RS Name: Piratesock
Clan Name: The Mushroom Pirate Federation
Earth wrote:
Workman wrote:

Are you serious? I'm not going to die if I don't have get a certain amount of jewelry, am I?

Use a tap. Find a spring.

Vote with your wallet. Unsubscribe.

PostPosted: August 9th, 2012, 9:50 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Arrkain
Clan Name: Overloaded XP
Something so many people fail to understand are that SoF and Solomon were NOT JAGEX'S BRAINCHILD. At the risk of being called out for "blindly defending Jagex," they really don't have much say in some things anymore. Why? Investors. I'm not going to give everyone a lesson on investment and the stock market, but I'll try to break it down a little.

A while back Andrew Gower sold off his share of Jagex and left the company. In turn, the corporation you should really "hate" if you even want to call it that is Insight Venture Partners. IVP owns the majority of the stock in Jagex Ltd now. For those of you who don't know what that means, it means that they have the most say in what happens at Jagex. IVP makes their money by glomming on to other companies and squeezing every last cent out of it. Squeal of Fortune was most definitely a product of IVP trying to make that squeeze. Whether or not you like it matters not to me. But people really need to stop attacking Jagex like some activist group when that gets you nowhere. IVP is who you should be irritated with. Jagex is simply not allowed to comment on feedback of the SoF. I'm so sick and tired of people thinking Jagex simply became a bunch of stuck up assholes over night. No. Use your head please. I think everyone knows pre-2010 Jagex would have never done such a thing and would have responded almost immediately to the uproar that pretty much made RS history. Here's another little factoid. Go to the RSoF, and reply to any thread. Type in "Insight Venture Partners" then click the preview button. Oh, how interesting. You see ******* ******* ********? That's not shady.

Mind you IVP has gained the majority of stock in the famous MMO MapleStory and absolutely ran it into the ground and destroyed it via such "endeavors." Unbeknownst to most people that like to complain about the SoF, they've already "fallen prey" to IVP already. Does no one remember how the CEO of Jagex swore up and down they would NEVER bring Wildy and Free trade back? Anyone? Maybe I'm the only one. They made quite the commitment to banish both of those forever.......until they lost majority of their company ownership and IVP moved onto the board of directors. Their little promise meant nothing once they weren't making the rules anymore. Don't 100% quote me on this because there aren't any public records yet (to my knowledge), but it's highly believed that IVP was behind the Wild/Free Trade Resurrection to bring old players back for more revenue. Jagex wasn't making money on 8Realms. Oh look. They've shut it down. Pretty sure Funorb has been left to rot as well.

Basically as Creepy and Shane have stated: If it means so much to you, then quit and stop talking about it. You're not going to get anywhere trying to rally the people and rise against Jagex. Mostly because you're not going to get anywhere with Jagex. They're not to blame. I don't personally agree with IVP at all, but I'm giving Jagex my money for P2P. Not IVP. And quite frankly I don't like the idea of giving up a game I've been playing for 9 years where I've met some great life-long friends. I can get over the fact that a company with hundreds of thousands of subscribers doesn't personally pick me out and cater to my needs and take me out to lunch after they respond to a billing query or bug report. So many RuneScape players these days have this ridiculous sense of self-entitlement. I don't get it, and I never will.

| Combat - 138 | Total - 2695+ | Overall XP - 612m+ |
| RuneWire | My Twitter | My YouTube | My Twitch |
~17,365th to Max
51515 -> 22216
Image Image

PostPosted: August 11th, 2012, 4:32 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Here's my take.

It's the not people who pay membership that are at fault. Only those who pay for Solomon's and SoF. If no one bought from either of those, they would soon be removed because no one used them.

I don't think it's reasonable as well to say "If you don't like it, just stop paying mems." Paying membership does not equate to completely supporting every change Jagex makes. People will still want to play Runescape regardless of the changes...that doesn't mean they have to like the changes or have no right to say anything. Bottom line: regardless of what you may think as a player, this is the course Jagex is choosing to follow and it's doubtful they will change their minds and stop. Is that right? Imo, no, but that's just how it is.

Edit: Grammar.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

Last edited by Duke Juker on August 14th, 2012, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2012, 6:50 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Pyrnassius
I have to stand up and make my own point here. I am 42 years old and only started playing RS last year. I play it for the ENTERTAINMENT value. I don't get all this hatred toward Jagex by the vocal minority. Yes, I say the vocal minority, because the vast majority continue to play the game and enjoy it. I am not an advocate of SoF, but neither do I think its a bad thing. I use my free spins every day and occasionally get a free xp lamp or two. I will not feel guilty for supporting Jagex with my monthly membership. I like all the features the P2P offers over F2P. As for calling Shane stupid over his comments about a company's main directive to make money, then I have to say... look in the mirror if you need to see stupidity. If Jagex were truly failing their members in such a drastic way, it would show by a mass walkout of players who are truly upset by the direction it is taking. Most of the people I talk to are indifferent to the SoF and Solomon's store. While in a perfect world micro-transactions would not be necessary, I far prefer Jagex to be making the extra dollars gained, rather than some farming site selling gold. By the way, have you seen the spammers lately? The price they are trying to sell the gold for has gone down considerably, which shows that the direction Jagex has taken is having a direct effect on them. I would far prefer to see Jagex making that extra money which will go into game development and the like, rather than having some illegal site reaping the benefits without contributing to the continued success of the game. Just my opinion, but I really do wish the vocal minority would stop spouting off on things that just because they don't like it, they feel the rest of us should follow suit. Honestly, Workman... if you really don't like it, close your account and go find a game where it doesn't happen. I wish you the very best of luck in that.

To everyone else, sorry for the rant, and I hope you all continue enjoying the world of RS.

Happy Runescaping!!
Pyrn

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 14th, 2012, 6:50 am 
Chat Moderator

PostPosted: August 14th, 2012, 11:49 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bonsai99
RS Status: Retired
Pyrnassius wrote:
If Jagex were truly failing their members in such a drastic way, it would show by a mass walkout of players who are truly upset by the direction it is taking.

Just look on the RSOF, they are failing their members in a drastic way and there are a ton of players upset by the direction the game is taking, but when you have played the game for years you aren't just going to walk out unless it reaches a completely unbearable point. The evolution of combat is most likely going to be the thing that makes it, or breaks it.

Pyrnassius wrote:
I far prefer Jagex to be making the extra dollars gained, rather than some farming site selling gold.

It would be nice if they took that extra money and used it to make quality updates instead of spamming us with SOF promotional ****. Ever since SOF came out there has been a huge decrease in quality and frequency of content.

Pyrnassius wrote:
By the way, have you seen the spammers lately? The price they are trying to sell the gold for has gone down considerably, which shows that the direction Jagex has taken is having a direct effect on them.

Definately no, the gold farming companies are just trying to beat each other's prices, the exact same thing happened pre-bot nuke, the prices of gold slowly decreased every few weeks because of competition but after the bot nuke prices massively increased and are just gradually going back down again.

Pyrnassius wrote:
I would far prefer to see Jagex making that extra money which will go into game development and the like, rather than having some illegal site reaping the benefits without contributing to the continued success of the game.

The only thing I'm seeing extra development of is more SOF crap. It would be nice to see the bot nuke that was promised at the beginning of July. >.>

PostPosted: August 15th, 2012, 12:50 am 
Community Ambassador

RS Name: Lord Rickles
I have a lot to say, but I don't want to get deep into this rabbit hole.

I'll just say this about gold sellers. Suppy and Demand dictates that if you have a surplus, you lower the price to get rid of the excess. The price reductions prove opposite what everyone claims about them being desperate or that there has been a reduction in their supply of gold. Logically, it would be the opposite. Their bots are clearly farming "too much" gold too fast.

This of it this way. Groutworms were being farmed to death, as noted by Jagex reducing the drop values recently. Here's why: You can easily make 250k every 15 minutes there. One million an hour. Multiply that by how many worms are there, let's say 30. Thirty million an hour. Now, they don't stop, so 24 hours a day leads to 720M gold being amassed in a day. There's like 50 member worlds? Probably more, but let's just use that. That's 3 and a half billion GP being farmed from that one spot alone. Think of ALL the spots there are in RS that are infested with bots. We're talking around 500B gold a day being farmed and devastating the game in every way. It's annoying, ruins the economy, prevents players from legitimate money making in game, slows exp gain. Realistically, the manpower and wages to "stop bots", the server load and bandwidth usage, electricity, logistics, resources being used and polluting the Earth...so a 14 year old can spend his allowance on some RS gold.

Whether this impact is from legitimate ways to gain gold through paying that players are doing, like through SOF, is impossible to determine, but one thing is for sure: Gold sellers aren't having any trouble getting and maintaining their stockpiles of gold to meet the demands from their customers at the hands of Jagex by any means, and that's disgraceful.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2012, 12:34 pm 

Bonsai99 wrote:
Pyrnassius wrote:
If Jagex were truly failing their members in such a drastic way, it would show by a mass walkout of players who are truly upset by the direction it is taking.

Just look on the RSOF, they are failing their members in a drastic way and there are a ton of players upset by the direction the game is taking, but when you have played the game for years you aren't just going to walk out unless it reaches a completely unbearable point. The evolution of combat is most likely going to be the thing that makes it, or breaks it.

They're obviously not upset enough to cancel their membership

Bonsai99 wrote:
Pyrnassius wrote:
I far prefer Jagex to be making the extra dollars gained, rather than some farming site selling gold.

It would be nice if they took that extra money and used it to make quality updates instead of spamming us with SOF promotional ****. Ever since SOF came out there has been a huge decrease in quality and frequency of content.

Throwing money at a problem generally doesn't fix it

Bonsai99 wrote:
Pyrnassius wrote:
I would far prefer to see Jagex making that extra money which will go into game development and the like, rather than having some illegal site reaping the benefits without contributing to the continued success of the game.

The only thing I'm seeing extra development of is more SOF crap. It would be nice to see the bot nuke that was promised at the beginning of July. >.>

Why do people not like Squeal of Fortune? I don't understand why there's opposition to it.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2012, 12:38 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Killjoy4eva
RS Status: Old School (2007)
Earth wrote:
Bonsai99 wrote:
Pyrnassius wrote:

Why do people not like Squeal of Fortune? I don't understand why there's opposition to it.

Because you can buy spins with real life money.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2012, 8:31 pm 
Runite Member

Earth wrote:
Bonsai99 wrote:
Pyrnassius wrote:

If they hired more people to work on REAL CONTENT the problem would be solved, or they could just shift their attention off their ******* goblin wheel and onto real content.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2012, 8:54 pm 

Bonsai99 wrote:
Earth wrote:

If they hired more people to work on REAL CONTENT the problem would be solved, or they could just shift their attention off their ******* goblin wheel and onto real content.

I don't see how there is a difference between this and any other content that is released.
I also find it odd that one of the most outspoken critics against this didn't comment at all on either of my other points

PostPosted: August 15th, 2012, 9:07 pm 
Runite Member

Earth wrote:
Bonsai99 wrote:
Earth wrote:

I don't see how there is a difference between this and any other content that is released.
I also find it odd that one of the most outspoken critics against this didn't comment at all on either of my other points

The difference between SOF content and real content is that real content are things that people can be excited for and actually want to see and SOF content is just a bunch of crappy items/some crappy promotion for the wheel of RWT. And as for the other two points, the first one you pretty much just summarized what I said and the last one was already answered by killjoy so it was pointless to respond to.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2012, 9:18 pm 

Bonsai99 wrote:
The difference between SOF content and real content is that real content are things that people can be excited for and actually want to see and SOF content is just a bunch of crappy items/some crappy promotion for the wheel of RWT. And as for the other two points, the first one you pretty much just summarized what I said and the last one was already answered by killjoy so it was pointless to respond to.

If you hate it so much and you want them to change it, why are you still an active, paying member?

PostPosted: August 15th, 2012, 10:54 pm 
Runite Member

Earth wrote:
Bonsai99 wrote:

If you hate it so much and you want them to change it, why are you still an active, paying member?

2 Good Quotes to Summarize It

Duke Juker wrote:
It's the not people who pay membership that are at fault. Only those who pay for Solomon's and SoF. If no one bought from either of those, they would soon be removed because no one used them.

I don't think it's reasonable as well to say "If you don't like it, just stop paying mems." Paying membership does not equate to completely supporting every change Jagex makes. People will still want to play Runescape regardless of the changes...that doesn't mean they have to like the changes or have no right to say anything.

Davo wrote:
And quite frankly I don't like the idea of giving up a game I've been playing for 9 years where I've met some great life-long friends.