Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: What an Annoyance
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 10:12 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Clan Quest
As part of the membership trial, players are limited to withdrawing noted items up to a max of 300 at a time. This is very annoying and I made a post in the rants forum to hopefully get Jagex's attention. What do you guys think?

Quick find code: 285-286-693-63766197

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 10:12 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Post subject: Re: What an Annoyance
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 10:16 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bryan Tran
Clan Name: W22 Farming
I hope you're not kidding. That's the strangest thing to have a limit on! What the hell?

And I can't find that thread. Hopefully it wasn't removed or something.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 10:34 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Need to be logged in to see the Rants forum I guess. Here is the text.

Quote:
As part of the membership trial, players can only withdraw items up to notes of 300. This is quite small and especially problematic when you want to sell things in large bulk on the exchange for example. I don't see any good reason to limit item withdrawals to 300 items max. There are two solutions as I see it. Either increase the limit to a bigger number that is more reasonable (1000 being fine in my opinion) or do away with the limit entirely. It's only a two week trial, and limiting how much you can withdraw from the bank won't get more free players to buy membership. Even free players not on the trial still have unlimited note withdraws. This only serves as an annoyance and a put off to the game. Please change this.

RSBandB Member #517
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2012, 6:07 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
RS Status: F2P
You can't be handed everything lol. Pay like everyone else if you want the full features.

The membership trial is to get you interested in members, not so you can take advantage of the period, make the most of it and run. They can limit whatever they want to keep the trial just that. Although I don't think there should be limits on free to play items as long as they're not being used in a member only way.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2012, 6:09 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: Bonsai99
RS Status: Retired
Probably an attempt to deter goldfarming.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2012, 6:50 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: StarMilgauss
Bonsai hit on the nail.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2012, 6:50 am 
Rsbandb Donor

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2012, 12:35 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

Still only talking a two week trial. Maybe the most resourceful person could gold farm a lot, but that's not a lot of time.
Warren wrote:
You can't be handed everything lol. Pay like everyone else if you want the full features.

The membership trial is to get you interested in members, not so you can take advantage of the period, make the most of it and run. They can limit whatever they want to keep the trial just that. Although I don't think there should be limits on free to play items as long as they're not being used in a member only way.

It's not getting handed everything. Like I said, even free players can withdraw as many noted items as they want.

I understand the idea, but it's an awful one. Basically, they are ***** you off into buying a membership when no limits on banking are part of the game. It's not like its going to stop someone from gold farming or something. Sure it's harder to sell things, but I've just gone ahead and done it anyway, proving that it's not effective. Just takes more time and that's a pain. It's doesn't make me want to buy members any more than I did before.

RSBandB Member #517

PostPosted: June 4th, 2012, 2:24 pm 
BANNED

RS Name: firering401
Not trying to be discriminatory (Believe me, I've got yelled at this before):

They could impose the limit only on areas where major gold shops are. IE, geolocate (possibly chinese or korean areas), and block them from using the trial / taking out notes over 300

PostPosted: June 4th, 2012, 3:22 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Skype Jay
Well countries should ban American tourists from buying fast food. Obviously not fair at all to like 95% of the people who don't have a problem. XD

And they've basically given you $5 for free. I don't think anyone getting something for free is in a position to rant unless part of your trial is wasted with connection issues or there's some other adverse affect like that.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2012, 5:56 pm 
BANNED

RS Name: firering401
Warren wrote:
Well countries should ban American tourists from buying fast food. Obviously not fair at all to like 95% of the people who don't have a problem. XD

And they've basically given you $5 for free. I don't think anyone getting something for free is in a position to rant unless part of your trial is wasted with connection issues or there's some other adverse affect like that.

- They could geolocate by cities
- I wouldn't even bother redeeming the trial, as I can't log in without giving jagex my email.