Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: A Runespan Question
PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 9:09 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Pyrnassius
RS Status: P2P
With the new Runespan training area being so incredibly quick for XP levelling, does anyone foresee the prices of runes going up? Or, because of the new Lodestone teleports, will the use of runes in the game start to go down and therefore the market for them deteriorate? I would love to hear everyone's opinion on this. Thanks :)

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 9:09 am 
Chat Moderator

Post subject: Re: A Runespan Question
PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 10:30 am 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Azek
In the short run, Aggregate Demand for runes will stay the same, but the Aggregate Supply will be going down due to lack of runes being made (also the bots being nuked) in the long run, people will see the prices of runes going up, so they will switch back to runecrafting and the equilibrium, price will go back to normal.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 11:27 am 
Runite Member

RS Name: blethorskite
Clan Name: Fealty Stars
My first thoughts are they'll go up as Ranging God suggests but people will get back to normal runecrafting if that's the case to make GP.

ImageImage

PostPosted: May 4th, 2012, 1:37 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: Duke Juker
Clan Name: Clan Quest
I think what will be more noticeable is a jump in members runes (laws, natures, etc.) since members benefit the most from the Runespan. Elemental runes will probably go up slightly, but nothing great. Just depends on how much people want to train in the Runespan and if they'll want to go back to making runes for money later.

82nd Dragon Member since 05/12/2010
RSBandB Member #517
Current Activities: Ports, Dailies/Monthlies, DXP
Skill Masteries: Firemaking, Cooking, Woodcutting, Fletching, Mining, Agility, Prayer, Smithing, Fishing, Summoning, Construction, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving, Crafting, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Runecrafting, Slayer, Magic, Ranged, Defence, Constitution, Attack, Strength, Invention & 1st Max (3/9/19), Archaeology & 2nd Max (4/16/21), 200m Firemaking, Necromancy

PostPosted: May 5th, 2012, 4:49 am 
Chat Moderator

RS Name: Pyrnassius
Cool. I have gone from level 65 to level 72 in just 3 days at the Runespan. I do enjoy it there, but feel a little guilty at just HOW easy the XP is. Once I hit 77, i think i will mix it up between standard runecrafting and the Runespan. I wonder if Jagex will introduce a time limit for training there. It just seems TOO quick considering the alternatives. I know you don't really get much from it other than XP, similar to woodcutting vines (which i haven't done due to the monotony of it and the fact you get nothing from it), but the area is interesting and hopping from island to island negates any boredom... added to the fact that if you do get bored, you can hunt down the yellow robed wizard or try and find the runesphere. I do think this is one update that will continue being popular well into the future. OK, with that said, I am off to train... Happy RSing all

PostPosted: May 7th, 2012, 5:34 pm 
Adamantite Member

RS Name: Tacomergency
I assume that all prices will go up, unless a lot of bots come back and continue to make them.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: May 7th, 2012, 5:34 pm 
Adamantite Member

PostPosted: May 12th, 2012, 9:03 pm 
Rsbandb Donor

RS Name: StarMilgauss
A know that the bots will increase, so the prices will probably go down in the long run.