Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Special Browser?
PostPosted: December 30th, 2004, 4:55 pm 
Mithril Member

RS Name: Ares 23 Ret.
RS Status: F2P
I need a new browser (RuneScape Xplorer is getting old, and is not "up to date" [My computer won't let me install updates for some reason :-k])

I am wondering, which would you perfer to use as a browser? And if you could, will you tell me what the URL is to download it?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 30th, 2004, 4:55 pm 
Mithril Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2004, 5:54 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: H5K
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: Damage Inc.
i only use runescape official client cuz i dont trust any lese :P, but maybe you should try runehq's? just go to runehq.com then special reports or something then u will fins runescape client or something.

~Hello5000

Last visit was: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:49 am
It is currently Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:04 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2004, 10:07 pm 
Dragon Member

Hello5000 wrote:
i only use runescape official client cuz i dont trust any lese :P, but maybe you should try runehq's? just go to runehq.com then special reports or something then u will fins runescape client or something.

~Hello5000

the runeHQ's is what he is using... it is called runE XPLORER, or RX

I asked mike about making a program like that before, (wouldn't it be really cool tho) he said no, he ain't spending time coding that

that will be really sweet , since we've got very good calculators

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2004, 10:29 pm 
whats these rs explorers every1 is talking about? what's special about them compared to internat explorer? or are they somethign different entirely

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2004, 10:33 pm 
Dragon Member

handycapduck wrote:
whats these rs explorers every1 is talking about? what's special about them compared to internat explorer? or are they somethign different entirely

rx explorer, designed by Razor from RuneHQ, the rx explorer includes world switcher( which is really useful, i found out you can still enter worlds that are full, just click the globe), you can take easy screenshot( i liked and i took like 100 pics in an hour LOL), you can view other people's stats( which is really useful when you try to brag in front of them, and one thing about it is, when they say they have pretend 67 in mining, you look him up he only has 66, it is possible, your stats in highscore only gets upgraded once you log out), others can be maps of runescape, wilderness and others( they didn't work on my Rx for some reason), also they have calculators( they are rs classic, OURS ARE WAY BETTER, so i suggest you go to http://WWW.RSBANDB.COM for high quality and advanced calculators and signatures)

does that explain good? i'm telling you some experiences too

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2004, 10:36 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
All they are is just like a minibrowser that people made for playing runescape (some of them cut out the ads and little bar above the runescape window), they just have little features on them like links to all the different worlds, and links to calculators (not as good as calcs here :P), takes screenshot and other stuff.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: December 30th, 2004, 10:36 pm 
Site Owner

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2004, 10:38 pm 
Dragon Member

mike12088 wrote:
All they are is just like a minibrowser that people made for playing runescape (some of them cut out the ads and little bar above the runescape window), they just have little features on them like links to all the different worlds, and links to calculators (not as good as calcs here :P), takes screenshot and other stuff.

lol, nice summary,
Quote:
not as good as calcs here :P
agreed

how many are there though

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2004, 10:41 pm 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
Rocket2004 wrote:
mike12088 wrote:

lol, nice summary,
Quote:
agreed

how many what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 30th, 2004, 10:42 pm 
Dragon Member

mike12088 wrote:
Rocket2004 wrote:
mike12088 wrote:

lol, nice summary,
Quote:
agreed

how many what?

how many of those browsers there are, i saw chunge with a special browser

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 31st, 2004, 2:44 pm 
Dragon Member

RS Name: meatwad3
RS Status: Classic
I use the official rs client but there is a program called swiftswitch that is legal and illegal. Every1 keeps posting pics that the client is legal and itcis illegal. Just use the rs official client.

I love Taco's!!!Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2005, 4:31 pm 
Steel Member

its against jagex rules to use unofficial clients anyway, and you might get banned for it, and in some cases you could get hacked (keylogger in the browser)

just stick with the official client if u can

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 1st, 2005, 5:19 pm 
Runite Member

RS Name: H5K
Clan Name: Damage Inc.
Quote:
how many of those browsers there are, i saw chunge with a special browser

theres un countable of them. but most of them are illegal and contains viruses and keyloggers and all bad programs you get think about. runehq's is probably legal tho because its a very well nkow fan site and they have probably asked jagex about it too. an other reason why runehqs probably is legal is that so many runescapers has downloaded it so if jagex should start ban all those users who have tried that they would lose alot of members.

~Hello5000

Last visit was: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:49 am
It is currently Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:04 am