Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Need Help | Blocked/Banned IP address?
PostPosted: August 12th, 2010, 10:45 am 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Borgis1
RS Status: P2P
Clan Name: SoA
umm ok i think you 'guys' have have blocked/banned my IP of (IP hidden bye me after problem resolved) because i cannot get on any part of this site at all....i am using a free proxy server to type this right now.

here's some info for you 'guys';
----------
ISP = ClearWire - they have no control over my external IP at all only my internal IP. Also they are not blocking me at all.....i just got off the phone with them.

External IP = (IP hidden bye me after problem resolved)

Win OS = Win XP Pro

Browsers = FireFox 3.6.8 and I.E 8.0.6001.18702

Error Report =
The connection has timed out

The server at http://www.rsbandb.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Notes =
-I have tried every thing on my side to make this site work but can't get it to work.
-I can go to every other site but this one.
-Every body else i have talked to says that they can get on this site so it's not them it's my IP.
-I have also tried my mom's computer to get on here but that doesn't work either.
-Also I have not done anything to warrant an IP Block/Ban, considering I just signed up to the forums today using a free proxy server to get to this site since I can't get on this site without it.

Last edited by Borgis1 on August 12th, 2010, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Register and login to get these in-post ads to disappear
PostPosted: August 12th, 2010, 10:45 am 
Bronze Member

Post subject: Re: Need Help | Blocked/Banned IP address?
PostPosted: August 12th, 2010, 11:07 am 
Site Owner

RS Name: mike12088
Clan Name: Bits and Bytes
I am sorry you weren't able to access the site. I found the problem and you should be able to access the site properly now.

Thank you for the information you gave, it was helpful in finding the problem. This problem may have been affecting some other users as well, so I am really grateful you reported this.

If you are wondering what the issue was, well, along with our regular firewall rules, it was also using a list of reserved/unallocated networks to block traffic from addresses that aren't yet assigned to anywhere to block obvious IP spoofers. But the problem is this list wasn't automatically updating itself like it should have been and it was almost a year out of date. The 50.* block of IPs was recently assigned to ISPs this year but it was still in our block list. I've removed this filter from our firewall, it should have never been on in the first place since IP addresses are quickly being assigned and will likely only block legitimate users like yourself.

If you still have issues, please let me know.

Post subject: Re: Need Help | Blocked/Banned IP address?
PostPosted: August 12th, 2010, 11:24 am 
Bronze Member

RS Name: Borgis1
Clan Name: SoA
Ty for unblocking me. I am so happy now that i can get to use this site again.....i use this site all the time for the calcs and other stuff so when i wasn't able to get on here at all i was sad and mad so i had to use Tip.It for the calcs and i really don't like theirs but i love this site's calcs....sot now i am very happy.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.
--------
and i am glade i was able to help you guys for unblocking other people as well.